Christenings of William (1982) and Harry (1984)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which foreign royals were attending the baptism of The Duke of Cambridge?

Which foreign royals were attending the baptism of The Duke of Cambridge?

William's godparents are King Constantine II of Greece (his paternal cousin); Princess Alexandra (his paternal cousin); the Duchess of Westminster; the Lady Susan Hussey; Lord Romsey (his paternal cousin); and Sir Laurens van der Post.

oh, yeah, wills was wombat! I remember when he was in chile he named himself to the children I 'm a wombat!

Video of Prince Harry's christening.
The other videos of this christening that are in the topic are no longer available.

Nothing beats the Wills and Harry commentary on this from Elizabeth at 90. At least the Harry part.
"Oh, look how happy you are to have a brother!...Not sure about that dress I'm wearing." :lol:

Video of Prince Harry's christening.
The other videos of this christening that are in the topic are no longer available.

Happy family time. How did it turn in the later mess of the War of the Wales and what we are seeing today with Harry and Meghan? Sad

:previous: With all we know now in retrospect, it was never really as happy as it appeared on the outside. Especially by the time of Harry's christening. Diana in her own words states that she had realized her marriage was not going to work by then.

Diana and Charles were willing to continue to try for the sake of the Monarchy and the image of the Crown, unlike Harry and Meghan. That is the difference.

Last edited:
:previous: With all we know now in retrospect, it was never really as happy as it appeared on the outside. Especially by the time of Harry's christening. Diana in her own words states that she had realized her marriage was not going to work by then.

Diana and Charles were willing to continue to try for the sake of the Monarchy and the image of the Crown, unlike Harry and Meghan. That is the difference.

not really sure what Harry and Meghan have to do with C and DI's marriage or the christening.. Charles and Diana had little choice but to continue with their marriage, at the time. They were not very happy, it seems even soon after H's birth but there was no way at that time they would have been allowed to separate.

As for Anne, she wasn't invited to be god mother at Harry's christening and did not attend the christening because of a prior engagement. But the engagement was nothing more than a shooting party, so it was thoguht at tthe time that Anne and Diana didn't get on, and that she hadn't been asked to be godmother, and had in return snubbed the christening.

I am not sure whose photographer took William’s christening. I know Lord Snowdon took the christening photos for Harry and the newborn William photos, just not really sure if he also took for William at the christening.

I for one believe there are more unseen photos of the Royal Family taken by Snowdon which we still have yet to see even if he passed away (in 2017, which seems to be a long ago).

Back
Top Bottom