General Questions & Random Facts about the British Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does this not also simply depend on how known and or popular the person is deemed by the media?
My guess is that if H&M were to die today, in an airplanecrash for example, they certainly would make the headlines. No matter the deminished they now have in the RF.

I would also think it would depend to on the manner of death. For example, its been known for months and months that The Duchess of Kent is terminally ill, it may not be breaking news interrupting programming but on the other hand, if the Duke of Kent dies suddenly in a plane crash, I think that would warrant breaking news.

Just thoughts.

Yes, here's a very low-quality video of the initial BBC announcement, including the tail end of the show that was interrupted:

Ah, thanks for finding that! I must have found the report that was done after this.

I would also think it would depend to on the manner of death. For example, its been known for months and months that The Duchess of Kent is terminally ill, it may not be breaking news interrupting programming but on the other hand, if the Duke of Kent dies suddenly in a plane crash, I think that would warrant breaking news.

Just thoughts.
The duchess is ill??? I have missed that one. How sad.
Yes, the manner would make a lot of difference. And with the younger Royals it would very likely be something more dramatic than for the older ones.

The duchess is ill??? I have missed that one. How sad.
Yes, the manner would make a lot of difference. And with the younger Royals it would very likely be something more dramatic than for the older ones.

She’s not ill, Osipi was using it as an example.

Yeps. It was an example. I tried to use somewhat lesser royals rather that the wider known and popular ones. ?

Yes - The document was the BBC . Other news channels will do differently.

yes the popularity and the manner of death will be the draw factor as well. Sex and sensation sell.

I do believe though, when the time does come many, many moons from now, when the Queen leaves this world, it will impact the globe. 24/7 news coverage and I do believe the world will stop and stand still as we saw with JFK but with the Queen, more on a global scale. That's how beloved and iconic HM, The Queen is.

I also predict our moderators will go bonkers as more and more people discover this forum for information and decide to hang around for a while and really learn something. Should we start a wig fund for them in case they end up pulling all their hair out trying to keep us all in line?

I don't want to be in :hotwater: so I think I'll go :hiding: in my corner. :D

Yes - The document was the BBC . Other news channels will do differently.

Do you happen to have more information on the document as some heavy google searching has brought up no such document for me?

Do you happen to have more information on the document as some heavy google searching has brought up no such document for me?

I have looked myself - but the side that had it appears to have removed it. Will continue - found London Bridge, but there was a specific policy from the BBC coverage of royal deaths, down to tie usage. Will continue looking.

Yeps. It was an example. I tried to use somewhat lesser royals rather that the wider known and popular ones. [emoji2]
Oh, that is good to hear. :D

Will Lady Louise Windsor take on royal duties after university?

To mark the 85th Birthday of the Beano the comic magazine featured the King,Queen and Prince & Princess of Wales!

Pretty sure most of these are wrong, just rumours (or extremely obvious). But things like "midwives are always present" is standard for hospital and some home births in the UK, even if it isn't elsewhere. Same for paternity leave these days.

Stuff like "every royal family must adhere to the strict two child policy" is just stupid.

Further military appointments for members of the royal family have been announced.

https://www.royal.uk/news-and-activ...-appointments-for-members-of-the-royal-family

Interesting that the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra are the only two working royals not to receive military appointments.

The Telegraph's analysis of the reasons (or lack thereof) behind the assignment of certain appointments to certain royals: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...ices-royal-family-honorary-appointments-king/

It notes that many of the appointments are reassignments of the Duke of York's former honorary military positions.

Most of them were roles formerly held by the late Queen.

This one is rather disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom