British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I was able to see pictures and videos on twitter of the Cambridge’s leaving but none of Beatrice. I’m assuming they’ve all been taken down.

Here's a video of The Princess Royal & Duchess of Cambridge from todays visit

How nice that they did a joint visit!

I think it was a great idea to do a combined visit to two patronages who were also working together.

I know the working BRF is spread thin but it would be nice to see this happening more often where appropriate.

Also as an aside this has been a busy day for both the York sisters in their patronages and Non profit works with Eugenie announcing and debuting a weekly podcast and Beatrice and Edo being in Sweden for the Dyslexia Assembly, good to see them active.

Princess Anne, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Countess of Wessex and Prince Michael of Kent attended a service for late Lord and Lady Vestey at St Paul's Knightsbridge today, May 4:

** Twitter post **

Princess Anne, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Countess of Wessex and Prince Michael of Kent attended a service for late Lord and Lady Vestey at St Paul's Knightsbridge today, May 4:
** Twitter post **

Reminding myself who Lord and Lady Vestey were.
Lord Vestey was a former chairman of the Cheltenham Racecourse and Master of the Horse, and was appointed a Lord-in-Waiting to Her Majesty in August 2019. Lady Vestey was one of Prince Harry's six godparents. The couple attended his wedding to Meghan Markle in May 2018, as well as Prince William and Kate Middleton's marriage in 2011.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-Britains-richest-men-Samuel-Vestey-died.html

The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Anne, the Duke of Kent and Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attended the first of this year's Buckingham Palace Garden Parties this afternoon, May 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** video ** pa images gallery **

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
What a shame the weather wasn't too good for the first garden party :previous:

Last edited:
Great to see her out again for an official outing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Queen really didn't look impressed when Edward told her his Oyster was on his cellphone -

pic 66934629

Last edited:
Its really wonderful to see the queen out and about again!

One more video from today as Earl of Wessex takes a front seat for the first official journey on the Elizabeth Line after he joined his mother the Queen in opening the newest branch of the London Underground at Paddington station.

Lovely to see HM out and about, especially on a visit out of Windsor. She looks great! I hope most of her future visits are like this and we'll just be able to enjoy the surprise of her turning up when she feels able.

I hear royal attendance at the garden party today will be led by Catherine, supported by Edward & Sophie, and Princess Alexandra. Prince William is meant to be in Staffordshire on an engagement.

Last edited:
I hear royal attendance at the garden party today will be led by Catherine, supported by Edward & Sophie, and Princess Alexandra. Prince William is meant to be in Staffordshire on an engagement.

I imagine we will have to wait for the Court Circular to confirm which royal was the host of the party, but seeing as the Princess Royal took precedence over the Duchess of Cambridge at their recent joint engagement, it would be natural for the Duchess of Cambridge to also give way to the Earl of Wessex when the Duke of Cambridge is not present.

Catherine attended the royal garden party without Prince William.

Princess Anne as Commandant-in-Chief (Youth), the Duke of Gloucester as Grand Prior of the Order of St John and the Countess of Wessex as Grand President of St John Ambulance hosted a dinner to celebrate the work of St John Ambulance at Windsor Castle yesterday evening:

** Pic **

I imagine we will have to wait for the Court Circular to confirm which royal was the host of the party, but seeing as the Princess Royal took precedence over the Duchess of Cambridge at their recent joint engagement, it would be natural for the Duchess of Cambridge to also give way to the Earl of Wessex when the Duke of Cambridge is not present.

According to the court Circular (On the royal.uk site) The Earl of Wessex, on behalf of the Queen, and the Countess of Wessex, gave an afternoon party in the garden of Buckingham Palace, The Duchess of Cambridge and Princess Alexandra were also present.

:previous: Yes, I was wondering about the way the headlines were running and that makes so much more sense. Prince Edward is a Prince of the Blood as is Princess Alexandra. Having Edward, Sophie and Alexandra presented as Catherines's backup group was a bit rude.

This Jubilee Year is all about The Queen and her family and not Catherine and the also-rans. The media and royal reporters really need to get it right on such auspicious occasions and I find the elevation of Catherine to the star demeaning especially when HM is unable to host many of the scheduled previous engagements.

:previous: Yes, I was wondering about the way the headlines were running and that makes so much more sense. Prince Edward is a Prince of the Blood as is Princess Alexandra. Having Edward, Sophie and Alexandra presented as Catherines's backup group was a bit rude.

This Jubilee Year is all about The Queen and her family and not Catherine and the also-rans. The media and royal reporters really need to get it right on such auspicious occasions and I find the elevation of Catherine to the star demeaning especially when HM is unable to host many of the scheduled previous engagements.
Well, theoratically Catherine could have been "appointed" principle hostess at this event, too. This has nothing to do with "Prince of the Blood". If that would play any role, Edward and Alexandra would have lead this invitation to BP (Pcss Alexandra was in fact so "invisible", I haven´t seen any footage of her at this event so far....The reason for that is of course by the media who decide who´ll be covered and who is not. And obviously elderly cousins of HM in the back rows of the monarchy are not of particular interest these days...).
In fact, they didn´t, but obviously, as someone claimed, it was Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex.

Before I read this thread, I thought it was an "equal rights" host/ess occasion, just doing this engagement together. Well, now we have what we so often see on royal forums in the net: the usual discussion about who is "more important" than the other one... I think this says much more about us, the "royal watchers" than the Royals themselves...!
You can say what you want, but as Pr. William´s wife, after Camilla, Cath. Cambridge will be the next Queen after her and by that will always play a prominent part in and for the royal family. And yes, the Jubilee will be about the Queen and her family - which also the Dchss of Cambridge, Sophie Wessex or Sir Timothy Lawrence are part of - and I´m very certain The Queen also regards them as such!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom