Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, The Peep Show is Hilarious

:previous:

Thank you for the videos, nonesuch! :flowers: I really like Peep Show.

You're welcome Dierna23:author:
An eclectic sense of humo(u)r
is a good thing or to phrase this differently:
"Imagination was given man to compensate for what he is not, and a sense of humor to console him for what he is.”
and I have an imaginative sense of H... :pigsfly:

She really is stunning. Well done Lord Freddie for landing himself such a lovely wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks so pale. I hope that it's just the lighting.:ermm:

It is great to see Lord Frederic promoting the United Kingdom abroad. However, I have to agree with Mermaid1962 about his, shall we say, unhealthy paleness. I wonder whether or not Lady Frederic attended the event.

Lord Frederick Windsor and Sophie Winkleman pose at the 2nd Annual Genlux Britweek Designer Of The Year Fashion Awards And Show at Smashbox Studios on May 8, 2010 in West Hollywood, California.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

For some reason those pics remind me of the demeanor of Prince & Princess Michael when they are together (i.e. gorgeous, vivacious woman with a titled husband awkwardly present). I'm not implying that he married his mother, but :ROFLMAO:

There's something about Lord Freddie that puts me in mind of a bashful boy, especially in that last picture. He looks rather sweet.:flowers:

Excerpts from Sophie Winkleman’s 100 Questions interview

Lady Frederick Windsor's (or as she's been called in the press: "Lady Sophie Windsor") situation comedy premieres in a few weeks in the US.
Here is a short interview.

NBC Preview 2009/10 - Sophie Winkleman Interview - Video - NBC.com

I wish the show the best, but I hope that they go lightly on the laugh track.
Please keep the forced guffaws to a minimum.
:rainbow:

Royal approval as Eton goes bust for David Cameron (a pun)

From the Daily Telegraph:

"By convention, members of the Royal family do not take up their right to vote, but Lord Frederick Windsor is excited by David Cameron, a fellow Old Etonian, entering Downing Street."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/david-cameron/7753921/Royal-approval-as-Eton-goes-bust-for-David-Cameron.html

In addition-
Below is an interesting photograph of Lord Freddie and Sophie Winkleman rushing about regally at Wimbledon last year.
Note the elaborate hat that Sophie wears; it also proves to be an effective sunscreen.

http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=4a1bd6c61fba7974e01380e2991c4c6b&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.picapp.com%2Fftp%2FImages%2F5%2F4%2F0%2Fb%2FCelebrities_attend_the_ff35.jpg%3FadImageId%3D2915380%26imageId%3D5299237

Thank you for the article, Nonesuch! I bet Freddie will not be amused that the telegraph used his personal statements on facebook for a headline... :nonono:

Just a reminder that Sophie's new sitcom premieres tonight!

100 Questions 2010 Unseen HD Trailer And Special Clip Hot And Exclusive

Two clips of Sophie's new sitcom.

100 Questions 2010 Unseen HD Trailer And Special Clip Hot And Exclusive - Styleblips.com

The critics were rather lousy...

Maybe after a few episodes, if the show lasts that long, the actors will find their characters and the ensemble will find a rhythm. In the premiere, though, the actors are just stereotypes plunked down in the same large apartment together.

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/article...s_is_an_out_of_date_look_at_the_dating_world/

They look great together. Still amazes me how much Freddie supports his wife! :)

Danke D23

Thank you for the article, Nonesuch! I bet Freddie will not be amused that the telegraph used his personal statements on facebook for a headline... :nonono:

You’re welcome Dierna23, but I think Lord Freddie despite the infringement upon his privacy is at the same time reassured that his opinions are newsworthy and maintain his social cachet.
If he invites me I’ll break my standing practice of declining Facebook invitations ;)
Vielleicht I’ll develop a new class of friends :king3:

Speaking of Friends and status-

Well, it appears that the fitfully funny situation comedy starring Sophie Winkleman may not possess longevity according to ‘Mandrake’ from the Daily Telegraph. He said that it was picked up for 6 instead of 13 shows as originally planned. I, myself would head to the “Daily Variety” for a substantive confirmation. In the meantime, I’ll try to see the first episode online; this past week was so frenetic that I missed the broadcast.
It was truly pleasing to listen to an excerpt (courtesy of Dierna23) displaying Sophie’s mellifluous RP (Received Pronunciation); so pleasant to the ears.
It’s sad that the BBC has moved away from the plummy cut-glass speech towards the harsher, vaguer “estuary.”

I do hope for the best for “100 Questions…”
Still, there is good news involving Lord Freddie and “Lady Sophie.”
The Daily Telegraph avers that Freddie and Sophie may well stay longer in LA- it’s turning out to be somewhat felicitous after all: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/7783411/Sophie-Winkleman-finds-that-American-comedy-is-no-laughing-matter.html

Well, it appears that the fitfully funny situation comedy starring Sophie Winkleman may not possess longevity according to ‘Mandrake’ from the Daily Telegraph.
To get picked up at all is an achievement. Most shows never make it past the pilot episode.

Both attend today the Wimbledon final between Berdych and Nadal. The cameras made a snapshot a few minutes ago. Freddy wears sunglasses.

They appear to be an odd couple. Is it a real love match or is it because Winkleman comes from a wealthy family and the Kents are rather bankrupt? I am certain his title is helpful for an actress!

They appear to be an odd couple. Is it a real love match or is it because Winkleman comes from a wealthy family and the Kents are rather bankrupt? I am certain his title is helpful for an actress!

The Kents bankrupt? Since when?
And the pair both make their own money the don't rely on anything from Michael and Marie-Christine.
She's only become a Lady, her title isn't going to get her anywhere in the TV world. She doesn't even use her title.

Bankrupt is a relative term. They sold their house, last year they sold a lot of family heirlooms. So at least they need money.
I remember there was a rumor going around that Frederick was actually gay?
Winkleman's title will not get her anywhere in TV world? Hm. At least she will always be a member of the Windsor family if her career fails to succeed. :)

She'd had a career for a long time, it hasn't failed since she got a title.
Just because Michael and Marie-Christine are possible bankrupt, doesn't mean Frederik and Sophie are. Like I said they both work for themselves, I see no evidence that Freddie and Sophie are bankrupt.

That rumour died a long time ago.

I think you've got a point here. For the record, I believe they love each other. We just don't know if they love each other for the right reasons and thus, how long their love will last.;) There must have been a sort of arrangement before their wedding, that's more than obvious. And who says Fred & Sophie haven't accepted money from her family? We know they both work and make money, but is there evidence that they never needed or accepted some extra help from her parents? :)

I believe they married because they love each other. As for the rest - we will have to wait and see how their marriage will develop. :)

Did I miss something? Where did the conspiracy theories about this marraige come from all of a sudden? It seems where the Michaels of Kent or their children are concerned some people can't take what they see at face value ie every move they make has to be motivated by money or something even more sinister. He and his wife just seem like a normal, happy, newly married couple to me. Also are the forum moderators not supposed to delete posts where people speculate in a nasty way without any foundation whatsoever?

There has been no speculation in a nasty way, all Blackadder was saying that the couple was odd in their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom