Windsor Family Resemblances 1, Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana's father went bald. Male pattern baldness is inherited from the mother so there is a good chance that William inherited the late Earl Spencer's genes.

Now if Peter Philips goes bald early that will go straight back to Prince Philip.

I don't know if it has been said before (if so, apologies for the repetition,) but I do think Lady Gabriella Windsor, Princess Michael's daughter, looks a lot like her Aunt Princess Alexandra.

Lady Bluffton said:
A Hanoverian trait? I have read somewhere (maybe a 1940s Life magazine) that Eliz II had "Hanoverian blue eyes"? Has anyone seen an article with that phrase?

About George III:

He was not good looking, having a large nose, very full lips, the bulbous Hanoverian blue eyes and florid complexion and inclined, even in youth, to plumpness. He was observed to possess an exacting sense of duty.

Having recently buying a few old books on the monarchy in a jumble sale I have come to the conclusion that Charles and Anne are defintely Mountbatten,(Charles has a touch of the Queen on him)
Andrew and Edward are dominantly Windsor, if you look at pictures of Andrew in his early Twenties, you will find that he looks very much like the Queen, I was surprised to notice it, even his Canines are slightly crooked as the Queens is. (Although he had braces)

In the May 1st edition of Hello there is a photograph of Lady Louise Wessex looking, as the magazine notes, a lot like her paternal grandmother at a similar age. Perhaps someone a little more tech savvy could scan and post an image!

The ressemblance between Prince Michael of Kent and George V is AMAZING
There is one picture of Prince Charles with a moustache, and I can assure you that the ressemblance with George V and Prince Michael of Kent (and Nicholas II as well) is all the more amazing.
If I remember it well, it is a black and white photograph of Prince Charles during a trip in the 1970's, in uniform or in colonial outfit, I don't remember. And of course, I can't find it right now. :bang:

Kelly said:
I think Queen Victoria passsed some strong genes. All her sons looked alike. King George V with Czar Nicholas II looked very similiar. The British royal family is not great looking I think. Except Diana's sons.

I agree. Many of the British royals aren't ugly, but they are not nearly as handsome as William and Harry. Like Charles isn't particularly dashing, or Andrew or Edward.

Nicholas II and George V looked so similar because their mothers were sisters who looked almost exactly alike.

KelliB said:
In the May 1st edition of Hello there is a photograph of Lady Louise Wessex looking, as the magazine notes, a lot like her paternal grandmother at a similar age. Perhaps someone a little more tech savvy could scan and post an image!

I'm sorry to say that I can't scan a picture:sad: (not that tech savvy!) but I have seen pictures and the two look extremely similar.

Prince William resemblance

Looking at the trooping pictures. I think Prince William is starting to look more Windsor everytime I see him. I think he is starting to look like his Great-Uncle Prince George, Duke of Kent

Thats quite an interesting thing! I also thought his eyes especially get more and more like those "denmark-eyes" (Queen Alexandra, George V., Duke of Kent). But in this way, Lord Frederick Windsors eyes reminds me most on them (he looks SO much like his grandfather) :rolleyes:

Prince William resemblance

I've just looked at the Ppe and belga pictures an it's remarkable how much William looks like his dad. They all looked terrible happy today :)

I've just looked at the Ppe and belga pictures an it's remarkable how much William looks like his dad.

Do you really think so? It seems I'm seeing Diana when I look at him!!

Thats quite an interesting thing! I also thought his eyes especially get more and more like those "denmark-eyes" (Queen Alexandra, George V., Duke of Kent). But in this way, Lord Frederick Windsors eyes reminds me most on them (he looks SO much like his grandfather) :rolleyes:

As the Kent line is also descended through the Danes, as is Prince Philip, I have always seen a stronger Greeko/Danish line in William than anything else. I have rarely seen anything Windsorish (Queen Victoria, Edward VII etc or Spencer in William). To me he has always looked similar to Philip and the Danish/Greek side of his ancestry. I also see the same with Harry - more like Philip's ancestry than anyone else.

Yeah I know! Prince William is just looking Scandanavian. But I think he also has some Windsorish features, Like I said he looks like Prince George, but he also looks like King George VI. Lord Freddie does look like his grandfather a lot. Lord Freddie I think also looks a lot like King George V. Especially in the eyes. If Lord Freddie grew a beard it would be like King George V all over again.

Last edited:

I have never seen Diana in either of her sons actually. To me they are clearly the descendents of Philip. A lot of people here don't remember just how 'drop dead' gorgeous Philip was in his youth - far better looking actually than any of his descendents, in my opinion but William and Harry certainly look like Philip to me.

Looking at the trooping pictures. I think Prince William is starting to look more Windsor everytime I see him. I think he is starting to look like his Great-Uncle Prince George, Duke of Kent
I think William is resembling his father more and more, not so much in features (besides premature balding) rather in mannerisms and body language. As much as I like him, he is getting more and more weedy looking, yes, I agree with the member who said that Harry is the best looking Windsor, I think b/c he has retained his spunk.

The Duchess looked lovely and nice to again see the Philip Treacy hat worn on her wedding day. One of her better hats, imo.

I have never seen Diana in either of her sons actually

William certainly resembles his mother at times...unmistakably so. In saying that, his very much a mix of both his mother and father.

Harry, however, is of more of a likeness to his grandfather than that of William. Temperament wise too, I'd endeavour to suggest.

Has Zara Phillips received the Order of the Garter?

She hasn't and I doubt she ever shall.

As the Kent line is also descended through the Danes, as is Prince Philip, I have always seen a stronger Greeko/Danish line in William than anything else. I have rarely seen anything Windsorish (Queen Victoria, Edward VII etc or Spencer in William). To me he has always looked similar to Philip and the Danish/Greek side of his ancestry. I also see the same with Harry - more like Philip's ancestry than anyone else.

Thats also very interesting, but in William I can't see anything from the Greeks. But in Harry a lot! His eyes and nose is much like Prince Philips... A bit Mountbatten like Prince Charles too...

Today I saw pics from the garter day and William in a few shots resembled much his uncle Prince Edward... Hope, he won't loose his hair THAT much :whistling:

I don't see Diana in either of the princes so please don't tell me that William certainly resembles his mother at times as if it is a fact. I don't see it and have never done so. I will stand by that. That you see something of his mother in him is fine but it doesn't make it a fact. It is an opinion and I would appreciate it if you didn't try to imply that I am wrong in stating that I don't see any resemblance to his mother in him. I am saying what I see, which is obviously an opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see Diana in either of the princes so please don't tell me that William certainly resembles his mother at times as if it is a fact. I don't see it and have never done so. I will stand by that. That you see something of his mother in him is fine but it doesn't make it a fact. It is an opinion and I would appreciate it if you didn't try to imply that I am wrong in stating that I don't see any resemblance to his mother in him. I am saying what I see, which is obviously an opinion.

I stand by my comment...:)

Certainly, if you see no resemblance then that's your prerogative. Of course my post was an expression of my opinion though the tirade of a reply I read before me on the basis that I failed to add 'I think' to my post (which is quite rare), is really quite excessive, imo.

If you are ever unsure with the contents of a post I make, then perhaps ask first if the intention of the post was to suggest fact, rather than opinion before taking offence..:)..Insisting I've gone out of my way to refute anothers opinion for no real reason is an inadequate judgement and could have been just as easily rectified without the need of a defensive.

The lecture below (*12); that although good of you to devise, is of no consequence to me and the preceding paragraphs explain why.

In my opinion, he resembles his mother. In your's, he does not. Resolved.

I stand by my comment...:)

I have no objection with you claiming that you can see Diana in William.

My objection is that you are suggesting with the comment William certainly resembles his mother at times that I am wrong in not seeing it.

You see that phrase is a definite statement whereas I claim that it is your opinion. I have no problem with that being your opinion. What I object to is you stating your opinion as fact and therefore saying that I am wrong in not seeing it.

I see absolutely nothing of Diana in William or Harry. They have always looked like their father's side of the family to me. Now that is not stated as a fact because I have used the words 'I see' at the beginning making it perfectly clear that it is my opinion.

