Earl and Countess of Snowden To Divorce: February 18, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find the behaviour of this couple very intriuging. For all intents and purposes they have live agreeable separate lives to all intents and purposes. So it makes me wonder what has changed? Or, are they merely underlining that royal doesn't mean saintly (you'd think people understood that from the days of Henry VIII).

Think two possible reasons

1 wanted to divorce years ago but agreed to wait until their children were adults. Now their daughter is finishing school it was time to move on.

2 One if them has moved on and found love again. And wished to be free to move on with a new love. I’d not be shocked to learn one is dating or even engaged in next year. Or moving in and on.

My parents divorced when I was approaching my last year in school, I think it was the same for many - an elder child has left home, the youngest is about to leave school. The youngest is still going out sorting themselves out with less need for adults to be involved etc and suddenly mum and dad realise they've drifted apart and life has become all about the children and meeting their needs and now suddenly that is disappearing. I don't think its unusual to be honest. Some marriages survive that period of time and others don't.

I would guess they want a divorce as until they do there is the need to keep up an element of pretence of being together and can't, for one thing, be dating while still appearing to be together.

So they have houses in London gloucestershire and Provence? Where does Lady Margarita go to school?

The Gloucestershire house is, if I recall correctly, lent to them or rented at the most, from a friend or Serena's godfather who owns a large estate (I always get muddled, it may be Lady Sarah who lives in a house form her godfather in which case the Snowdon's is from a friend or vice versa)

I read somewhere that the London house is from the late Lord Snowdon and is held in trust for both his children so not sure it could be considered David's in any settlement.

Here is a link to a slideshow and article about the Provence house, which I think has been used for holidays by William and Kate in past.

Last edited:
So they have houses in London gloucestershire and Provence? Where does Lady Margarita go to school?

Tudor Hall School in Banbury, in Oxfordshire. It's not that far from where they live in Gloucestershire, but it's a boarding school so presumably she lives there in term time ... not sure if it takes day pupils too.

Thanks for the info but I don’t see the link? And margarita? Anyone know where she goes to school?

And where is Viscount Linley studying?
Does he live in a students' hostel?

:previous:
Charles goes to Loughborough university, studying product design engineering I believe. It's a good two hours from home so I wouldn't think he would commute daily. It's in Leicester.

Thanks for the info but I don’t see the link? And margarita? Anyone know where she goes to school?

Tudor Hall. Which is in Oxford, about hour and half from their London home. Half hour from Gloucester home. It is day and boarding.

Last edited:
I found that Margarita is going to St Mary's along with Lady Louise. I think her brother goes to Eton

I found that Margarita is going to St Mary's along with Lady Louise. I think her brother goes to Eton

Charles did go to Eton. But he graduated several years ago, he will be 21 this year. He is now at university.

Margarita once attended St Mary's but it seems she moved to Tudor for her A levels.

Does Serena have any of her mother-in-law Princess Margaret's tiaras? If YES, will the tiaras remain with David after the divorce occurs?

Does Serena have any of her mother-in-law Princess Margaret's tiaras? If YES, will the tiaras remain with David after the divorce occurs?

I don't think Serena owns any of princess Margaret's tiara's. I assume her children (David and Sarah) do.

I don't think Serena owns any of princess Margaret's tiara's. I assume her children (David and Sarah) do.

I saw a blog post about one of the jewels that Margaret used to wear that is now with Serena, but it’s one of the brooches. I think it’s with her even after divorce.

I wonder how come Serena is not into jewelry despite coming from a highly aristocratic family? And now Lady Margarita will make jewelries of her own. Do the Stanhopes own a lot of heirlooms?

Perhaps he’s written it as they’ve announced they are divorcing.

Back
Top Bottom