British Royals Websites, Links, Videos & Podcasts

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations! About time - thought it would never happen.:D

Windsor Brides Updated!

To see all the information available on all the royal weddings going back to Queen Victoria's time - check out my website - Windsor Brides. The link is in my signature below.

Where can I find some online information sources about the British Royals

I am studying to become a Journalist. And for an assignment we are required to find some websites about a certain topic and evaluate them. My topic is The Royal Family. The websites can't be "news" sites, they need to be raw information sites. Know of any

I am studying to become a Journalist. And for an assignment we are required to find some websites about a certain topic and evaluate them. My topic is The Royal Family. The websites can't be "news" sites, they need to be raw information sites. Know of any

I think you've found it. Right here. There is a wealth of information to be gleaned from any of the various topics on the British Royal Forums. For past history, there's the British History forum, for infomation on the palaces, theres British Royal Residences. Most people that do post information here on a various topic or have information do list the source where the information came from so as to be reliable. Then again, we all have our different opinions on things that are respected. So from the Queen to What is in the Queen's Handbag, its all here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

The British Monarchy also have their own official sites with a wealth of information which isn't just news but also includes information on how the monarchy works, their houses etc.

Welcome to the official website of the British Monarchy

This site also has links to the official sites of senior members of the royal family besides the Queen such as the Prince of Wales.

The British Monarchy also have their own official sites with a wealth of information which isn't just news but also includes information on how the monarchy works, their houses etc.

Welcome to the official website of the British Monarchy

This site also has links to the official sites of senior members of the royal family besides the Queen such as the Prince of Wales.

OH! And you can link to the site via Facebook too. :D

OK.. I'm going to add something here that you might not find on the internet somewhere. Why? Because I read the book. Authors are not to be trusted 100% of what they report but as a good journalist, you know that. Katie Nichols wrote a book that was released last year about William and Harry and thanks to TRF here, I got a copy. (under the Prince William and Prince Henry topic you can see the forum about Katie Nichols).

Now this is hearsay from a book I read but amusing. Seems at Christmas one year the Queen got a cell phone. Knowing the grandsons are more tech literate, she asked William to set it up for her. From my post in the Royal Library:

I really am glad I was not drinking hot coffee reading the part "Yo wassup! This is Liz. Sorry I'm away from the throne at the moment. For a hot line to Philip press 1, for Charles press 2, for the corgis press 3."

That was so funny and just like grandsons to pull a prank like that. Hear tell that's what the Queens top aide got as a message the next day.

You say your assignment cannot include news sites. I'm also hoping this excludes the sensationalistic "get the dirt" reporting. I was a journalism major myself waaay back. I did my practice on the Detroit Red Wings.. hehe.

Hi everybody!
If anyone is interested in checking out my fan site for Sarah, Duchess of York, please follow the link in my signature below.

Courtesy of AngelEyesz89's youtube channel :flowers:, we may see a beautiful documentary about Queen Mother.

Title: Queen Mother: A Royal Century

part1
part2
part3
part4

Enjoy :rose:

Documentary about 2011 The Royal Year
- summary of royal events during 2011 -

part1

part2

Thank you ! Facinating stories ! Again thanks !

:previous: I love Wills' honesty, because these people indeed ask a ton of questions, some of which are rather intrusive.

The Prince of Wales's Website has been Revamped:
Homepage

The Royal Channel posted some new videos, including several historical ones. They were all shown today at a reception for the British Film Industry.

The first video is of Queen Victoria and her extended family, including the Russian Imperial Family. It is the first film to include members of the Royal Family and was made at Balmoral Castle, Aberdeenshire, by William Edward Downey of the W. & D. Downey photographic studio on 3 October 1896. The film features Queen Victoria in her pony carriage (with Turi, her Pomeranian) and members of her extended family, including her grand-daughter the Tsarina Alexandra and Tsar Nicholas II; her son, the Duke of Connaught and his wife; and several royal children. The complete film was shown to Queen Victoria at Windsor Castle on 23 November 1896.

The second video is from Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. It shows part of the procession through London to celebrate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee on 22 June 1897. This was the first public event involving Queen Victoria to be recorded on film. The Queen's carriage, pulled by eight cream horses, can be seen towards the end of the footage. Also in the carriage were Helena, Princess Christian of Schleswig-Holstein (third daughter of Queen Victoria) and the Princess of Wales (later Queen Alexandra).

The third video shows Sir and Lady Winston Churchill spending some private time with members of the Royal Family, including the Queen and Prince Charles.

Queen Victoria with Tsar Nicholas II and his family at Balmoral (Earliest Known Royal Footage) - YouTube

Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee - YouTube

Home Video footage of the Royal Family with Winston Churchill - YouTube

I'm not sure where of if these videos have been posted. They're from the BBC on Queen Victoria and her children

Queen Victoria

BBC Queen Victoria's Children 1 of 3 The Best Laid Plan 2013

BBC Queen Victoria's Children 1 of 3 The Best Laid Plan 2013 - YouTube

BBC Queen Victoria's Children 2 of 3 A Domestic Tyrant 2013

BBC Queen Victoria's Children 2 of 3 A Domestic Tyrant 2013 - YouTube

BBC Queen Victoria's Children 3 of 3 Princes Will Be Princes 2013

BBC Queen Victoria's Children 3 of 3 Princes Will Be Princes 2013 - YouTube

New British Royal Family podcast

Forgive me putting this here, but there doesn't seem to be a "general" British royal family spot I could put it in, so here we go. It's been a while since I was here, but I do lurk from time to time, and I have been working on a long-time dream of mine--to launch a British Royal Family podcast.

If any of you would be interested in listening to a weekly mix of British royal news, background information and history, please check it out and share it around. The more, the merrier. You can also subscribe by email to get updates when it's out.

Here's the link:
http://britishroyalfamilyworld.com/british-royal-family-podcast/

I have been a royal columnist at Examiner.com for nearly four years now, but for various reasons have chosen to more or less go it alone with a new website and now, the podcast. I started around the time Prince George was born, as it seemed as if that were a wonderful new chapter. :)

Would love to get feedback, questions that I can answer as part of the podcast, and generally to work with listeners to improve the podcast. :)

Well I enjoyed the podcast and think it is a wonderful idea. Good work putting this together. Thank you for doing this.

Thank you very much! I am working on the next one as we "speak."

Back
Top Bottom