Picture:
Lady Frederick Windsor make her first public appearance since her car accident-
https://mobile.twitter.com/Catwalker...18248293924866

Looking good Sophie!

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-21-2018, 10:02 AM
Majesty

Thanks for the update!
It is great to see Lady Frederic attending the races.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:32 AM
Majesty

Great relief that she didn't end in a wheelchair.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's great to see Sophie looking so well. She looks gorgeous - I'd never have guessed that she was in a bad accident not too long ago!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-23-2018, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

So happy to see her apparently in great form
Old 04-29-2018, 02:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Lady Frederick Windsor give an interview and make a photoshout in Hello and talking about her car crash last November

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...-car-accident/

Lady Frederick at a Hello! Magazine x Dover Street Market 30th anniversary party, in London, on 9 May

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...ie%20Winkleman
Old 04-29-2018, 02:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Wow, I cant even imagine. Glad she is doing better and recovering. It really is a miracle that she wasn't killed or paralyzed by it.

Nice mention of Charles having his chef prepare the family's meals for them for the month she was in the hospital, and after when home and disabled. For royals, something so small, but for Freddie worrying about his 2 daughters, and his wife in the hospital and through therapy, was likely a huge relief off his shoulders during it.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Lady Frederick Windsor give an interview and make a photoshout in Hello and talking about her car crash last November

Glad to read so recovered, what a horrible accident... (loved P.Charles' gift )
Old 04-29-2018, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Oh Jesus, I’m glad Sophie has been recovering well after that horrifying car crash. I know the family is frightened to death of anyone getting into a crash again, so it’s great that they’ve been supporting her and the family.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-29-2018, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm glad that Sophie has made a recovery. It must have been a terrifying experience. So lovely to hear of the gestures from Charles - I've started to warm up to him more lately.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-29-2018, 04:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Wow, I cant even imagine. Glad she is doing better and recovering. It really is a miracle that she wasn't killed or paralyzed by it.

Nice mention of Charles having his chef prepare the family's meals for them for the month she was in the hospital, and after when home and disabled. For royals, something so small, but for Freddie worrying about his 2 daughters, and his wife in the hospital and through therapy, was likely a huge relief off his shoulders during it.
Nice mention of William as well

“She also reveals how the Duke of Cambridge, her husband's cousin, personally phoned the hospital to ensure she was well looked after. "I heard from pretty much every member of Freddie's family, I was spoiled to bits by them," she reveals.”
Old 04-29-2018, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes indeed it was nice the WHOLE FAMILY made sure to call. Thank for making sure to point out I missed William in that

I just thought it was a nice gesture of Charles to go a step further, and make sure the family had less to worry after.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yes indeed it was nice the WHOLE FAMILY made sure to call. Thank for making sure to point out I missed William in that

I just thought it was a nice gesture of Charles to go a step further, and make sure the family had less to worry after.
You didn’t mentioned the whole family and only Charles and William have the weight to make sure things are going well.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Highly surprising interview, speaking volumes about the REAL relations inside the BRF (and you have to laugh about the supposed Charle's selfishness after that).
More stories like this please !
Old 04-29-2018, 06:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Nice mention of William as well

“She also reveals how the Duke of Cambridge, her husband's cousin, personally phoned the hospital to ensure she was well looked after. "I heard from pretty much every member of Freddie's family, I was spoiled to bits by them," she reveals.”
Worth noting that she was initially at Addenbrooks (and stayed for two weeks), which is the main trauma centre that EACH works at. We've seen pictures of William there, interacting with staff. So his actions in calling the hospital might not have been so much as the Duke as the former air ambulance pilot who actually knows the staff.

I suspect, having grown up as the child of a staff nurse, the latter is likely to bear more weight in a "please look after my cousin" call.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Looking forward to reading that in Hello... she was very Lucky I think !
Old 04-29-2018, 07:23 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the interview!
Being a mother of two young children, it must be terrifying to face uncertainty after the car crush. It is wonderul that Lady Frederic and her family enjoyed full family support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Highly surprising interview, speaking volumes about the REAL relations inside the BRF (and you have to laugh about the supposed Charle's selfishness after that).
More stories like this please !
I liked the fact that Prince Charles' support was practical.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Worth noting that she was initially at Addenbrooks (and stayed for two weeks), which is the main trauma centre that EACH works at. We've seen pictures of William there, interacting with staff. So his actions in calling the hospital might not have been so much as the Duke as the former air ambulance pilot who actually knows the staff.

I suspect, having grown up as the child of a staff nurse, the latter is likely to bear more weight in a "please look after my cousin" call.
I so agree hel. That personal connection to the staff (which former EAA pilot William would have) is very valuable.

Article from last summer when William was part of the team transporting a female patient.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ital-last-air/
Old 04-29-2018, 10:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
You didn’t mentioned the whole family and only Charles and William have the weight to make sure things are going well.
You didn't mention the family either. Only William. But the quote you helpfully printed for me, mentioned the entire family called. And I would argue, Charles and William are certainly not the ONLY ones who can make sure things go well. The queen and any member of the family could help. Mr John Smith down the road could help.

I didn't think I had to. Its in the article for everyone to read

Just like anyone else, I simply commented on what caught my attention Just as Leez and HereditaryPrincess did. I notice you didn't take fault with either of them

But thank you for pointing out my shortcomings.

Quote:
I liked the fact that Prince Charles' support was practical.
I agree, Charles definitely has a practical approach to things. Something he has in common with his father and sister as well. But at times like this, I am sure the practical approach was much appreciated by the family.

When you have 2 little girls at home, a wife in the hospital, and working, the last thing you need to worry about, is packing lunches and making dinner.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Harrowing tale. Glad she has recovered so well. I agree with others regarding the wonderful shout-out to Charles.

Quote:
Just five months on from that terrifying November evening, Sophie is finally ready to tell her story, including the overwhelming kindness and compassion she has been shown by senior members of the royal family. She reveals the "magnificently practical" gift from the Prince of Wales. "Prince Charles sensed correctly that everything would be chaos at home, so he asked his cook, instead of taking care of him, to take care of us. So, our lunches and dinners were cooked at Clarence House then delivered for weeks on end while I was in hospital and then still disabled at home."

Tags
lady frederick windsor, lord frederick windsor, sophie winkleman