Windsor Family Resemblances 1, Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Family Resemblances

I've often thought Queen Mary passed on some rather strong genes to her children and grandchildren, and that Peter Phillips and Prince William look very much alike (especially in the mouth and the way they carry themselves). Sometimes it's hard to forget in all of our scrutiny of the royal that they are after all a large extended family and we get to watch the way they grow, change, and age.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Queen Victoria passsed some strong genes. All her sons looked alike. King George V with Czar Nicholas II looked very similiar. The British royal family is not great looking I think. Except Diana's sons.

i agree with you. :D

Kelly said:
I think Queen Victoria passsed some strong genes. All her sons looked alike. King George V with Czar Nicholas II looked very similiar. The British royal family is not great looking I think. Except Diana's sons.

How about, Zara?, Ella?, Queen Elizabeth as a young lady?
Edward young...
Anne young...

elizabeth when was young was a very beautiful lady. andrew, for me, is a really very beautiful man.

Resemblences

I think almost all of the Queen's children bear a VERY strong resemblence to their father, with the exception of Andrew, he looks more like his mother than the other three, although a few times I have seen pictures of Anne where she looks a lot like her mother.

Its kinda cool.

~QueenMaharet

Queen Elizabeth bears some resemblence to the late Queen Mary. They have the same facial features wouldn't you say?

The resemblance between Nicholas II and George V was uncanny.

Not a total surprise considering that they were first cousins, through their mothers being sisters.

Personally I have always thought that William and Peter Philips have a lot of a young Prince Philip about them.

When I was in London in 2002 there was an exhibition of paintings and photos of the Queen's official visits to the City of London during her reign and one of the paintings that I enjoyed seeing was the painting of her return in 1977 from the Commonwealth Jubilee Tour. As I identified the various figures I was surprised to see Prince Harry in the painting - I went back and checked - it was in fact a 13 year old Prince Edward!!!

Queen Elizabeth bears some resemblence to the late Queen Mary. They have the same facial features wouldn't you say?

They do!
I've often thought that Elizabeth learned many mannarisms from her grandmother, facial expressions included.

~QueenMaharet

I think a lot of close resemblances in the royal family have to do with recessive genes, just like in the Hapsburgs. The blue-eyed blonde, recessive chin, large ears, and pale-skinned look seem to be typical of inbreeding among a small gene pool where the recessive genes are expressed more often because they're reinforced by the many years when relatives married and produced children.

I've seen these uncannily close resemblances among cousins and second cousins before, and it always seems to be pale blue-eyed blondes from families which come from small towns and so probably also were breeding from a small gene pool for many years up until the not too distant past.

George V and Prince Michael of Kent

chrissy57 said:
The resemblance between Nicholas II and George V was uncanny.

Not a total surprise considering that they were first cousins, through their mothers being sisters.

I think the resemblance between Prince Michael of Kent and George V is AMAZING. I've noticed that many families show resemblances between grandparents and grandchildren or nieces/nephews to aunts and uncles more commonly than to parents.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you about about Prince Michael he does resemble his grandfather quite a bit. And to me his son Freddie looks exaclty like his grandfather the Duke of Kent. It's like looking in a mirror. You can really see the family resemblences with the british royals. Zara Phillips looks just like her mother Princess Anne when she was young they could have been sisters. Prince William and Peter Phillips looking alike I will agree with too. To me the also look like their uncle Prince Edward when he was little especially Peter. But of course William and Peter were blessed with hair. lol.

Prince William looks a lot like Diana's mother, Frances, in his facial features. William's hair is thinning almost as quickly as Edward's did. Harry is said by some to resemble Philip, but I don't see it.

The person that Harry, as a little boy, resembled most to me was Prince Philip's father, Prince Andrew of Greece.

I have a photo somewhere of Prince Andrew of Greece aged about 6 or 7 and at a glance he looks very much like Harry at the same age.

See the this link.

http://www.glintofgold.org/romanovs/photos/littleandrew.jpg

You can also see clearly where Charles gets his ears from!!!

This link is to one of Harry.

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.debretts.co.uk/images/royal_connections/prince_harry_s.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.debretts.co.uk/royal_connections/royal_family.html&h=133&w=100&sz=4&tbnid=NfCDeFt0B1nppM:&tbnh=86&tbnw=64&hl=en&start=95&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dprince%2Bharry%2Bof%2Bwales%26start%3D80%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Last edited:
william look a lot like the earl charles spencer. when the earl was in spain this year all the poeple said this and he said ''thank you'' for that.

Paula** said:
How about, Zara?, Ella?, Queen Elizabeth as a young lady?
Edward young...
Anne young...

Zara is not bad looking, but I don't think Queen Elizabeth was that pretty when young. Her sister Margaret was a little though.

chrissy57 said:
The person that Harry, as a little boy, resembled most to me was Prince Philip's father, Prince Andrew of Greece.

I have a photo somewhere of Prince Andrew of Greece aged about 6 or 7 and at a glance he looks very much like Harry at the same age.

See the this link.

http://www.glintofgold.org/romanovs/photos/littleandrew.jpg

You can also see clearly where Charles gets his ears from!!!

This one, too, Chrissy, has always reminded me of Harry. His great-grandfather Prince Andrew is the child at the lower right in the photo.
(from http://royalhouseofgreece.tripod.com/id3.html )

c75ca297.jpg

HRHAmy said:
William and Peter resemble each other quite a bit, in their face and facial expressions. Even the hair when Peter's was a little longer.

A pic of them both at their respective graduations.

Peter
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7807&d=1054738604

William
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=162686&d=1119545860

Thanks for the photos... these two really do illustrate the marked resemblance between William and Peter!

selrahc4

Thanks for that.

That's the picture I have in my book but I couldn't find it.

I can certainly see the resemblance.

It is one of the reasons why I don't give any credence to the Hewitt rumours - Harry just looks too much like Philip's father at that age.

How about Lady Gabriela Windsor and Queen Mary?

i am looking the photos in the sun, mmmmmmm william look like andrew!

I don't have a scanner but a picture of Prince Phillip in a book I just read "Lilibet" looked amazingly like Prince William. Except for the nose-Phillip's was a bit thinner.

I think Princess Eugenie looks alot like the late HM Queen Elizabeth- The Queen Mother, when she was younger.

I think the most beautiful members of the British royal family is the Prince Micheal of Kent's family. If William and Harry were regular guys many people would not see them as attractive as they seem due to being royal. Zara Phillip who is pretty, is average looking. Diana and a young Princess Margaret were attractive. But the Kents overall are the most attractive of the family.

dakodas said:
I don't have a scanner but a picture of Prince Phillip in a book I just read "Lilibet" looked amazingly like Prince William. Except for the nose-Phillip's was a bit thinner.

I have seen a few photos of Philip that remind me of William and vice versa. I thought that I was the only one to see any resemblance between William and his father's side of the family.

ive always Thought that William and Harry bare a strong resemblence to their fathers family :)

chrissy57 said:
I have seen a few photos of Philip that remind me of William and vice versa. I thought that I was the only one to see any resemblance between William and his father's side of the family.

I also see the resemblance, especially in pictures of young Philip.

me to one or to pics in particular in the book "Philip and Elizabeth" by Gyles Brandrath

the older William and Harry get the more I think they resemble their fathers family, especially Harry. With the execption of the Spencer red in his hair. I used to think that William favoured more of his mother, but that is changing as he gets older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom