The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 04-10-2018, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Lots of Harry and William. Mostly focused on youth. I like it. No Kate (obviously) and looks like no Meghan either though apparently BP won't confirm she won't attend at all. Beatrice and Eugenie to attend the formal dinner as well. Busy week for young royals. Obvious Charles, Andrew, and Edward in attendance as well. I image Anne too but not currently listed.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Lots of Harry and William. Mostly focused on youth. I like it. No Kate (obviously) and looks like no Meghan either though apparently BP won't confirm she won't attend at all. Beatrice and Eugenie to attend the formal dinner as well. Busy week for young royals. Obvious Charles, Andrew, and Edward in attendance as well. I image Anne too but not currently listed.
It’s likely Meghan will attend some events with with Harry and the family.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Royal Highness

Is this the first time Beatrice and Eugenie have attended this dinner?
Old 04-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Majesty

This is the link from the Royal Website

https://www.royal.uk/commonwealth-he...t-meeting-2018

William attending an event on the 17th (as per Majesty link) isn't there and I cant find any specific reference to Beatrice and Eugenie at all.

Does someone have a link to the Beatrice and Eugenie attendance?

EDIT - ignore last question - found it. :)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Some of the royal reporters have additional info added to their announcements. I wonder if they specifically asked?
Old 04-10-2018, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

I just read the whole release elsewhere...nothing at all mentioned about Beatrice/Eugenie or Meghan. Although I wonder if Meghan (and the York Girls) will be at this event:

The Queen, accompanied by members of the royal family, will host the CHOGM Formal Opening in the Ballroom at Buckingham Palace.

LaRae
Old 04-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I just read the whole release elsewhere...nothing at all mentioned about Beatrice/Eugenie or Meghan. Although I wonder if Meghan (and the York Girls) will be at this event:

The Queen, accompanied by members of the royal family, will host the CHOGM Formal Opening in the Ballroom at Buckingham Palace.

LaRae
I think she’ll accompany Harry, but probably won’t be included in the CC.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-10-2018, 01:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
It is great that Beatrice and Eugenie will attend the formal dinner. I hope that is a sign they will start attending state banquets also in the future.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think she’ll accompany Harry, but probably won’t be included in the CC.
If she attends the dinner this would be her first formal occasion, not so? Blingy? Fancy dress?
Old 04-10-2018, 03:05 PM
Majesty

I think Meghan will attend some of the forums, esp with Harry. It would be great if she went with Camilla on the 18th to this:

"The Duchess of Cornwall will attend a roundtable meeting and the closing session of Women's Forum at the QEII Centre."
(Source: Majesty MAgazine)

I don't think she will attend formal events yet.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-10-2018, 07:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

THE QUEEN'S DINNER AT BUCKINGHAM PALACE

Thursday 19th April 2018

Her Majesty The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, will host The Queen's Dinner at Buckingham Palace on the evening of Thursday 19th April 2018.

Her Majesty, accompanied by His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, will receive Commonwealth Heads of Government and their spouses in the Blue Drawing Room, where the evening will commence with a drinks reception. The dinner will take place in the Picture Gallery, where Her Majesty will give a speech.

Members of the royal family in attendance will include the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry, the Duke of York, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, the Princess Royal, Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Duke of Kent, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Alexandra and Princess Michael of Kent.

So no Meghan at the dinner...I thought she'd be at that one.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think Meghan will attend some of the forums, esp with Harry. It would be great if she went with Camilla on the 18th to this:

"The Duchess of Cornwall will attend a roundtable meeting and the closing session of Women's Forum at the QEII Centre."
(Source: Majesty MAgazine)

I don't think she will attend formal events yet.

Why wouldn't they mention Meghan is attending, just like they did when she went with him to the Commonwealth Services.

LaRae
Old 04-10-2018, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Should we expect tiaras on this occasion? HM has worn a tiara at these events previously or was that a separate dinner at the CHOGM?

If so there would be a large number of tiaras on display and maybe Beatrice and Eugenie would get their first opportunity to wear one?
Old 04-10-2018, 07:47 PM
Nobility

For the dinner, I wonder how they will walk in and be seated. If it the members of the Royal Family are arriving alone, then we should get a good view of Princess Beatrice because she would then go along with the Duke of Cambridge during the procession.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't expect Meghan to be involved at all. Never expected the dinner or formal events. This way too official and she not a royal yet. I do think she will likely be at the concert for the Queen's birthday though.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
THE QUEEN'S DINNER AT BUCKINGHAM PALACE

Thursday 19th April 2018

Her Majesty The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, will host The Queen's Dinner at Buckingham Palace on the evening of Thursday 19th April 2018.

Her Majesty, accompanied by His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, will receive Commonwealth Heads of Government and their spouses in the Blue Drawing Room, where the evening will commence with a drinks reception. The dinner will take place in the Picture Gallery, where Her Majesty will give a speech.

Members of the royal family in attendance will include the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry, the Duke of York, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, the Princess Royal, Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Duke of Kent, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Alexandra and Princess Michael of Kent.
The order of names is interesting. The queen's grandchildren are listed after their parent(s), which is probably done as normally Charles' sons are given precedence over their uncles and aunts, so the same rule is applied to the York princesses, however, the princess royal should/would normally, come after the Earl and Countess of Wessex...

Quote:
I don't expect Meghan to be involved at all. Never expected the dinner or formal events. This way too official and she not a royal yet. I do think she will likely be at the concert for the Queen's birthday though.
Nor is Jack Brooksbank invited. I guess they figured they would need to invite either both or none of the royal fiancés.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don’t expect the royal fiancée/fiancé to be named in the official announcement, but that doesn’t mean Meghan won’t attend.

Diana wasn’t a senior royal yet, but she attended a state banquet at Buckingham Palace before her wedding. She probably wasn’t named in the official announcement either. No, Diana, didn’t wear a tiara for the banquet.

I guess we just have to wait and see if Meghan attends on the day of. I’m sure the royal reporters will tweet about it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-10-2018, 09:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Should we expect tiaras on this occasion? HM has worn a tiara at these events previously or was that a separate dinner at the CHOGM?

If so there would be a large number of tiaras on display and maybe Beatrice and Eugenie would get their first opportunity to wear one?
Yes it should be a tiara event but IIRC in the BRF unmarried women don't wear tiaras.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don’t expect the royal fiancée/fiancé to be named in the official announcement, but that doesn’t mean Meghan won’t attend.

Diana wasn’t a senior royal yet, but she attended a state banquet at Buckingham Palace before her wedding. She probably wasn’t named in the official announcement either. No, Diana, didn’t wear a tiara for the banquet.

I guess we just have to wait and see if Meghan attends on the day of. I’m sure the royal reporters will tweet about it.
Oh yes that was the famous black dress event...

LaRae
Old 04-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Yes it should be a tiara event but IIRC in the BRF unmarried women don't wear tiaras.

LaRae
Do you know when that rule was put into place because Princess Margaret, Princess Alexandra, and Princess Anne wore tiaras before marriage?
Old 04-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Member - in Memoriam

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Oh yes that was the famous black dress event...

LaRae
Actually that black dress event wasn't a state banquet but rather a charity event at Goldsmiths' Hall in London.

Diana attended a state banquet at Buckingham Palace for the Nigerian President, Sharari in March of 1981 while engaged to Charles.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
The order of names is interesting. The queen's grandchildren are listed after their parent(s), which is probably done as normally Charles' sons are given precedence over their uncles and aunts, so the same rule is applied to the York princesses, however, the princess royal should/would normally, come after the Earl and Countess of Wessex...
And the Duke of Duchess iof Gloucester should come before the Duke of Kent, shouldn’t they ?