British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't they too big for the gown anyway?
No. Eugenie wore the original as 9 month old baby and the gown was kept open in the back. No doubt that the replica one was made to accommodate older infants too.

But wasn't the original gown damaged because at 9 months...which is rather late for a BRF christening...it was too small a fit even with the back left unbuttoned?

I remember reading that is when the original was retired and a replica made.

I'm really glad this whole thing wasn't just a rumour and that HM was indeed able to attend. I hope everyone had a lovely day.

I can't tell if that's Kate in the car with Peter but it might be.

I'm assuming Lindsay Wallace (next to Peter) and Cressida Bonas were probably godparents.

I hope Eugenie does post a couple of pictures in the next few days.

Interesting that Lindsay Wallace, whom Peter visited in March, is now seen in a car with him attending a family christening. As a family friend, she could be one of the godparents of Lucas I suppose.

But wasn't the original gown damaged because at 9 months...which is rather late for a BRF christening...it was too small a fit even with the back left unbuttoned?

I remember reading that is when the original was retired and a replica made.

No, it was simply fragile because it was over 150 years old. Eugenie wore it in 1990. Lady Louise Windsor was the last wearer of the original Victorian gown and she was born in 2003. By the time her brother James was born Angela Kelly had made the replica.

Did Lena Tindall wear the Angela Kelly replica gown ?

She was baptized when she was 11 months old, so if she did, its definitely made to be flexible in size...

How lovely to have a joint family Christening.
A joyous celebratory occasion so near the 74th Wedding Anniversary of the Queen and the late Philip.
Very sweet that both boys have Philip as a middle name.

How far from the Queen's residence is this chapel?

It is about 5 miles. It is in the grounds of Royal Lodge and that is 5 miles from Windsor Castle, where the Queen is currently living. She often goes there to worship when she stays at Windsor.

Interesting that Lindsay Wallace, whom Peter visited in March, is now seen in a car with him attending a family christening. As a family friend, she could be one of the godparents of Lucas I suppose.

It's possible that they're together but the article I read emphasised that she and Zara had been friends since school which is why I thought godparent. Although they did mention that she and Peter "are pictured together for the first time." So...

Wonder if they had a celebratory meal after the christenings at Frogmore House, or possibly, Windsor?

Posts about the BBC documentary 'The Princes and the Press' have been moved to the Electronic Domain of the Royal Library. You can find the thread here.

Last edited:
I have no idea if this has been answered, but is there any indication if the Diplomatic Reception will be held this year?

I have no idea if this has been answered, but is there any indication if the Diplomatic Reception will be held this year?

Until the appearance of the Onicron variant, I would have expected the reception to take place. Difficult to tell how the regulations and government guidance may now evolve.

Until the appearance of the Onicron variant, I would have expected the reception to take place. Difficult to tell how the regulations and government guidance may now evolve.

Yes I was thinking as much myself earlier.

We will have to wait and see I guess.

If it does I doubt that The Queen would attend - Charles and Camilla, William and Catherine only but I suspect that it will not be held due to the new variant.

I was just wondering if this too would be cancelled :previous:

Tim Laurence and the Earl of Snowdon were seen driving together near the Sandringham estate yesterday, January 30:

** rex gallery **

Tim Laurence and the Earl of Snowdon were seen driving together near the Sandringham estate yesterday, January 30:

** rex gallery **

Great. It is so rare to see members of the BRF is a nice sports car these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom