British Royal Family Engagements 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that may be enough - looks amazing airport doesn't it? One day I would like to go through a first class lounge at one of these airports.

You can see the airport stairs and walk way at the the top of the picture

It looks like a "pop up" palace

You can see the airport stairs and walk way at the the top of the picture

It looks like a "pop up" palace

I do like the term "pop up palace"!

Weekly update to 20th February, 2014

Huge thanks are to be given to Cepe for sending through the relevant information. The British Monarchy website are being very inconsistent at the moment updating some days but not all and the added problem is that if they don't update a day they don't go back and update it - ever. Are they trying to stop me doing my weekly update??
wink.png
Probably not - probably couldn't care less but ... I personally think that it is a result of the amalgamation of the press offices and that updating the website isn't seen as an important part of the work there. Hopefully they will get that area back on track as it is some of the major PR they need to get right as PR is important for them.

Anne is amazing. After a very busy week in Russia she has returned to work in the UK and been all over the country. Edward and Sophie have been on holidays with the children for their mid-term break (I believe that is a normal part of the school year in the UK). Andrew had a non-public working week but that is normal at this time of the year as he normally goes away with the family for his birthday. I haven't heard that he has done so and we know Sarah was in New York this week so maybe, instead of the skiing week away they have decamped to the US, although Beatrice has been in London. A sign of a family growing up is when the kids can't always get away to have their normal holidays with their family anymore of course.

HM The Queen - 33 (20 - up 13)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 4 (2 - up 2)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 69 (54 - up 15)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 27 (22 - up 5)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 4 (3 - up 1)
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 3 (1 - up 2)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 4 (2 - up 2)
HRH The Duke of York - 42 (42 – no change)
HRH Princess Beatrice of York - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH Princess Eugenie of York - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 19 (17 - up 2)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 27 (24 - up 3)
HRH The Princess Royal - 70 (52 - up 18)
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 22 (17 - up 5)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 10 (9 – up 1)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 12 (10 – up 2)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 12 (9 – up 3)
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 1 (0 – up 1)
HRH Princess Michael of Kent - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH Princess Alexandra - 5 (5 – no change)

The 'league table'

HRH The Princess Royal - 70
HRH The Prince of Wales - 69
HRH The Duke of York - 42
HM The Queen – 33
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 27
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 27
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence – 22
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 19
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 12
HRH The Duke of Kent - 12
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 10
HRH Princess Alexandra - 5
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 4
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 4
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 4
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 3
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 1
HRH Princess Beatrice of York – 0
HRH Princess Eugenie of York - 0
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 0
HRH Princess Michael of Kent - 0

Year to date total - 364 (289 - up 75)

86%% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has done 39.5%.
10.2% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
14.8% done by those 70 and above
66.7% are being done by those over 60.
53% were done by those in their 60s.
9.1% have been done by The Queen.
19% were done by Charles.
7.4% were done by Camilla
47.5% were done by those over retirement age
19.2%% were done by Anne

I do think they have to look at some of these statistics as having nearly half of the engagements done by those over retirement age - and remember Anne is only about 18 months away from joining them at retirement age (I have assumed it is 65 for both sexes in the UK or is it like here in Australia where the age is a bit lower for women still?).

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to 20th February, 2014

HM The Queen - 14
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 3
HRH The Prince of Wales - 24
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 13
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 3
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 3
HRH The Duke of York - 16
HRH Princess Beatrice of York - 0
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 10
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 13
HRH The Princess Royal - 25
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 9
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 9
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 8
HRH The Duke of Kent - 9
HRH Prince Michael of Kent - 1

Types of Engagements

The type of engagement range is fairly consistent but no doubt there will be some new ones soon as the weather begins to pick up in the UK.

Audience - 6
Ballet - 0
Called Upon - 4
Ceremony - 2
Church Service - 0
Concert - 3
Conference - 7
Council Meeting - 1
Dinner - 29
Football - 0
Forum - 3
Funeral - 2
Investiture - 7
Launched - 1
Luncheon - 17
Meeting - 26
Met People - 2
Opened - 23
Other Events - 11
Other Sports - 12
Performance - 2
Polo - 0
Presented Awards - 8
Races - 0
Received - 74
Received by - 6
Reception - 34
Rugby - 0
Military Parade/Salute - 1
Seminar - 3
Tea - 5
Tennis - 3
Unveiled - 3
Viewed - 3
Visit - 89
Gala - 1

Again a huge thanks to Cepe for making this update possible.

I was surprised how few engagements the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have done. I realise they have a new baby but I thought they were full time royals now?

I was surprised how few engagements the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have done. I realise they have a new baby but I thought they were full time royals now?

They're official engagements for the year is only starting. There's much more to come, including the big tour.

They're official engagements for the year is only starting. There's much more to come, including the big tour.

Also, Prince William is studying at the University of Cambridge at the moment. As the year progresses, you will see the level of engagements creep up.

We were told by KP that this year was a "transitional" year - this running from september 2013 presumably until september 2014. They are not yet full time royals.

Weekly update to 27th February, 2014

Cepe has again been ensuring that I get the information I use. Thank you.

Andrew has had his second week with no official engagements and Edward only did engagements on one day this week, which was the start of the Wessex's overseas tour. The Queen did a number of audiences as there were changes to the people who were ambassadors/high commissioners. The Duke of Gloucester had a couple of busy days and the Duke of Kent made a flying visit to Germany to present medals - out and back in a day. Charles and Camilla were out and about as we know from the media but Anne was equally busy and the press gave virtually no coverage as usual.

HM The Queen - 40 (33 - up 13)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 11 (4 - up 7)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 82 (69 - up 13)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 33 (27 - up 6)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 4 (4 - no change)
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 3 (3 - no change)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 4 (4 - no change)
HRH The Duke of York - 42 (42 – no change)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 22 (19 - up 3)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 33 (27 - up 6)
HRH The Princess Royal - 81 (70 - up 11)
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 22 (22 - no change)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 17 (10 – up 7)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 16 (12 – up 6)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 15 (12 – up 3)
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 1 (1 – no change)

The 'league table'

HRH The Prince of Wales - 82
HRH The Princess Royal - 81
HRH The Duke of York - 42
HM The Queen – 40
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 33
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 33
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 22
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 17
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 16
HRH The Duke of Kent - 15
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 11
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 4

Year to date total - 431 (364 - up 67)

84.9%% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has done 41.1%.
11.8% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
16.5% done by those 70 and above
69.9% are being done by those over 60.
54.3% were done by those in their 60s.
9.3% have been done by The Queen.
19% were done by Charles.
7.7% were done by Camilla
51.0% were done by those over retirement age
18.8%% were done by Anne

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to 27th February, 2014

HM The Queen - 17
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 8
HRH The Prince of Wales - 28
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 16
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 3
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 3
HRH The Duke of York - 16
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 11
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 15
HRH The Princess Royal - 29
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 12
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 10
HRH The Duke of Kent - 12

Types of Engagements

The type of engagement range is fairly consistent but no doubt there will be some new ones soon as the weather begins to pick up in the UK.

Audience - 10
Ballet - 0
Called Upon - 6
Ceremony - 2
Church Service - 0
Concert - 3
Conference - 7
Council Meeting - 1
Dinner - 37
Football - 0
Forum - 3
Funeral - 2
Investiture - 7
Launched - 2
Luncheon - 18
Meeting - 33
Met People - 2
Opened - 24
Other Events - 12
Other Sports - 12
Performance - 2
Polo - 0
Presented Awards - 12
Races - 0
Received - 83
Received by - 10
Reception - 44
Rugby - 0
Military Parade/Salute - 2
Seminar - 5
Tea - 3
Tennis - 3
Unveiled - 3
Viewed - 1
Visit - 102
Gala - 1

Again a huge thanks to Cepe for making this update possible.

Tennis - 3, Rugby - 0. that's a shock, to me. :ohmy:

The Duchess of Gloucester went to the three days of the Davis Cup round between Britain and the US, that Britain won. Despite the high profile that the Duke of Kent has at Wimbledon it is actually the Duchess of Gloucester who attends the most tennis.

The Six Nations are only in the early stages so no doubt one of the young princes or Anne will make an appearance at one of these games soon.

As I now have the final figures for February I am giving you a breakdown of type of engagement by royal. The number in brackets is the total for that type of engagement by that royal for the year. If there is a difference between January and February it is because I did another analysis to include a wider range of activities and reduce the numbers that would appear in 'other'.

HM The Queen: Audience - 10 (10); Council Meeting - 1 (1); Investiture - 1 (1); Luncheon - 4 (4); Met People - 1 (1); Other events - 1 (1); Presented Awards - 2 (5); Received - 14 (18); Reception - 3 (3); Viewed - 1 (1); Visit - 1 (1)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh: Dinner 6 (6); Luncheon 2 (2); Meeting - 1 (1); Presented Awards - 1 (1); Reception - 2 (2); Visit - 1 (1);
HRH The Prince of Wales: Called Upon - 3 (3); Concert - 1 (1); Conference - 1 (1); Dinners - 2 (4); Investiture - 2 (3); Luncheon - 1 (1); Meetings - 6 (11); Met People - 1 (1); Other Events - 1 (1); Presented Awards - 2 (2); Received - 10 (17); Received by 5 (5); Receptions - 5 (8); Seminars - 2 (3); Tea 1 (1); Visits - 14 (21)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall: Concerts - 2 (2); Dinner - 1 (2); Other Events - 1 (1); Received - 4 (6); Reception - 4 (5); Tea - 2 (2); Visits -12 (16);
HRH The Duke of Cambridge: Ceremony - 1 (1); Conference - 2 (2); Reception - 1 (10;
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge: Opened - 1 (1); Reception - 1 (1); Gala - 1 (1);
HRH Prince Henry of Wales: Conference - 1 (1) Forum - 0 (1); Other Events - 1 (1); Other Sports - 0 (1); Visit - 1 (1)
HRH The Duke of York: Called Upon - 0 (1); Dinner - 0 (1); Forum - 0 (2); Investiture - 0 (1); Luncheons - 2 (4); Meetings 4 (4); Opened - 2 (4); Other Event - 0 (1); Performance - 0 (1); Presented Awards - 1 (1); Received - 4 (5); Received by - 0 (3); Reception - 3 (4); Seminar - 0 (1); Unveiled 1 (1); Visit - 8 (11);
HRH The Earl of Wessex: Called Upon - 1 (1); Dinner - 3 (3); Luncheon - 4 (4); Meeting- 2 (3); Opened - 1 (2); Other Events - 1 (1); Performance - 1 (1); Received - 1 (3); Reception - 2 (5); Visits - 3 (5);
HRH The Countess of Wessex: Called Upon - 1 (1); Dinner - 4 (4); Forum - 0 (1); Launched - 0 (1); Luncheon - 2 (3); Meeting - 3 (10); Opened - 1 (2); Other Sports - 3 (3); Received - 1 (2); Reception - 3 (3); Visit - 5 (6);
HRH The Princess Royal: Ceremony - 0 (1); Conference - 1 (3); Dinner - 4 (8); Football 0- 1 (1); Investiture 1 (1); Launched - 1 (1); Luncheon - 0 (1); Meeting - 2 (3); Opened - 8 (16); Other Events 5 (5); Other Sports 4 (4); Presented Awards - 3 (3); Received - 2 (3); Received by - 2 (2); Reception - 6 (8); Seminar - 1 (2); Unveiled - 1 (1); Visits - 14 (24);
Vice Admiral Tim Laurence: Dinner - 2 (3); Luncheon - 0 (1); Other Events - 1 (1); Other Sports - 3 (3); Reception - 3 (3); Unveiled - 1 (1); Visit - 14 (15);
HRH The Duke of Gloucester: Dinner - 0 (1); Luncheon - 1 (1); Meeting - 1 (1); Other Events- 0 (1); Received - 2 (7); Salute/Other Military - 0 (1);
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester: Dinner - 1 (2); Meeting - 1 (1); Received - 5 (9); Reception - 0 (1); Tennis - 2 (3);
HRH The Duke of Kent: Dinner - 3 (3); Luncheon - 1 (1); Other Events - 1 (1); Received - 1 (5); Salute/Other Military - 1 (1); Visits - 1(5);
HRH Prince Michael of Kent: Reception - 1 (1)
HRH Princess Alexandra: Dinner - 1 (1); Funeral - 1 (1); Reception - 0 (2); Visit - 1 (1)

Note: those not listed above have done no engagements so far this year - Beatrice, Eugenie, Katherine, and Marie-Christine.

I would also like to remind people that if there is a difference between the breakdown and the total it is because there are times when an engagement is worded something like: 'HRH aaa visited xxx and then attended a dinner'. When this is at the one venue this is counted as one engagement but in the identification of types of engagement I am identifying both activities.

Sophie seems to have a lot of meetings. Any idea what these are?

Thanks

Last edited:
They are meetings with her various organisations - the CC lists what the meeting is for e.g. 26th February she held a meeting in her position as Colonel-in-Chief of the Corps of Army Music while earlier in the month, on the 14th, she held a meeting as Patron of London College of Fashion.

They are meetings with her various organisations - the CC lists what the meeting is for e.g. 26th February she held a meeting in her position as Colonel-in-Chief of the Corps of Army Music while earlier in the month, on the 14th, she held a meeting as Patron of London College of Fashion.

I've noticed an increase in meetings this year - but that just might be me. I think that it is a great idea because in the past we were really only aware of events and not the work that goes on behind the scenes in talking with their patronages and charities.

I was surprised to read that so I went back to last year to see how many meetings there were in January and February.

This year there have been 33 whereas last year there were 45 so there are actually fewer meetings.

I wonder whether the breakdown I am doing this year is making us more aware of how much is done that isn't shown by the press and so we are being more aware of things like meetings even though there are actually fewer being done.

Total number of engagements is also down compared to last year - 451 last year compared to 431 this year. Charles is down at least 20 engagements and The Queen and Philip are also down. It is Tim who is up - by about 20 compared to last year at this time.

This is of course only February of course with a long way to go.

Weekly update to 6th March, 2014

The pace is stepping up this week, mainly due to Edward and Sophie’s Caribbean trip. Charles had a light week with only 4 engagements while Camilla also had a light week of public, recorded engagements. Most of the rest were doing their bit to show the Firm’s flag around the country. Hopefully the CC is back to normal but once again I wish to publicly acknowledge Cepe’s contribution to this post as she has been watching the CC in the UK and sending me the details if the monarchy website hasn’t updated.

Sorry for the delay this week but I was out all day yesterday and didn’t have the time to do the end of week analysis – same thing will happen next week with the update being published on Sunday not Saturday my time as I have a meeting Friday night and all day Saturday.

HM The Queen - 55 (40 - up 15)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 24 (11 - up 13)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 86 (82 - up 4)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 33 (33 – no change)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 5 (4 – up 1)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 7 (4 – up 3)
HRH The Duke of York - 53 (42 – up 11)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 46 (22 - up 24)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 54 (33 - up 21)
HRH The Princess Royal - 91 (81 - up 10)
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 22 (22 - no change)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 20 (17 – up 3)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 22 (16 – up 6)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 22 (15 – up 7)

The 'league table'

HRH The Princess Royal - 91
HRH The Prince of Wales - 86
HM The Queen – 55
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 54
HRH The Duke of York - 53
HRH The Earl of Wessex – 46
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 33
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 24
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester – 22
HRH The Duke of Kent – 22
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 20
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 7
HRH The Duke of Cambridge – 5

Year to date total - 549 (431 - up 118)

85.5%% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has done 38.8%.
14.4% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
19.3% done by those 70 and above
65.4% are being done by those over 60.
46.9% were done by those in their 60s.
10.0% have been done by The Queen.
15.7% were done by Charles.
6.0% were done by Camilla
48.8% were done by those over retirement age
16.6%% were done by Anne

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to 6th March, 2014

HM The Queen - 21
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 13
HRH The Prince of Wales - 30
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 16
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 5
HRH The Duke of York - 20
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 17
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 21
HRH The Princess Royal - 33
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 15
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 14
HRH The Duke of Kent - 16

Types of Engagements

Audience - 15
Ballet - 0
Called Upon - 8
Ceremony - 4
Church Service - 2
Concert - 5
Conference - 8
Council Meeting - 2
Dinner - 50
Football - 1
Forum - 4
Funeral - 2
Investiture - 8
Launched - 4
Luncheon - 30
Meeting - 36
Met People - 4
Opened - 31
Other Events - 20
Other Sports - 12
Performance - 4
Polo - 0
Presented Awards - 12
Races - 0
Received - 89
Received by - 12
Reception - 57
Rugby - 0
Seminar - 5
Tea - 3
Tennis - 3
Unveiled - 3
Viewed - 6
Visit - 133
Gala - 1

Last edited:
Weekly update to 13th March, 2014

Cepe has again been ensuring that I get the information I need as the CC didn’t both updating the 10th March – the day of the Commonwealth Service.

Most members of the family have been out and about again this week with Beatrice making her first entry into the CC for the year this week – twice – going to the funeral and the Thanksgiving Service. It seems that Philip is back to his pre-operation best but I do hope that he isn't overdoing things.

HM The Queen - 67 (55 - up 12)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 37 (24 - up 13)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 104 (86 - up 18)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 38 (33 - up 5)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 5 (5 - no change)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 9 (7 - up 2)
HRH The Duke of York - 65 (53 – up 12)
HRH Princess Beatrice of York - 2 (0 – up 2)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 50 (46 - up 4)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 61 (54 - up 7)
HRH The Princess Royal - 97 (91 - up 6)
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 23 (22 – up 1)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 27 (20 – up 7)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 24 (22 – up 2)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 28 (22 – up 6)

The 'league table'

HRH The Prince of Wales - 104
HRH The Princess Royal - 97
HM The Queen – 67
HRH The Duke of York - 65
HRH The Countess of Wessex – 61

HRH The Earl of Wessex - 50
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 38
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 37
HRH The Duke of Kent - 28
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 27
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester – 24

Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence – 23
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 9
HRH The Duke of Cambridge – 5

HRH Princess Beatrice of York – 2
HRH The Duchess of Kent – 0

Year to date total - 646 (549 - up 97)

84%% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has done 40.7%.
16.1% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
21.2% done by those 70 and above
66.3% are being done by those over 60.
45.7% were done by those in their 60s.
10.4% have been done by The Queen.
16.1% were done by Charles.
5.9% were done by Camilla
51.2% were done by those over retirement age
15.0%% were done by Anne

This week the number of engagements done by those over retirement age was again over 51% with Anne doing another nearly 15% meaning 66% of all engagements are done by those in their mid-60s or over.

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to 13th March, 2014

HM The Queen - 26
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 18
HRH The Prince of Wales - 34
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 20
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 7
HRH The Duke of York - 24
HRH Princess Beatrice of York - 2
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 18
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 26
HRH The Princess Royal - 38
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 10
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 18
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 16
HRH The Duke of Kent - 19

Types of Engagements

Audience - 17
Ballet - 0
Called Upon - 8
Ceremony - 5
Church Service - 13
Concert - 6
Conference - 8
Council Meeting - 2
Dinner - 53
Football - 1
Forum - 4
Funeral - 6
Investiture - 10
Launched - 4
Luncheon - 34
Meeting - 43
Met People - 6
Opened - 36
Other Events - 25
Other Sports - 12
Performance - 4
Polo - 0
Presented Awards - 13
Races - 2
Received - 109
Received by - 12
Reception - 65
Rugby - 2
Seminar - 5
Tea - 3
Tennis - 3
Unveiled - 6
Viewed - 8
Visit - 152
Gala - 1

Last edited:
Weekly update to 20th March, 2014

A busy week with 116 engagements all up and everyone, except Alexandra out and about. I don’t include those who aren’t officially listed on the CC in that of course.
The engagement that didn’t receive much, if any, coverage was the dinner that was hosted by William, Kate and Harry at BP on the 17th March. I didn’t see anything but others may have done.

HM The Queen - 82 (67 - up 15)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 44 (37 - up 7)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 117 (104 - up 13)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 45 (38 - up 7)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 8 (5 – up 3)
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 5 (3 – up 2)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 10 (9 – up 1)
HRH The Duke of York - 82 (65 – up 17)
HRH Princess Beatrice of York - 2 (2 – no change)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 60 (50 - up 10)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 70 (61 - up 9)
HRH The Princess Royal - 111 (97 - up 14)
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 25 (23 – up 2)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 33 (27 – up 6)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 27 (24 – up 3)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 35 (28 – up 7)

The 'league table'

HRH The Prince of Wales - 117
HRH The Princess Royal - 111
HM The Queen – 82
HRH The Duke of York - 82
HRH The Countess of Wessex – 70
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 60
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 45
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 44
HRH The Duke of Kent - 35
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 33
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester – 27
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence – 25
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 10
HRH The Duke of Cambridge – 8
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge – 5

Year to date total - 762 (646 - up 116)

83.5% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has done 40.8%.
16.5% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
21.8% done by those 70 and above
66.6% are being done by those over 60.
44.4% were done by those in their 60s.
10.7% have been done by The Queen.
15.3% were done by Charles.
51.0% were done by those over retirement age
14.6%% were done by Anne

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to 20th March, 2014

HM The Queen - 30
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 23
HRH The Prince of Wales - 39
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 23
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 6
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 4
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 8
HRH The Duke of York - 30
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 21
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 30
HRH The Princess Royal - 43
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 12
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 21
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 18
HRH The Duke of Kent - 24

Types of Engagements

Audience - 23
Ballet - 0
Called Upon - 8
Ceremony - 6
Church Service - 13
Concert - 7
Conference - 8
Council Meeting - 2
Dinner - 65
Football - 1
Forum - 4
Funeral - 6
Investiture - 12
Launched - 5
Luncheon - 40
Meeting - 51
Met People - 10
Opened - 52
Other Events - 25
Other Sports - 12
Performance - 7
Polo - 0
Presented Awards - 19
Races - 3
Received - 126
Received by - 12
Reception - 77
Rugby - 4
Military Parade/Salute - 3
Seminar - 5
Tea - 3
Tennis - 3
Unveiled - 6
Viewed - 10
Visit - 172
Gala – 1
Visited by - 1

I have added the 'Visited by' type of engagement because it was The Queen who was 'visited by' the President of Bulgaria.

It's disappointing to see the Cambridges still so low down the league table.

Check back in a month after their tour. Their numbers will be higher then.

It's disappointing to see the Cambridges still so low down the league table.

Skippyboo Check back in a month after their tour. Their numbers will be higher then.

I agree with Skippyboo

As she has only just employed a full time nanny and he is on a 10 week course at Cambridge which started in January, it isnt a surprise.

Plus image all the clothing that has to get sorted out for 3 weeks on tour. You have Kate wearing multiple outfits in a day, William's clothes and all of George's baby stuff plus studying about the local culture and background of the places they are visiting.

Weekly update to 27th March, 2014

Another week which saw most of the royals undertaking official duties. Those who didn’t were William, Kate, Harry and Alexandra amongst those who have their own listing on the CC (we all know that HRH The Duchess of Kent has retired and so I don’t put her in that category).

HM The Queen - 95 (82 - up 13)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 53 (44 - up 9)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 130 (117 - up 13)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 50 (45 - up 5)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 8 (8 – no change)
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 5 (5 – no change)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 10 (10 – no change)
HRH The Duke of York - 85 (82 – up 3)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 69 (60 - up 9)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 82 (70 - up 12)
HRH The Princess Royal - 125 (111 - up 14)
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 26 (25 – up 1)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 38 (33 – up 5)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 33 (27 – up 6)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 38 (35 – up 3)

The 'league table'

HRH The Prince of Wales - 130
HRH The Princess Royal - 125
HM The Queen – 95
HRH The Duke of York - 85
HRH The Countess of Wessex – 82

HRH The Earl of Wessex - 69
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 53

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 50
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 38
HRH The Duke of Kent - 38
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester – 33

Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence – 26
HRH The Duke of Cambridge – 8

Year to date total - 855 (762 - up 93)

83.6% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has done 41.1%.
17.3% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
22.3% done by those 70 and above
66.4% are being done by those over 60.
44.6% were done by those in their 60s.
11.1% have been done by The Queen.
15.2% were done by Charles.
51.8% were done by those over retirement age
14.6%% were done by Anne

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to 27th March, 2014

HM The Queen - 34
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 28
HRH The Prince of Wales - 44
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 25
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 6
HRH The Duke of York - 32
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 24
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 33
HRH The Princess Royal - 48
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 13
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 25
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 22
HRH The Duke of Kent - 27

Types of Engagements

Audience - 26
Ballet - 0
Called Upon - 8
Ceremony - 6
Church Service - 14
Concert - 7
Conference - 16
Council Meeting - 2
Dinner - 71
Football - 1
Forum - 4
Funeral - 6
Investiture - 15
Launched - 5
Luncheon - 45
Meeting - 60
Met People - 13
Opened - 59
Other Events - 29
Other Sports - 13
Performance - 9
Polo - 0
Presented Awards - 19
Races - 3
Received - 141
Received by - 12
Reception - 89
Rugby - 4
Military Parade/Salute - 3
Seminar - 5
Tea - 3
Tennis - 3
Unveiled - 7
Viewed - 14
Visit - 190
Gala – 1
Visited by – 1
Toured - 4

As I now have the final figures for March I am giving you a breakdown of total of each type of engagement by royal to this point in the year. The number in brackets is the total for that type of engagement by that royal for the year while the number not in brackets is the total for March e.g. The Queen had 16 Audiences in March and has done 26 Audiences so far this year.

Where there is a 0 outside the brackets it means that that royal did none of that type of engagement in March but that they have already done at least one of that type of engagement this year.

HM The Queen: Audience - 16 (26); Church Service - 1 (1); Council Meeting - 1 (2); Funeral - 1 (1); Investiture - 6 (8); Luncheon - 3 (7); Met People - 4 (5); Opened - 1 (1); Other events - 2 (3); Performance - 2 (2); Presented Awards - 1 (6); Received - 15 (33); Reception - 4 (7); Unveiled - 1 (1); Viewed - 5 (6); Visit - 4 (5); Visited by - 1 (1); Toured - 2 (2)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh:Church Service - 1 (1); Concert - 1 (1); Dinner 3 (9); Funeral - 1 (1); Luncheon 4 (6); Meeting - 0 (1); Met People - 5 (5); Opened - 2 (2); Other Events - 1 (1); Performance -2 (2); Presented Awards - 0 (1); Reception - 10 (12); Unveiled - 2 (2); Viewed - 4 (4); Visit - 5 (6);
HRH The Prince of Wales: Called Upon - 0 (3); Church Service - 2 (2); Concert - 0 (1); Conference - 0 (1); Dinners - 3 (7); Investiture - 2 (5); Luncheon - 0 (1); Meetings - 7 (18); Met People - 1 (2); Opened - 1 (1); Other Events - 0 (1); Other Sports - 0 (1); Presented Awards - 1 (3); Received - 16 (40); Received by - 0 (5); Receptions - 8 (16); Seminars - 0 (2); Tea - 0 (1); Viewed - 2 (2); Visits - 4 (25)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall: Church Service - 2 (2); Concerts - 0 (2); Dinner - 0 (2); Met People - 1 (1); Opened - 3 (3); Other Events - 0 (1); Races - 1 (1); Received - 1 (7); Reception - 3 (8); Tea - 0 (2); Viewed - 1 (1); Visits -6 (22);
HRH The Duke of Cambridge: Ceremony - 0 (1); Conference - 0 (2); Dinner - 1 (1); Investiture - 1 (1); Presented Awards - 1 (1); Reception - 0 (1); Unveiled - 1 (1); Visit - 1 (1);
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge: Dinner - 1 (1); Opened - 0 (1); Presented Awards - 1 (1); Reception - 0 (1); Gala - 0 (1);
HRH Prince Henry of Wales: Ceremony - 1 (1); Church Service - 1 (1); Conference - 0 (1) Dinner - 1 (2); Launched - 1 (1); Other Events - 1 (2); Other Sports - 0 (1); Received - 1 (1); Reception - 1 (1); Visit - 0 (1);
HRH The Duke of York: Called Upon - 0 (1); Ceremony - 1 (1); Church Service - 1 (1); Dinner - 6 (7); Forum - 0 (2); Funeral - 0 (1); Investiture - 0 (1); Launched - 2 (2); Luncheons - 2 (6); Meetings - 3 (7); Opened - 9 (14); Other Event - 2 (3); Performance - 0 (1); Presented Awards - 1 (1); Received - 8 (13); Received by - 0 (3); Reception - 2 (6); Salute/Other Military - 2 (2); Seminar - 0 (1); Unveiled - 0 (1); Visit - 14 (25); Visited by - 1 (1);
HRH Princess Beatrice of York: Church Service - 1 (1); Funeral - 1 (1)
HRH The Earl of Wessex: Called Upon - 1 (2); Church Service - 1 (1); Concert - 1 (1); Dinner - 6 (9); Luncheon - 3 (7); Meeting- 7 (10); Opened - 5 (7); Other Events - 3 (4); Performance - 1 (2); Received - 0 (3); Received by - 1 (1); Reception - 0 (5); Visits - 19 (24);
HRH The Countess of Wessex: Called Upon - 1 (2); Church Service - 2 (2); Dinner - 6 (10); Forum - 0 (1); Funeral - 1 (1); Launched - 0 (1); Luncheon - 5 (8); Meeting - 6 (16); Opened - 3 (5); Other Events - 2 (2); Other Sports - 0 (3); Performance - 1 (1); Received - 1 (3); Received by - 1 (1); Reception - 1 (4); Visit - 24 (30);
HRH The Princess Royal: Ceremony - 2 (3); Church Service - 1 (1); Conference - 9 (12); Dinner - 4 (12); Football - 0 (1); Forum - 1 (1); Investiture - 0 (1); Launched - 0 (1); Luncheon - 1 (2); Meeting - 3 (6); Opened - 1 (17); Other Events - 1(6); Other Sports - 0 (4); Presented Awards - 2 (5); Races - 3 (3); Received - 5 (8); Received by - 0 (2); Reception - 7 (15); Rugby - 2 (2); Seminar - 0 (2); Unveiled - 1 (2); Viewed - 1 (1); Visits - 2 (27);
Vice Admiral Tim Laurence: Dinner - 0 (3); Luncheon - 0 (1); Other Events - 0 (1); Other Sports - 0 (3); Reception - 2 (5); Rugby - 2 (2); Unveiled - 0 (1); Visit - 0 (15);
HRH The Duke of Gloucester: Conference - 1 (1); Dinner - 1 (2); Luncheon - 2 (3); Meeting - 0 (1); Opened - 4 (4); Other Events- 2 (3); Performance - 1 (1); Presented Awards - 1 (1); Received - 4 (11); Reception - 3 (3); Salute/Other Military - 0 (1); Visit - 5 (5);
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester: Church Service - 1 (1); Dinner - 1 (3); Luncheon - 1 (1); Meeting - 1 (2); Opened - 3 (3); Other Events - 1 (1); Other Sports - 1 (1); Performance - 1 (1); Received - 1 (10); Reception - 2 (3); Tennis - 0 (3); Unveiled - 1 (1); Visit - 4 (4);
HRH The Duke of Kent: Church Service - 1 (1); Concert - 1 (1); Dinner - 2 (5); Launched - 1 (1); Luncheon - 2 (3); Opened - 5 (5); Other Events - 0 (1); Received - 2 (7); Reception - 1 (1); Salute/Other Military - 0 (1); Visits - 7 (12);
HRH Prince Michael of Kent: Reception - 0 (1)
HRH Princess Alexandra: Dinner - 0 (1); Funeral - 0 (1); Received - 0 (1); Reception - 0 (1); Visit - 0 (1)

Note: those not listed above have done no engagements so far this year - Eugenie, Katherine, and Marie-Christine.

I would also like to remind people that if there is a difference between the breakdown and the total it is because there are times when an engagement is worded something like: 'HRH aaa visited xxx and then attended a dinner'. When this is at the one venue this is counted as one engagement but in the identification of types of engagement I am identifying both activities.

I charted some of Iluvberties data in Excel. Thanks for the data Iluvbertie.

Here is what number of days on engagements looks like so far.
There is a lot of data here so bigger is better when you view it.

Attachments

• engagementdaysthrough32014.doc
    166.5 KB · Views: 112
Weekly update to 3rd April, 2014

Once again most of the royals were out and about with The Queen undertaking her first overseas tour since 2011 – the one day, three event, visit to Rome and the Vatican with Philip. I found it interesting to see the way the Vatican visit was referenced in the CC -
Her Majesty and His Royal Highness afterwards visited The Sovereign of the State of the Vatican City (His Holiness Pope Francis). I assume that they included the section in brackets in case people didn’t know who The Sovereign of the State of the Vatican City was.
Charles and Camilla also had a visit to Northern Ireland, although there was limited coverage of course.

HM The Queen - 102 (95 - up 7)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 59 (53 - up 6)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 145 (130 - up 15)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 57 (50 - up 7)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 10 (8 – up 2)
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 5 (5 – no change)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 10 (10 – no change)
HRH The Duke of York - 97 (85 – up 12)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 79 (69 - up 10)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 88 (82 - up 8)
HRH The Princess Royal - 138 (125 - up 13)
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 26 (26 – no change)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 43 (38 – up 5)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 33 (33 – no change)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 44 (38 – up 6)

The 'league table'

HRH The Prince of Wales - 145
HRH The Princess Royal - 138
HM The Queen – 102
HRH The Duke of York - 97
HRH The Countess of Wessex – 88

HRH The Earl of Wessex - 79
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 59

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 57
HRH The Duke of Kent – 44

HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 43
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester – 33

Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence – 26
HRH The Duke of Cambridge – 10

Year to date total - 944 (855 - up 89)

83.8% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
17.1% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
22.2% done by those 70 and above
66.4% are being done by those over 60.
44.6% were done by those in their 60s.
10.8% have been done by The Queen.
15.4% were done by Charles.
6.0% were done by Camilla
51.8% were done by those over retirement age
14.6%% were done by Anne

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to 3rd April, 2014

HM The Queen - 38
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 31
HRH The Prince of Wales - 48
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 29
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 7
HRH The Duke of York - 36
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 29
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 36
HRH The Princess Royal - 53
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 13
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 28
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 22
HRH The Duke of Kent - 30

Types of Engagements

Audience - 26
Ballet - 0
Called Upon - 8
Ceremony - 6
Church Service - 15
Concert - 7
Conference - 18
Council Meeting - 2
Dinner - 81
Football - 1
Forum - 4
Funeral - 6
Investiture - 17
Launched - 6
Luncheon - 48
Meeting - 67
Met People - 13
Opened - 63
Other Events - 34
Other Sports - 13
Performance - 10
Polo - 0
Presented Awards - 19
Races – 5
Received - 150
Received by - 14
Reception - 93
Rugby - 4
Military Parade/Salute - 4
Seminar - 6
Tea - 3
Tennis - 3
Unveiled - 10
Viewed - 15
Visit - 226
Gala – 1

Visited by – 2
Toured - 4

I charted some of Iluvberties data in Excel. Thanks for the data Iluvbertie.

Here is what number of days on engagements looks like so far.
There is a lot of data here so bigger is better when you view it.

Love your work here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom