Help needed: Queen Elizabeth II's Golden and Diamond Jubilee

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonCake

City
Frankfurt
Country
Germany
Dear all,

I am writing my PhD thesis on Queen Elizabeth II’s Golden and Diamond Jubilee and am therefore in need of your help. My thesis looks into the broadcasts of the Jubilee 2002 and the Jubilee 2012 on BBC and ITV. I am interested in the question of how the British Royal Family is represented in these TV broadcasts as I am trying to find out how people are supposed to remember these decisive moments in the British Royal Family’s history. I’ve already done some research in archives, but not all of the videos that I need for my thesis is available there. I am quite desperate since I cannot properly conduct my research if I can’t access more videos of these events. :ermm: Therefore I am asking for your help: Does anyone of you own (private) TV recordings of the BBC and ITV broadcasts of these events and would be able to provide them? Of course I would be more than happy to make up for any costs that you would have. Or does anyone have an idea, where I might try to find recordings? Your help would be a precious contribution to the completion of my thesis and I am extremely thankful for any advice, ideas or suggestios.

Thanks in advance and best regards from Germany
Christina :flowers::corgi:

If I were you though, I'd be inclined to contact the BBC and ITV direct, explain your circumstances and see if they can do something for you.

Thanks a lot Curryong! I take a look at those Youtube clips once in a while - however I did not expect recent uploads of 2002 clips and thus was actually not aware of the one you sent me :)

Unfortunately both BBC and ITV usually do not open their own television archives for researchers. Some of the recordings - but not all - are available at the British Film Institute National Archive. However, I am not allowed to take copies home or take photographs of important scenes so that I could look at them again later. This is another major reason why it would be great to compile as many recordings as possible in my own archive.

May I ask what the topic of your thesis is? Sounds interesting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom