Lady Davina Lewis & Lady Rose Gilman and Families, News 1: September 2007 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pics 14.8.2009

Lady Rose Gilman and her husband George Gilman attending
the wedding of British aristocrat Captain Nicholas van Cutsem
to Alice Hadden-Paton, in London, UK, August 14, 2009.

What a beautiful couple :) They surely thought of their
own wedding one year ago..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

It is nice to see Lady Rose and her husband attending a high-soceity wedding. She looked nice. Is Captain Nicholas van Cutsem a member of the van Custem family?

:previous:
Yes, Captain Nicholas van Cutsem is from the van Cutsem family.
He is the third son of Hugh Bernard van Cutsem and Jonkyrouwe Emilie van Ufford. He has two older brothers - Edward (married to Lady Tamara Grosvenor) and Hugh (married to Rose Astor), and a younger brother - William Henry van Cutsem (unmarried). Incidentally, I think I've read somewhere that William Henry was named in honour of Princes William and Harry, although I'll need to check this.

It's really nice to see Lady Rose and George: both looked wonderful. :)

Last edited:
I think that's the same dress that Lady Rose wore to Trooping the Colour this year.

Marsel,
Thanks for information!:flowers: Well ... I was mistaken assuming that the van Custems had only two sons.

At the same time, it is always a pleasure to see Lady Rose and/or Lady Davina whom I view as an epitome of class.

:previous:
It's nice to see Rose and Gary out and about. Marsel I didn't realise William Henry Van cutsem was named after William and Harry. How wonderful. :flowers:

Al_bina said:
Marsel,
Thanks for information! Well ... I was mistaken assuming that the van Custems had only two sons.
At the same time, it is always a pleasure to see Lady Rose and/or Lady Davina whom I view as an epitome of class.

You are most welcome, Al_bina! :flowers:
I agree with your opinion about Lady Rose and Lady Davina: both are dignified woman, who truly deserve the style of a "Lady".

lumutqueen said:
It's nice to see Rose and Gary out and about. Marsel I didn't realise William Henry Van cutsem was named after William and Harry. How wonderful. :flowers:
I'm afraid I made a mistake in my post, lumytqueen: William Henry van Cutsem couldn’t have possibly been named after William and Harry because he is about a year older than William. I apologize for the mistake. :blush:
I have indeed read in an article that when Hugh and Emilie were naming their youngest son, they asked Prince Charles's opinion, who suggested William Henry as the name (William was the name of Hugh van Cutsem's great-grandfather and Henry was one of the names of Hugh’s father).

Van Cutsems are among Charles's oldest and most trusted friends, Prince Charles was the Godfather of their eldest son, Edward Bernard Charles van Cutsem (the names are reportedly honouring Hugh’s maternal grandfather – Captain Edward Compton, Hugh’s father – Bernard van Cutsem, and Prince Charles),

Incidentally, when Prince Charles suggested "Zara" as a name for Princess Anne's daughter, there was a van Cutsem connection as well: the second daughter of Geoffrey van Cutsem (Hugh's younger brother) and Sarah McCorquodale (not to be confused with Princess Diana's sister), born in 1978 or 1979, is Zara as well. While Charles isn’t as close to Geoffrey as to Hugh, they still were/are very good friends.

Last edited:
I always think that Lady Rose and her sister look a bit thrown together clothes-wise. Their clothes and accessories rarely match and the clothes themselves often look very old-fashioned. I think her dress here is a bit frumpy and with regards to her hair it looks like she just got out of bed and shoved a clasp in without even brushing it.

http://i27.tinypic.com/j9616t.jpg

I think that's the same dress that Lady Rose wore to Trooping the Colour this year.
I'm so glad someone else noticed too. The addition of a hat for the wedding would have been nice

Thanks for the gallery Dierna Isn't Captain Nicholas handsome!! And those little page boys in their uniforms, how cute.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome, ada! :flowers: And yes, he's really handsome. In the end I found yesterday this pic of the Gilman-couple, also from the Van Cutsem-wedding, talking to Kate Middleton:

http://i26.tinypic.com/ejc3lt.jpg

Thank you for that pic. Dierna23. Kate appears to be fitting into the family circle

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to Lady Davina and Lady Rose!:flowers:
Duke and Duchess of Gloucester must be looking forward to being grandparents.

How wonderful, another grand-daughter for the Duke and Duchess.
That's wonderful.

Congratulations to Lady Davina and Gary Lewis! :flowers:

Congratulations to the couple and their families!:flowers:

There must be some excitement in the Gloucester apartment these days: two grandchildren arriving in a matter of weeks!:flowers:

Lady Rose Gilman has had a daughter named Lyla.

Lady Davina's daughter is called Senna.

Succession

Three grand-daughters for the Gloucesters in the speace of a month - congratulations

Think the names of Cosima, Senna dn Lyla are really lovely

Gloucester Granddaughters

Lyla Gilman
Senna Lewis
Cosmia Windsor
All from the Peerage news group

I have determined after looking at all the websites I can find that I'm thinking Lyla Gilman must have been born on July 1, and they're just not saying she was. Since July 1 is Diana, Princess Of Wales' birthday, I'm sure the Gilmans and the Gloucesters preferred that the birth not be announced in the papers as Lyla Gilman, the daughter of Lady Rose Gilman was born today July 1, 2010 on the 49th birthday of Princess Diana.

Senna Lewis Born: 30 June 2010
Lyla Gilman Born: 1 July 2010

It will be great if Davina gives birth to more children,she and her husband is such a beautiful couple!

The Gloucester Granddaughters

Hello, I'm a new member, and I've joined because I thought you'd like to know details of the Gloucester baby granddaughters. All the following comes from "Who's Who 2011" which has just been published in UK.

Lady Cosima Rose Alexandra Windsor, born on 20 May 2010 to the Countess of Ulster

Miss Lyla Beatrix Christabel Gilman, born on 30 May 2010 to Lady Rose Gilman

Miss Senna Kowhai Lewis, born on 22 June 2010 to Lady Davina Windsor.

In case anyone's wondering, "Kowhai" is a New Zealand plant.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom