Windsor Family Resemblances 1, Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
auntie said:
One charactaristic which has definitly gone down many generations is Queen Alex's "boggly" eyes, (no offence) down to King George V and to George VI and the Kents,esp. Prince Michael and Freddy! Princess Margaret, and to Viscount Linley, and Prince Andrew receiving it and passing it onto his oldest daughter! Not counting other recepients of this facial feature

I thought those "bubble" eyes came from Queen Victoria. And even farther back, King George III.

Yes, Bella, the protuberant eyes do indeed come from Queen Victoria's Hanoverian line.

Again, I ask those posters who claim Alexandra had "boggly/bug/googly" eyes to please a photo of her where this is obvious. I must admit this is becoming slightly irritating to me because it keeps being brought up, but no one is showing any evidence of it! :wacko:

Avareenah said:
Yes, Bella, the protuberant eyes do indeed come from Queen Victoria's Hanoverian line.

Again, I ask those posters who claim Alexandra had "boggly/bug/googly" eyes to please a photo of her where this is obvious. I must admit this is becoming slightly irritating to me because it keeps being brought up, but no one is showing any evidence of it! :wacko:

Look at a picture of Princess Maud (first queen of Norway) and you can see those scary eyes.

Lady Marmalade said:
Look at a picture of Princess Maud (first queen of Norway) and you can see those scary eyes.

Erm no offence but just to tell there are two sides you can inherit your personal features. I think that Maud got her eyes from Edward 7. who I think have those scary eyes as you call them :ROFLMAO:
And furthermore Maud is not the first queen of Norway eventhough I think I know what you mean.
Try look at this picture i have from the thread about King Edward and queen Alexandra

attachment.php

Last edited:
betina said:
Erm no offence but just to tell there are two sides you can inherit your personal features. I think that Maud got her eyes from Edward 7. who I think have those scary eyes as you call them :ROFLMAO:
And furthermore Maud is not the first queen of Norway eventhough I think I know what you mean.
Try look at this picture i have from the thread about King Edward and queen Alexandra

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32097&d=1072030250

Thank you, Betina. A beautiful photograph of Alexandra, in my opinion. However, I see no evidence of unusual eyes at all, do you?

I do agree though that the children of Alexandra and Edward - Albert Victor, George, Louise and Victoria - though I am not convinced about Maud - all had large eyes - inherited through their father, Edward VII, he in turn inheriting them through his mother, Queen Victoria. :)

Avareenah said:

There is a website with pictures of Queen Mary's and George V'th wedding with a picture of Queen Alexandra, her mother Queen Louise of Denmark and the Duchess of Fife there you see the boggly eyes!

auntie said:
There is a website with pictures of Queen Mary's and George V'th wedding with a picture of Queen Alexandra, her mother Queen Louise of Denmark and the Duchess of Fife there you see the boggly eyes!

mmm here is a close up photo of Princess Loüise of Britain http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs8/louisebritain1867-7.jpgand I still dont see those eyes. Althoug I can agree that her sister Victoria has those eyes http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs6/victoriabritain1868-3.jpg and i dont think prinsecc Maude have the eyes either

betina said:
mmm here is a close up photo of Princess Loüise of Britain http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs8/louisebritain1867-7.jpgand I still dont see those eyes. Althoug I can agree that her sister Victoria has those eyes http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs6/victoriabritain1868-3.jpg and i dont think prinsecc Maude have the eyes either

The woman on the left in the 2nd picture def has the bubble eyes. Frankly, I love huge eyes. I have bubble eyes too so I guess I'm biased. After childhood teasing, it's nice to see myself (and bubble eyes) in good royal company.

Queen Alexandra and the Duchess of Fife (bottom photo) def. have large eyes but I don't know if they're "bubbly" like Queen Victoria's were or her grandson (Alexandra's eldest son). There's a difference between big eyes and bubble eyes. But aren't they all related anyway, so they all could have this trait and pass it on to their children/grandchildren and beyond. But thanks for the link, that first picture of Queen Alexandra is really nice. I think she is by far the most beautiful woman to have graced the BRF in a very long time, whether by birth or by marriage. I can't think of anyone since her who has been quite so striking.

Yes. I can see what you mean. Not Margaret in her young film star phase (when I think she looked like Elizabeth Taylor!), but in her maturer years. Odd how resemblances resurface down the generations.

cath said:
Yes. I can see what you mean. Not Margaret in her young film star phase (when I think she looked like Elizabeth Taylor!), but in her maturer years. Odd how resemblances resurface down the generations.

I think Pss Margaret was attractive in her own way but she was no Elizabeth Taylor.

I think William is a LOT like Diana.

Judy_PD said:
I think William is a LOT like Diana.
yes, I agree with you, I see in him a lot of diana and a lot of the eral spencer too:)

Oh yes, I think William is looking more and more like Earl Spencer the older he gets.

Anyone else think that Harry resembles Prince Phillip?

RachelD said:
Anyone else think that Harry resembles Prince Phillip?

I do, and I've read others' comments with the same opinion over the years.

angela said:
Oh yes, I think William is looking more and more like Earl Spencer the older he gets.

I think that the older he gets, William is looking less like a Spencer and more like Lord Mountbatten.

The only thing Prince William has in looks, that are smilar to Earl spencer is hair colour and height. Put it this way Prince William is hansome, the earl creeps me out.

I don't think William looks like the Earl Spencer at all. :ohmy:
I think Harry is the spitting image of Diana's sister Sarah (even the same red hair).

I don't think William is as handsome as he used to be. He has developed that long wide face that his uncle has.

Spencer/fermoy

PRINCESS DIANAs mom, the late FRANCES SHAND KYDD, has always pointed out that WILLIAM is the image of her father EDMUND BURKE ROCHE, 4TH BARON FERMOY. has anyone seen a picture of him==there is a very good similarity. imo WILLIAM has the image of a SPENCER/FERMOY side :)

Last edited:
angela said:

If you mean the deceased Earl Spencer (Diana's father), then yes...especially the early balding. I cannot believe how little hair Wills has these days. And he's barely 25!!!!

angela said:
I don't think William is as handsome as he used to be. He has developed that long wide face that his uncle has.

Oh, I have to disagree. I think William's looks have only improved with age. I think he's near to perfect in appearance, like a Greek sculpture or something. Very handsome young man.

Lady Bluffton said:
If you mean the deceased Earl Spencer (Diana's father), then yes...especially the early balding. I cannot believe how little hair Wills has these days. And he's barely 25!!!!

When William was a toddler, his resemblance to Diana's father was astounding. And I have always thought Harry looked like his aunt, Lady Sarah.

And as for hair loss, that has to be a gift from Prince Philip! The Earl of Wessex began his hair loss at a young age, too. The Spencers don't seem to share the affliction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom