The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 04-12-2018, 12:09 AM
Majesty

That would be absolutely fantastic, and I'm sure Harry will make an excellent President. I can't see where he's listed on their website though.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
That would be absolutely fantastic, and I'm sure Harry will make an excellent President. I can't see where he's listed on their website though.
https://www.queenscommonwealthtrust.org/about/
Old 04-12-2018, 12:21 AM
Majesty

Thank you very much, Marlo. Wonderful!
Old 04-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Announcements on the events William, Harry and Meghan will attend during #CHOGM2018-
https://mobile.twitter.com/Kensingto...69381685137410

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Majesty

Meghan won’t be attending the formal opening or the state dinner which makes sense.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Meghan attending. Nothing formal though. I assume since Harry was just announced as President of the QCT that she will be at the concert as well.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Meghan won’t be attending the formal opening or the state dinner which makes sense.
Probably think it’s throwing her too far into the deep end before the wedding. Although, I’m sure she will probably be involved in a fall State Visit.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

It's a good idea for Meghan to not go to the formal dinner. If she does, whether or not she wears a tiara, will be the focus rather than the event itself.

As for fall state visit. I know there has been a lot of discussion about Australia and New Zealand because of IG, but how likely is hat given Australia has already seen Charles, Camilla, and Edward this year?
Old 04-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I know there has been a lot of discussion about Australia and New Zealand because of IG, but how likely is hat given Australia has already seen Charles, Camilla, and Edward this year?
Harry and Meghan are definitely going to Australia for IG, she confirmed it last week. The rest of the visit will depend on how interested the local governments are, since they pay for it.

And this wouldn’t be a state visit.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Harry and Meghan are definitely going to Australia for IG, she confirmed it last week. The rest of the visit will depend on how interested the local governments are, since they pay for it.

And this wouldn’t be a state visit.
Oops, I meant official visit instead. I know they are both going to IG and wouldn't be an official visit. It's charity business. But some were speculating that they'd tag on an official visit to it. I normally would say there is a good chance, but Australia has already seen a lot of royals this year.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

When I said “fall State Visit” I meant a UK State Visit.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
It's a good idea for Meghan to not go to the formal dinner. If she does, whether or not she wears a tiara, will be the focus rather than the event itself.
Oh yes! The focus on Meghan at her first formal tiara event is going to be crushing. Best she do it once she's the Duchess of Clarence.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think everyone knows (or at least they should know) that Meghan wouldn’t wear a tiara before the wedding. Not even Diana wore a tiara to a State Banquet before her wedding. Don’t think anyone would make a big deal out of it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
When I said “fall State Visit” I meant a UK State Visit.
Has one been confirmed?

No - there may not be one this year at all given the size of the CHOGM event, with 53 Heads of Government including many Heads of State (not all Heads of State and Heads of Government).and the fact that the UK is treading a tight-rope over Brexit. If they have one country having an incoming State Visit - especially when there can't be anymore outgoing ones - it could be miscontrued in the lead-up to Brexit.

With no State Opening of Parliament to announce one I am not sure there even will be one.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

With no State Opening of Parliament to announce one I am not sure there even will be one.
You don't need a State Opening of Parliament to host an incoming state visit.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

More News:

Canada:
Trudeau to interrupt foreign trip to meet with Notley, Horgan on pipeline impasse | CBC News
Quote:
He is scheduled to then travel to London, where he is to meet the Queen and British Prime Minister Theresa May before attending the Commonwealth heads of government meeting.
New Zealand:
Jacinda Ardern to meet the Queen at Buckingham Palace next week - TVNZ
Quote:
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern will meet the Queen in a private audience at Buckingham Palace next week.

In a statement Ms Ardern said: "I am grateful that Her Majesty is taking the time to meet with me in what is an incredibly busy week for her as Head of the Commonwealth."

"This will be my first meeting with Her Majesty so I'm very much looking forward to sharing this government's vision for New Zealand and our priorities."

Ms Ardern will also meet with Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales, and Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, on Wednesday at Clarence House.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the dates in the title are wrong. Shouldn’t it be 16-20 April?
Old 04-15-2018, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What date is the gala dinner?
Old 04-15-2018, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
What date is the gala dinner?
The dinner is on the 19th. But royals are going to be attending and participating in other events from Monday. For example:

Day One: Monday 16th April 2018
Morning
• Prince Harry will attend the Youth Cabinet Roundtable and opening session of the Commonwealth Youth Forum at the QEII Conference Centre.
Afternoon
• The Duke of York will attend the Commonwealth Science Conference at the Royal Society.
Evening
• The Duke of Cambridge will attend the Welcome to the UK Reception at the QEII Conference Centre.
• The Duke of York will host Pitch@Palace Commonwealth at St James's Palace.
• The Countess of Wessex will attend The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust Reception at Tower Bridge.

Day Two: Tuesday 17th April 2018
Morning / afternoon
• The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will attend the Big Commonwealth Lunch Forum at the QEII Conference Centre.
• The Prince of Wales will meet civil society representatives from the People's Forum. His Royal Highness will also join representatives from the Commonwealth Youth Climate Change Network and selected Youth Forum delegates for a roundtable discussion on the work of young people in the Commonwealth on Climate Change at the QEII Conference Centre.
• The Duke of Cambridge will attend a joint session of the Commonwealth Business and Youth Forums at the QEII Conference Centre.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:01 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen appoints Prince Harry as Commonwealth Youth Ambassador – Royal Central