Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 1: Sep 2009- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Sophie is a working actress they are not just private individuals related to the Queen and Sophie needs some press for her career. They seem to be balancing the need to be in the public eye for her career with not exploiting his royal connections very well. Much like Zara and Mike with Mia, or Peter and Autumn with their daughters we see Maud occasionally.

Are Freddie and Sophie actually considered to be royalty? As someone else said, we rarely if ever hear about the children of the Gloucesters and other Kents.

Are Freddie and Sophie actually considered to be royalty? As someone else said, we rarely if ever hear about the children of the Gloucesters and other Kents.

No. They are related to the Royal Family.

Example. My mother was Scottish - her family was Scottish. I am related to Scots (I was born in England)

Lord and Lady Frederick at three Oscar-related events on Februar 17, 20 and 21, and attending the 2015 REDCAT Gala honouring Jamie and Michael Lynton and Gabriel Orozco at the REDCAT Theatre in Los Angeles on March 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Lord Frederick attended the 9th annual BritWeek launch party at the British Consul General's Residence in Los Angeles yesterday, April 21:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

No. They are related to the Royal Family.

Example. My mother was Scottish - her family was Scottish. I am related to Scots (I was born in England)

Hmmm. Perhaps not the best analogy. Your mother is your mother and you are part of the same family. What you are not is of the same nationality. Actually you are, because you are both citizens of the UK. However you could have voted in the Scottish referendum if you resided in Scotland. Nationality, and "the United Kingdom", is an artificial construct, as is royalty. The concept of "Royal Family" is a creation of man as much as the United Kingdom is.

Freddie is the great-grandson of George V, and so is the Duke of Gloucester's son, Alexander Windsor (Earl of Ulster), and Prince Charles. The three of them are second cousins, and as such are members of the same family. But only Charles has an HRH and is thus strictly "Royal" and therefore a member of the "Royal Family". Poor old Freddie isn't even going to inherit a title like his cousins Alexander and Nicholas will so he will forever be a commoner.

In the Gloucester and Kent family lines, the "Royal" style ends with Richard and Michael, and their children are not HRHs and therefore not considered Royal or members of the Royal family. It's only Charles' sons and William's child/children, and maybe Harry's though we don't know yet, who will continue to be HRHs and therefore Royal and members of the Royal Family. But they are all still members of the same family and are cousins and nothing will change that.

This "Royal" business is all artificial and I can't take it any more seriously than I take the "sport" of curling, but they're both great entertainment! :D

Freddie and Sophie seem like nice people and they make a very attractive couple and I love seeing photos of them out and about. I think she's quite lovely.

Last edited:
Congrats! According to Daily Fail, Freddy and Sophie are expecting another baby :)

Last edited:
^^^ A spokesperson for Prince Micheal of Kent confirmed it to the Daily Mail

Congratulations to the couple :)

What a lovely surprise! Congratulations to the couple and little Maud. :flowers:

Will the couple Windsor (Frederick and Sophie) stay in London for the birth of their second child? Or will the baby be born in the USA?
She must be seven months pregnant now.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has never struck me as a very "healthy" looking person. He has a very unhealthy pallor about him along with the bags and dark circles under his eyes. :ermm:
I wonder if he has a good personality that made his wife take a 2nd look at him, cause in my opinion, he is not a good looking person. I don't mean this to be mean or rude, but I'm sure that's how this comes across.

Last edited:
He has never struck me as a very "healthy" looking person. He has a very unhealthy pallor about him along with the bags and dark circles under his eyes. :ermm:
I wonder if he has a good personality that made his wife take a 2nd look at him, cause in my opinion, he is not a good looking person. I don't mean this to be mean or rude, but I'm sure that's how this comes across.

if only good looking people got married, then a lot of us would be on our own!

I read that she was due on her grandma's birthday. Princess Michael was born Jan 15, so she missed it by one day.

Good news indeed, but why we're now only hearing about it?

For some reason I cant get the link to work or even when I go through google. I guess not meant to read it. :sad:

Congrats to the couple and to big sister Maude. I wonder if Isabella comes from Sophie's family. Maude was a combination of royal/family names (Queen Maude, the queen, her mother's grandmother and father's grandmother). Alexandra would be a combination of Fred's Aunt Princess Alexandra and for Queen Alexandra. May I would think would be for the nickname of Queen Mary.

Congratulations to parents, grandparents and big sister!

Good news indeed, but why we're now only hearing about it?

Likely because they wanted to keep it private and then make an annoucement. How soon was Maud's birth announced?

She was born Sat night almost Sunday. It's Wednesday now. That's only a couple of days. If they didn't find the sex beforehand, picking a name could have taken a couple of days. There isn't a need to announce the birth until the names are picked.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Are his daughters now styled as honorable or just plainly Miss?

Hello had a post and now it's gone? I'm checking elsewhere.
Edit - Hello will not open at all for me right now. And I'm only finding Hello links on Twitter to back this up. So, what the heck?

Last edited:
No, the honorable is reserved for either the younger son of an Earl, or the children of a Baron or Viscount. Or a lord of parliament. Like the children of Lord Nicholas (the younger son of the Duke of Kent), Fred's kids don't have the honorific. Where as the children of David Linley, as the children of a Viscount, are the honorable. When he succeeds his father as Earl, his son will be Viscount Linley and his daughter will be Lady.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom