The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2019, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

Thanks for the update!

Frederic and Sophie looked relaxed. Frederic's jeans left much to be desired though.
David Cameron wore the identical outfit to the party. Apparently it’s the official holiday uniform for Old Etonians.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Annabels.html

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-14-2019, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

It obviously wasn't a formal party. Many of the men were in jeans or casual trousers, even some of the women. Sophie seems to be wearing dark ones. Only a few men were in full suits.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
David Cameron wore the identical outfit to the party. Apparently it’s the official holiday uniform for Old Etonians.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Annabels.html
I should have worded it better ... Frederic's jeans were not fitted properly and appeared to be big on him.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I should have worded it better ... Frederic's jeans were not fitted properly and appeared to be big on him.
I knew what you meant. I like an outfit like that, but neither man could really carry it off. Mick Jagger looked fabulous, though.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-11-2020, 03:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Lady Frederick Windsor, has become royal patron of the Children's Surgery Foundation (previously known as the Chelsea Children's Hospital Charity), which raises funds for equipment and facilities to make stays at the hospital more welcoming and pleasant for children and their families.

https://www.childrenssurgeryfoundati...-royal-patron/
Old 06-21-2020, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Lady Frederick Windsor has given an interview to the Tatler magazine:

** tatler: Exclusive: Why Lady Frederick Windsor will be avoiding Zoom post-lockdown **

** dm article: Peep Show actress Sophie Winkleman who's married to the Queen's cousin Lord Frederick Windsor admits..**
Old 06-21-2020, 03:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News 1: September 2009-

A very odd article indeed. If the intended purpose was to highlight her patronage and the work it does, it’s failed miserably.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree. It's a really weird interview. Sophie complains about the regulations, tells that it is really hard for children from poor families to keep up with school - just after she admitted her family is doing rather bad in that area as well - and wants to get back to normal asap. Oh, and she has several patronages (that aren't even named) - including this new one because she is married to the queen's first cousin-once-removed and seemed interested in the cause during a conversation.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I agree. It's a really weird interview. Sophie complains about the regulations, tells that it is really hard for children from poor families to keep up with school - just after she admitted her family is doing rather bad in that area as well - and wants to get back to normal asap. Oh, and she has several patronages (that aren't even named) - including this new one because she is married to the queen's first cousin-once-removed and seemed interested in the cause during a conversation.
It doesn't seem to have any point..
Old 06-22-2020, 08:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
including this new one because she is married to the queen's first cousin-once-removed and seemed interested in the cause during a conversation.

Sometimes that's all it takes: Member of the royal family (especially with a title) +interest = patronage, especially for a newer charity. I can see that she'd be interested in a charity that helps families through surgery in general after her family's ordeal but they didn't go in to detail, even though that was alledgedly the point if the article.

I think her point about poor and disadvantaged children was supposed to be that the schools and families don't have the resources available that she does. That has been a discussion during lockdown. She does admit that Thomas's is being fantastic with the teaching and what they have, just that she's terrible at making Maud do the work (and doesn't seem very sorry about it) so that's why she's going to be far behind. As opposed to someone that doesn't have the reasources, time or even computers to homeschool their kids.

The article was all over the place though and I think she had some points that got completely lost in the tone and meandering nature and talk about threatre roles and the connection missing on Zoom. I did roll my eyes at Tatler's little sly dig about being an actress best known "among certain a subsection of the population" as Channel 4's Peep Show's Susan.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Sometimes that's all it takes: Member of the royal family (especially with a title) +interest = patronage, especially for a newer charity. I can see that she'd be interested in a charity that helps families through surgery in general after her family's ordeal but they didn't go in to detail, even though that was alledgedly the point if the article.

I think her point about poor and disadvantaged children was supposed to be that the schools and families don't have the resources available that she does. That has been a discussion during lockdown. She does admit that Thomas's is being fantastic with the teaching and what they have, just that she's terrible at making Maud do the work (and doesn't seem very sorry about it) so that's why she's going to be far behind. As opposed to someone that doesn't have the reasources, time or even computers to homeschool their kids.

The article was all over the place though and I think she had some points that got completely lost in the tone and meandering nature and talk about threatre roles and the connection missing on Zoom. I did roll my eyes at Tatler's little sly dig about being an actress best known "among certain a subsection of the population" as Channel 4's Peep Show's Susan.
certainly not very impressive.. If she is not able to help her chilld learn and keep up, what hope is there for more disadvantaged children..

Tags
lady frederick windsor, lord frederick windsor, sophie winkleman