Windsor Family Resemblances 1, Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady Louise looks more like The Queen and Princess Anne.
Especially when HM was a child.

the older William and Harry get the more I think they resemble their fathers family, especially Harry. With the execption of the Spencer red in his hair. I used to think that William favoured more of his mother, but that is changing as he gets older.

William will always have a resemblance to his mother, unless he has a nose job. He inherited her great honker. I think he may need some opthalmic correction too as, like his father, he squints most of the time. Don't get me wrong, he's a cutie.

About their resemblence, come on, they are all related by blood to themselves much closer than we, common people, are to our cousins. It is the heritage of ages of inbreeding. Look at their ancestry.

Please, submit some photos of Edward VIII, before his accession, during his reign or after his abdication! The most interesting photos I think could be of him as the King and King-Emperor and as the partying Prince of Wales ;-). If the photos were posted earlier, please forgive me and link them here, please.

Please, submit some photos of Edward VIII, before his accession, during his reign or after his abdication! The most interesting photos I think could be of him as the King and King-Emperor and as the partying Prince of Wales ;-). If the photos were posted earlier, please forgive me and link them here, please.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-windsor-1894-1972-and-1895-1986-a-10245.html

This thread has photos of Edward VIII, the Family Resemblances thread won't neccessarily have the pictures you wish.

A Hanoverian trait? I have read somewhere (maybe a 1940s Life magazine) that Eliz II had "Hanoverian blue eyes"? Has anyone seen an article with that phrase?

Out of curiosity I went looking. this is what I found.

George III.

I think William is a LOT like Diana.

The way they both use/used their eyes is/was uncanny. Diana's eyes were perhaps one of her best features and were quite remarkable. Reading over this thread years and years later after anyone has posted 'cept me its amazing to me that possibly Diana's DNA could possibly come on down her royal blood line with the eyes thing.

In a previous post, when I needed to know and quick, I googled (pun intended) hanovian blue eyes and I hope you all read the link. :)

I have never seen Diana in either of her sons actually. To me they are clearly the descendents of Philip. A lot of people here don't remember just how 'drop dead' gorgeous Philip was in his youth - far better looking actually than any of his descendents, in my opinion but William and Harry certainly look like Philip to me.

Sometimes I do see Diana in Wills but have yet to see it really yet in Harry. with Wills its more how he uses his eyes and facial expressions.

Talking about "eye candy".. that was definitely Philip from his photos as a young lad, through his adulthood and even now as a elderly man. Another man that I think ranked right up there and very very good looking was Andrew Parker-Bowles back then.

The man on the left--the Crown Prince?--definitely looks like Edward VIII. Something about the eyes and the expression.

'

I definitely see the similarities to the PoW but when I first glanced at this photo, I was thinking Edward VIII was in the pic.

I find it's the same with Harry. Sometimes he'll say something and the expression will be so much like Diana's.:)

Sometimes I do see Diana in Wills but have yet to see it really yet in Harry. with Wills its more how he uses his eyes and facial expressions.

:flowers:

This is interesting topic.. you can trace facial shapes back to Victoria & Albert, and that is the point when things get a bit confusing 'cause we dont have much of early Alberts pictures.
It looks like there was three distinct types of bone structures in the family.
First belongs to queen Victoria. Sharply defined, streight lines on oval to round fale.
queen_victoria_-golden_jubilee_-3a_cropped.jpg

Second belongs to queen Alexanra, and its lines are softer shaped, rounder eyes with much longer face..and different jaw line.

QueenAlexandraRundellTiara.jpg

Third belongs to queen Mary, it is also long type of face.. only different from that of Alexandra, her brow line is clear, sharper defind.
maryofteck4.jpg

in the next few posts I'll try to just ilustrate this bone structure travel trough time and family..up to point where Elzabeth Bowes-Lyon comes in to play.

article-0-016C16CD00000578-882_233x337.jpg
edwardvii.jpg
edward7l.jpg
Young Edvard VII
king_edward_VIII.jpg
Edvard VIII
maryprincessroyalandcou.jpg
His sister Countess of Harewood

alexandraclarencegeorge.jpg

Queen Alexanra - Duke of Clarence- George Duke of Kent - Frederick Windsor

Last edited:
I dunno about Edward VIII being in the category with Victoria. I think his bone structure is much more similar to Alexandra's than either Victoria or Mary. What really sticks out to me is his nose has a slight upward tilt that neither Victoria nor Mary had. Also, his eyes are not the deeply set type that Victoria and many of her descendants have. They are similar to Alexandra's. Edward VIII is really just a later, male version of Alexandra in so many ways.

nwxt time : queen Mary and Edvard VII influence:flowers:

I dunno about Edward VIII being in the category with Victoria. I think his bone structure is much more similar to Alexandra's than either Victoria or Mary. What really sticks out to me is his nose has a slight upward tilt that neither Victoria nor Mary had. Also, his eyes are not the deeply set type that Victoria and many of her descendants have. They are similar to Alexandra's. Edward VIII is really just a later, male version of Alexandra in so many ways.
I see what you mean...but Alexandra is soft
Edvard VIII slight upward tilt, woud not be possible without Victoria's sharp streight lines, nor clear facial structures of Edvard VIII, George VI and even George Duke of Kent...its her streightnes that shows here combined in different ways with Alexandras softnes
(but George VI had a lot of Queen Mary in him)

There was a picture I saw the other day of a younger Prince Phillip (maybe in his 30s/early 40s) & literally facially Prince Harry is the spitting image. I'm going to have to retrack down where that picture is because it was like seeing Harry in 10-20years time.

old prince philip is just fine too
see the eyes?
but its not only prince philip in harry, there is something else ..possibly someone from diana's side
harryphilip.jpg

Harry as a child was the spitting image of Philip's father to me. William also always reminded me of Philip and the photos of Philip as a boy, teenager and young man.

I think people forget that the blonde hair of William is more likely to have come from his blond haired paternal grandfather rather than his bottle-blonded mother. I also think that people forget just how handsome Philip was as a young man and want to attribute any good - looks, actions etc that the princes do to their mother and so don't look beyond her to look for other things.

The older the princes get the more they resemble Charles and Philip to me but I have always seen more of that side of the family than Diana's anyway. The Danish genes from the dual descent from Christian IX of Denmark through Queen Alexandra and King George I of the Hellenes, with the strong Mountbatten genes as well are the ones I see most in these two.

However Andrew's girls, particularly Beatrice, have the strong Hanoverian genes - again through two lines of descent - from Edward VII and Princess Alice.

Add common lines of descent from James I of England and VI of Scotland through lots of lines, including Diana's and it becomes even easier to understand the similarities to other royals as Diana was descended through various lines from James I and VI (being a descendent of Charles I through a number of his illegitimate children) while both the Queen and Philip have a number of lines of descent back to James though his daughter Elizabeth (the mother of the Electress Sophia of Hanover).

Lady Louise looks more like The Queen and Princess Anne.
Especially when HM was a child.
The Queen has noted several times that Princess Anne is a copy of her father

alexandraclarencegeorge.jpg

Queen Alexanra - Duke of Clarence- George Duke of Kent - Frederick Windsor

Great job, Uncas! :flowers: They definitely all share a strong resemblance, the eyes in particular, through Queen Alexandra! I actually think those four are the most interesting and beautiful faces within the Windsor family of the past 100 years. :blush:

The strong resemblances within the Windsor family are absolutely fascinating (yes, they are a family of course, but it's quite rare that you resemble a great-uncle or great-grandmother for example so much, IMO). Lady Gabriella Windsor looks very much like her aunt Alexandra but as well like her great-aunt Mary, Viscountess Lascelles and also a bit like Queen Alexandra. Young Princess Anne, Zara Phillips and Lady Louise resemble each other, too (I think they're all a bit a mixture of Queen Mary and Queen Alexandra, except for Anne who rather inherited some features of her father's family also).

old prince philip is just fine too
see the eyes?
but its not only prince philip in harry, there is something else ..possibly someone from diana's side
harryphilip.jpg

Harry resembles his grandfather a lot, but the older he gets the more of Charles I see in Harry. I think it is more the way he looks at times than any actual facial features.

Around the eyebrows Harry looks very much like Charles to me.

Princess Anne looks a great deal like George III. She is a Hanover, unfortunately, for her.

Princess Anne looks a great deal like George III. She is a Hanover, unfortunately, for her.

Princess Anne looks like the Countess of Harewood to me.

As for Prince Harry, I see Philip in the eyes, according to those pictures, but no Prince Charles in him. Then again plenty of people have those eyes and they are not royal so who knows. He just seems really Spencer to me, to the point where there is no real Windsor. William does look a lot like Prince Philip when he was young especially around the time Philip got engaged to Elizabeth.

Then again we all see different things. Thanks for the photo montage it did help me see why people compare Harry and Philip together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom