Lady Gabriella and Thomas Kingston News 1: May 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Her name has already been updated to Lady Gabriella Kingston on the Wikipedia page on the line of succession to the British throne.

But there was no evidence posted on the Wikipedia page to support the change, so as O-H Anglophile pointed out, it means nothing more than that the individual who updated the page assumed her name had changed.

The assumption that she is using her husband's name is justified by British tradition and the George V proclamation, but it conflicts with the press release issued days after the wedding which styled her Lady Gabriella Windsor.

If Gabriella chooses to use her husband's surname she will be Lady Gabriella Kingston and should Lady Davina choose to revert back to her maiden name of Windsor, the name she was born with, there would be no problem with that either. I 'm surprised this is even a discussion.

She is in the same category as Lady Helen, Lady Davina (when she was still married) or Lady Rose, so there is no doubt in my mind that she should be referred to by her husband's last name.

I think it is arguable. Had Lady Gabriella and Lady Davina not been descendants of Queen Victoria, there is no doubt that they would be able to choose their own names, irrespective of the choices their cousins made. But one could argue the 1917 proclamation of King George V does not allow Lady Gabriella to use the name of Windsor as a married woman and does not allow Lady Davina to revert to her maiden name.

Now, therefore, We, out of Our Royal Will and Authority, do hereby declare and announce that as from the date of this Our Royal Proclamation Our House and Family shall be styled and known as the House and Family of Windsor, and that all the descendants in the male line of Our said Grandmother Queen Victoria who are subjects of these Realms, other than female descendants who may marry or may have married, shall bear the said Name of Windsor:​

If Lady Gabriella Kingston had a professional career in which she was known as Lady Gabriella Windsor, can she legally still use Windsor after her marriage to Thomas?

If Lady Gabriella Kingston had a professional career in which she was known as Lady Gabriella Windsor, can she legally still use Windsor after her marriage to Thomas?

My understanding is that the royal proclamations of 1917 and 1960 apply to legal use only. For example, under the proclamation of 1960 the legal name of Princess Beatrice of York is Mountbatten-Windsor, but she uses York for her professional career.

Despite what many think, the topic of this thread is the Current Events of Lady Gabriella and Thomas Kingston and NOT the Duchess of Sussex.

Therefore, off topic posts regarding Meghan being a trendsetter by giving a speech have been deleted and posts regarding the flower arrangements have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...d-thomas-kingston-may-18-2019-a-46411-10.html .

Let's stay on topic.

Last edited:
:previous: Lady Gabriella and Thomas look as happy in these pictures as they did on their royal wedding day. Marriage agrees with them.

Lady Gabriella is gorgeous as usual. I thought that the couple would fly to a warmer place on honeymoon.

:previous:
Perhaps they did, and are back. Or maybe they returned to Sark for their honeymoon?

Tom's parents have a vacation home there.

I think they went on honeymoon between the wedding and their attendance at Trooping the Colour. I thought Gabriella's face and hands looked quite tanned in the balcony pictures so I imagine they went somewhere exotic.

Lady Gabriella is gorgeous as usual. I thought that the couple would fly to a warmer place on honeymoon.

They have been married for a month now. They had several weeks between their wedding and Ascott. No reason to believe they didn't jet off some where then.

Not a fan of her ascot dress. Color reminds me if a cream sucks and looks like she shopped in the juvenile sundress department.

Surprisingly I like her hat.

Lady Gabriella attended the Missoma Summer Party at the Residence of the Embassy of Colombia in London on July 3:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
She looked stunning in Monaco, married life clearly agrees with her.

Last edited:
:previous: It is lovely that Lady Gabriella sang at her evening wedding reception. Another happy wedding event for the fondest of wedding memories.

They are on Spotify. Going to look them up.
Edit: can't find her or her songs yet. Perhaps later.

Last edited:
I never knew she had a good voice!
I'd really like to hear her.

Mega disappointing, when I saw this thread highlighted I thought I was going to see a pregnancy announcement. Oh well, good for her anyway.

Mega disappointing, when I saw this thread highlighted I thought I was going to see a pregnancy announcement. Oh well, good for her anyway.

I also thought it was a pregnancy announcement ;) Here's hoping that will also happen for her soon, if it is what she wants. We rarely see Lady Gabriella but I really like her :flowers: I'll definitely listen to her music as well, I'm excited to hear what it sounds like!

I thought it might be when I saw it this morning as well. However releasing an album for charity is very interesting. The media seems to say "out this week" so it might not be available today.

Back
Top Bottom