Your comment, using a direct quote from my post, is a direct accusation, to me, that I am wrong rather than a clear statement of your opinion, which you have every right to hold.

You do NOT have the right to tell me, or anyone else that my/our opinion is wrong just because you see things differently. That is the difference between my comments and yours - I clearly acknowledge that people can see Diana in William and/or Harry but that I can't and have never done so. You say that William certainly resembles his mother at times which says that anyone who doesn't see William resembling his mother at times is wrong.

It is not your opinion I object to but you way of saying it that tells anyone who disagrees that they are wrong.

I hope you see my point as I do respect you and your many posts but I do think you need to be more careful with the wording so as not to claim an opinion as a fact and also not to accuse someone, even by implication, of being wrong because their opinion disagrees with yours.

Thats also very interesting, but in William I can't see anything from the Greeks. But in Harry a lot! His eyes and nose is much like Prince Philips... A bit Mountbatten like Prince Charles too...

Today I saw pics from the garter day and William in a few shots resembled much his uncle Prince Edward... Hope, he won't loose his hair THAT much :whistling:
I think many of us are concerned with his hair loss. Let's hope Kate won't be put off if he waits too long...

I'm sorry, I also see Diana, every time I see William. For me he is the spitting image of his mother (luckily !!):flowers:

And sometimes I see Diana in Harry also.

Happy think! No one of two looks to Prince Charles:ROFLMAO:

Noone reminds Prince Philip who was and still is an extremely handsome man. Noone of his children took his beauty, except Prince Charles who took his body shape, thin and stylish.

I think William looked very much like Diana, at the time of her death, and many people and the media commented on that. Over the past few years I think he has become more and more like a Windsor, esp. due to the fact that his hair is thinning out. Both Philip and HM Elizabeth were good looking as youngsters, yet none of their children are exceedingly attractive, the gene pool works in funny ways:ermm:

I think William has a fairly even combination of facial features from both the Windsors/Mountbattens and the Spencers. He has his mother's eyes.

Harry, on the other hand, is all Charles/Philip facially, with the Spencer red hair to top it all off. :)

I think William looks like both parents and shows actions of both parents. I can also see (and i don't know how to word this) his great grandfathers side. they all tend to look so much alike George IV and V and Duke of Windsor all the male side even the Russian Zar (if that was his tilte?) sorry i don't recall his name. they all so striking and handsome IMO....I think William has his mothers nose and eyes. Harry I think is a Spencer all the way never noticed any Windsor in him but that is my opinion...

I think William has Diana's blond hair and blue eyes, and has her smile, but facially takes after the Windsors. He looks a lot like Prince Edward.

Harry I think is a Spencer all the way never noticed any Windsor in him but that is my opinion...

I think it's Mountbatten more than Windsor, to be honest. His eyes and nose look very much like his father's and grandfather Philip's.

I certainly agree with you. I've been watching videos on YouTube of Philip as a young man, and Lord Mountbatten shows up now and then. As much as William resembles the Spencers in facial expressions, his shape is very much Mountbatten.:flowers:

I can well imagine William as the fourth man in this line-up:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/The-Mountbattens...s?hash=item413d239f16&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I think it's Mountbatten more than Windsor, to be honest. His eyes and nose look very much like his father's and grandfather Philip's.

Last edited:
William looked a lot like Edward in the Trooping the Colour shots. I think Edward's son, James, [in the recent pictures at the Windsor Horse show and at his Christening] looks remarkably like Prince Charles as a child. I think Harry favors Charles--in Uniform & hat they really show a resemblance. I think it's sad the William is losing his hair--maybe he'll get some hair implants?!! As to an earlier discussion--I think Freddie Windsor most favors Prince Albert Victor, the Duke of Clarence and Avondale.

I see some Mountbatten but there faces are longer harry has a more round face. maybe it is the read hair that makes me think Spencer did you ever see Diana's sisters ( i can't recall which sister) son they are like twins ...and Earl Spencer's son also bears a strong look of Harry.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom