British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I didn't expect to see the queen attending the Easter Sunday service but I'm sure the family will be out enforce.

It is no change in position from now - HM is said to be in good health generally but having mobility issues. She hasn't been attending church in her usual way for some time - there have been no pictures of her visiting church outside the Castle as she often use to. Likely she's been using the private chapel inside the Castle. The Easter Sunday service is a tradition but not really a state duty, if Philip's memorial was in question I'm not surprised she isn't attending St George's on Easter Sunday.

On a side note it's being reported Charles and Camilla will be at Birkhall for Easter - they are attending Maundy Thursday at Windsor now so I assume will fly up after. I hope the Cambridge's still attend on Sunday, if nothing else to see HM. I suspect Anne and the Wessex's will attend.

It is no change in position from now - HM is said to be in good health generally but having mobility issues. She hasn't been attending church in her usual way for some time - there have been no pictures of her visiting church outside the Castle as she often use to. Likely she's been using the private chapel inside the Castle. The Easter Sunday service is a tradition but not really a state duty, if Philip's memorial was in question I'm not surprised she isn't attending St George's on Easter Sunday.

On a side note it's being reported Charles and Camilla will be at Birkhall for Easter - they are attending Maundy Thursday at Windsor now so I assume will fly up after. I hope the Cambridge's still attend on Sunday, if nothing else to see HM. I suspect Anne and the Wessex's will attend.

Charles and CAmilla aere usually at Birkhall for WEaster, so no surprise there. I do hope that William and Catherine are present, and lead the family to church, and hopefully, Easter lunch with the Queen at the castle.

Charles and Camilla are always at Birkhall for Easter. Charles spends more time in Scotland than any other royal - about 2 - 3 weeks over New Year, 2 - 4 weeks about now, and then 2 months over the summer (so about 4 months a year to the Queen's 2 months and everyone else's week or so).

I think that the term "tour" is a bit old-fashioned at this point to describe a royal visit to a country or region. It seems condescending to the places and people being visited.

A nice family turn out for the Easter day Service at St. George's Chapel in Windsor.

Last edited:
Who were the couple at the very back, the lady with the grey coat and hat and her partner?

Was that Margarita Armstrong Jones walking in beside Lady Sarah Chatto? I thought I saw her brother walking in with Sarah’s sons? No idea who the couple at the back is.

:previous:
Other Video:

It was nice to be able to see Prince George and Princess Charlotte at this event today. :flowers:

Last edited:
Did Peter bring his new girlfriend with him? There was a woman walking next to him...

Did Peter bring his new girlfriend with him? There was a woman walking next to him...

Eugenie was walking with Peter.

Was that Margarita Armstrong Jones walking in beside Lady Sarah Chatto? I thought I saw her brother walking in with Sarah’s sons? No idea who the couple at the back is.

I thought it was Margarita. It would make sense. No I don’t know who the couple at the back are. The lady was short and had long dark hair like the Countess of St Andrews but that wasn’t her husband.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was Princess Eugenie.

Thanks. I only saw her from the side. Great that she was able to attend.

I thought it was Margarita. It would make sense. No I don’t know who the couple at the back are. The lady was short and had long dark hair like the Countess of St Andrews but that wasn’t her husband.

Yes, my guess is also Margarita for the young lady in the back. Could the couple in the back be Marina Ogilvy with a new partner? Or maybe a relative of prince Philip who wasn't able to attend the service in the Abbey?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anybody notice if Anne was there, ?

I suspect Anne & Tim, Beatrice & Edo, Andrew and a few others attended the private service with HM at Windsor, whilst the rest attended the service at St George's.

Thanks. I only saw her from the side. Great that she was able to attend.

Yes, my guess is also Margarita for the young lady in the back. Could the couple in the back be Marina Ogilvy with a new partner? Or maybe a relative of prince Philip who wasn't able to attend the service in the Abbey?

Margarita was there in a brown patterned dress I am referring to the couple at the very back behind her.

So lovely to see the family today. Fantastic to see most grandchildren and all the great grandchildren old enough to attend. And Margaret’s family too. Precious.

So lovely to see the family today. Fantastic to see most grandchildren and all the great grandchildren old enough to attend. And Margaret’s family too. Precious.

We seem to be seeing the young Viscount Linley and his sister more - which is lovely.

A nice family turn out for the Easter day Service at St. George's Chapel in Windsor.

Yes it was lovely to see the Cambridges, Wessexes, Phillips, Tindalls and Snowdons there today attending the Easter Service at St. George's Chapel.:flowers:

Why they didn't bring Prince Louis?
Also I missed Princess Beatrice, wasn't she there?
They were all gorgeous. Lady Louise grown-up so much and turned to a gorgeous young lady.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

I suspect they didn't take Louis as he is deemed 'too young'. If he went to this service he would be younger then either George or Charlotte were when they made their first appearance at a similar service (Christmas 2019). I think it will be another year or so before he attends a Church service like this. I remember that James was closer to 10 than 4 before he attended.

How lovely that they spend the weekend together at Windsor Castle. And good to see Wolfie included as well.

Several members of the family were pictured leaving Windsor Castle after the Easter weekend:

** dm article: The playful Prince! Adorable moment mischievous Prince Louis danced around outside Windsor Castle ..**
I wonder if the article has been removed. This link goes to the home page and I skimmed the UK tab and don't see the article.

ETA:
If anyone is able to access the article from the DM or a similar one from a different (non-sketchy) site, will you please post a link. Thanks.

Last edited:
:previous: I guess they received a letter telling them to immediately remove it from their website. After all, it included footage of a private moment* (video and photos) taken by a visitor of Windsor Castle (the article mentioned it was by someone from Rochester, so I guess a visitor).

*More precisely, footage of two different moments as the Cambridges left earlier than the Mapelli Mozzi family.

Last edited:
It was still online about 10.minutes ago. The children are entitled to privacy , Beatrice has never issued a photograph of her daughter and the babies face could be seen in the footage.

I wonder if the article has been removed. This link goes to the home page and I skimmed the UK tab and don't see the article.

ETA:
If anyone is able to access the article from the DM or a similar one from a different (non-sketchy) site, will you please post a link. Thanks.

There are still plenty of tweets around with videos of Beatrice and family and the Cambridge's loading up their respective cars to leave Windsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom