Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in London: April 16-20, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Confirmation: ‘We recognise the role of the Queen in championing the Commonwealth and its peoples. The next Head of the Commonwealth shall be His Royal Highness Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales.’

The next #CHOGM will be in Rwanda ���� in 2020, followed by Samoa ���� in 2022.

"This year’s conference is a crucial opportunity for us all to demonstrate high level political commitment to tackling the illegal wildlife trade."

The Duke of Cambridge and Foreign Secretary @BorisJohnson met African leaders to discuss ambitious proposals to #endwildlifecrime

Via FCO Twitter

Last night, @heads_together reunited the group with @MrNickKnowles at An Evening with #MindOverMarathon.

? Watch the full conversation live tonight at 19:30 on the #HeadsTogether Facebook page: facebook.com/HeadsTogetherC…

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

The Duke of Cambridge joined the Foreign Secretary to meet leaders of African Commonwealth countries to discuss proposals to stamp out the illegal wildlife trade #CHOGM2018

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbPPSSFW4AcB2JZ.jpg

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Very pleased for the PoW that this is done and dusted. The last few days have difinitively proved that the utterly preposterous idea that certain trashy tabloids peddle that HM is somehow pushing for William to be her successor are complete and total nonsense. No one with even a tiny bit of brain power believed it anyway of course.

It must have been truly special to be at that dinner last night, eating among the Canalettos, Vermeers, Van Dykes, Rubens and Rembrandts (among many others) of HM's art collection, with what I suspect is Sevres 18th Century tableware and all beautifully lit to give the whole thing a feel of friends getting together for a special dinner. It's no coincidence that HM mentioned she was happy to invite these friends to her home.

The whole event had a wonderful atmosphere, much more so that normal state visits such as the recent Spanish one. You sense this is and has been probably the most important event in HM's calendar over the years, bar perhaps State Openings of Parliament.

Statement from Charles:

''I am deeply touched and honoured by the decision of Commonwealth Heads of State and Government that I should succeed The Queen, in due course, as Head of the Commonwealth. Meanwhile, I will continue to support Her Majesty in every possible way, in the service of our unique family of nations.''

Apparently last nights dinner in the Gallery was the first time The Queen has held a dinner in there.

What she has missed!

Apparently last nights dinner in the Gallery was the first time The Queen has held a dinner in there.

What she has missed!

From the looks of it in the Video Coverage, she and everyone else enjoyed the setting for the dinner. Very intimate and elegant space for entertaining!

A Table setting from the 'Picture Gallery Banquet' a few days ago...

Attachments

• banquet.jpg
    banquet.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 101
Confirmation: ‘We recognise the role of the Queen in championing the Commonwealth and its peoples. The next Head of the Commonwealth shall be His Royal Highness Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales.’

The next #CHOGM will be in Rwanda ���� in 2020, followed by Samoa ���� in 2022.

I dudn’t know Rwanda was a member of the Commonwealth. It was originally a German colony that passed to Belgian control after World War I, the country’s main language of public administration and education is French and Rwanda is a member of La Francophonie. However, according to Wilipedia, English also has official status in Rwanda.

Last edited:
I dudn’t know Rwanda was a member of the Commonwealth. It was originally a German colony that passed to Belgian control after World War I, the country’s main language of public administration and education is French and Rwanda is a member of La Francophonie. However, according to Wilipedia, English also has official status in Rwanda.

I think Rwanda and Mozambique are the only two commonwealth countries which were never British Colonies.

Back
Top Bottom