The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Lady Sarah attended "An Enquiring Mind: Manolo Blahnik At The Wallace Collection" in London this evening, June 10:

** Pic ** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Old 06-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for sharing.

Here are more details about the event and the inspiration behind the exhibition/tribute to Manolo Blahnik in conjunction with the Wallace Collection:

Manolo Blahnik at the Wallace Collection | A Little Bird

https://www.manoloblahnik.com/us/wallace-collection/ an explication with lovely photos from the exhibit which extends through September 1, 2019.

https://www.widewalls.ch/museum-fash...ce-collection/ scroll down to 4th feature: "Manolo Blahnik at the Wallace Collection"

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/fas...on-exhibition/
"'The Wallace Collection has been a point of reference for me since my early days in London,' said Blahnik. 'It was -- and remains -- one of my favorite museums... I am incredibly humbled and honored to be part of this project...'"

https://fashionunited.com/news/cultu.../2019040127042

An interesting critique surrounding a review of the Blahnik exhibition at the Wallace Collection:
Manolo Blahnik at the Wallace Collection - Butterflies and Wheels

I'm familiar with Blahnik's expensive designer shoes, but I never really knew much about him, so I find this interesting. I also wonder why Lady Sarah Chatto, in particular, is the royal who attended this exhibition? I would imagine it has to do with her background as an artist.

Perhaps Lady Sarah also has a connection to the Wallace Collection, or to some of the people who oversee it. She may also be friendly with Blahnik himself. Otherwise, Lady Sarah does not strike me as someone who is a fashionista, nor does she appear to be interested in wearing expensive designer shoes and high heels. Obviously, Lady Sarah knows a lot about art, and she's surely familiar with historic art such as that which comprises the Wallace Collection.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness

Sam Chatto is inviting us all to drop by Hauser & Wirth Somerset gallery for their 'common ground' at Make exhibition which has been on the run since 8 Jun - 10 Aug 2019.

**https://www.instagram.com/p/B05m3PtB2S3/

The Royal Fly®️
Old 08-08-2019, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's nice to see that Sam Chatto has taken up his mother's artistic interest. Princess Margaret's children have always been pretty creative, so it's no surprise to see that Sam Chatto is doing this. I remember reading that Margarita Armstrong-Jones is taking an artistic course for her exams, too.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-09-2019, 01:07 PM
Serene Highness

Yes he very creative and art is his passion. Almost all in the extended Windsor family have businesses that has something to do with art. Royalty plus art is a nice combination.

Sam is also good with writing too. He's really creative.

The Royal Fly®️
Old 08-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

With a sculptor/painter as a mother and an actor as a father, it's no doubt that Arthur and Samuel have artistic genes!

I can imagine most of the BRF get their creative genes, if we're going back, from Queen Victoria. It's well known that she was a keen painter and enjoyed sketching.

Old 08-10-2019, 12:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
With a sculptor/painter as a mother and an actor as a father, it's no doubt that Arthur and Samuel have artistic genes!

I can imagine most of the BRF get their creative genes, if we're going back, from Queen Victoria. It's well known that she was a keen painter and enjoyed sketching.
Prince Albert is one good example too.

The Royal Fly®️
Old 08-18-2019, 11:20 AM
Serene Highness

Arthur Chatto on the summit of Mt Pollux.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1TtJL3pzR3/

The Royal Fly®️
Old 08-18-2019, 04:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
Sam Chatto is inviting us all to drop by Hauser & Wirth Somerset gallery for their 'common ground' at Make exhibition which has been on the run since 8 Jun - 10 Aug 2019.
**https://www.instagram.com/p/B05m3PtB2S3/
Can't say that I am surprised by Sam Chatto's choice of profession. It’s difficult to earn a livelihood as an artist. Hopefully he will be as commercially successful as his uncle, The Earl of Snowdon.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Arthur Chatto, has announced he will be taking part in the GB Row Challenge 2020 as part of a 4 man team in aid of Just One Ocean. The GB Row Challenge is a non stop, unsupported ocean rowing race around the coast of Great Britain starting on 1st June 2020 from Tower Bridge. The crew will be rowing 2 hrs on 2 hrs off for 24 hours each day, for approximately 30 days.

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn.n...bd&oe=5E8EDA33
https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn.n...cc&oe=5E99AC51
https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn.n...cf&oe=5ED67330
Old 01-13-2020, 12:48 PM
Aristocracy

He has impressive muscles
Old 01-13-2020, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by leene View Post
He has impressive muscles
He makes those other guys look wimpy by comparison- though they’re certainly not!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-13-2020, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Very impressive indeed! Arthur seems to enjoy outdoor sports.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:39 PM
Courtier

What a wonderful adventure!
To see the coastline from every angle will be amazing.
Arthur will enjoy the team work and physical demands too.

Tags
arthur chatto, daniel chatto, lady sarah chatto, samuel chatto