The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-03-2020, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Georgeís trousers are Black Watch Tartan. Charles is Royal Commander of the Regiment (as Duke of Rothesay).
Glad George is allowed to wear trousers for formal photos and no longer appears in shorts

Old 01-03-2020, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I donít understand where the picture comes from, no royal blogger claimed to be releasing it first. Itís just a shame. Iím glad the RF released it.

I was surprised to be reminded that this is only the second portrait of the three heirs. For some reason I could have sworn there was more.
It is at least the third-there was the Christening photo in 2013 and the postage stamp photo in 2016.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Glad George is allowed to wear trousers for formal photos and no longer appears in shorts
Agreed, but they really donít go with that shirt. Long trousers say Iím growing up but that shirt says Iím a little boy. Maybe a plain open neck shirt under a pullover - informal I know but the look in that photo is just odd.

Georgeís outfit aside itís a lovely photo.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Courtier

The two photos are gorgeous to see together.
The modern day one has personality and warmth. The older photo has lasted well. It's still very clear.

I wonder whether any photos of the Queen's father were ever taken (maybe on his Christening day) with his father, grandfather and Queen Victoria? George VI would have been five when his great grandmother died.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

There was certainly a picture taken of Queen Victoria with Edward VII, George V and Edward VIII.

As they didn't expect that the second son would become the King maybe they didn't bother having such a picture.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
There was certainly a picture taken of Queen Victoria with Edward VII, George V and Edward VIII.

As they didn't expect that the second son would become the King maybe they didn't bother having such a picture.
There are at least one picture with Queen Victoria, Edward VII, George V, George VI taken at George's christening. Heir or not, Queen Victoria had innumerable photographs taken of herself together with her many descendants.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

What would be a fantastic family picture is on with The Queen, Charles and Camilla with his sons and spouses. That’s a picture I’m dying to get.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-04-2020, 04:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
What would be a fantastic family picture is on with The Queen, Charles and Camilla with his sons and spouses. Thatís a picture Iím dying to get.
Iíd rather have an updated version of the 2007 family photo.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:38 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Iíd rather have an updated version of the 2007 family photo.
Hardly going to happen now that Andrewís disgraced.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think the message is very clear - the monarch and her three heirs are the future and, other than for personal milestones, I wouldn't expect to see any 'staged' pictures that aren't of these four. These are the future of the monarchy.

If the rumours that Charles wants a smaller royal family - that doesn't include siblings then, at some point that will also mean Harry is out.

Given the Andrew situation I can see them further restricting the 'working royals' to just the heir and spouse in each generation (four working royals in total).
Old 01-04-2020, 06:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Court View Post
Hardly going to happen now that Andrewís disgraced.
Why? Heís part of the family isnít he?

Quote:
I think the message is very clear - the monarch and her three heirs are the future and, other than for personal milestones, I wouldn't expect to see any 'staged' pictures that aren't of these four. These are the future of the monarchy.

If the rumours that Charles wants a smaller royal family - that doesn't include siblings then, at some point that will also mean Harry is out.

Given the Andrew situation I can see them further restricting the 'working royals' to just the heir and spouse in each generation (four working royals in total).

I disagree. To me this is just a picture of the 3 heirs. Signifies nothing other than that.

However if it, does happen, then I highly anticipate the royal popularity and visibility to cause real issues. A four person working royal family just isnít going to cut the muster for the UK and the commonwealth. Even Iíll be questioning why we have them if thatís the case.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
What would be a fantastic family picture is on with The Queen, Charles and Camilla with his sons and spouses. That’s a picture I’m dying to get.
As opposed to her other children and their families. I think they have done it right in recent years. The entire family, just her children, the little ones or her heirs. There is no reason for Camilla, Kate, Meghan or indeed Harry now to be in any released photo that doesn't include the whole family. Her own children in law do not appear in official photos with her and neither have her youngest sons in offer 10 years. I mean the picture with Archie was a moment. I don't think we will see the same again.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Harry is going to be needed for at least another 20 to 25 years minimum if not longer. The Cambridge kids won't (assuming they even work full time) be available really until that range.

The BRF did almost 4000 engagements this past year. In the next 10 years or less you are going to see a big reduction in family workers. So either Charles gets rid of a lot of engagements (for the working family) or he uses what he has.

Charles
Camilla
William
Catherine
Harry
Meghan
Anne
Edward
Sophie
Andrew (if he's ever allowed to come back full time)

Charles/Camilla, Anne are getting up there in years. Andrew/Sophie and Andrew aren't that far behind them.

LaRae
Old 01-04-2020, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

We rarely get official photos anyway to be honest, especially with wider family. The last one I can think of with more than a few people was the one of the great-grandchildren, Louise and James which was for her 90th birthday. Interestingly then she was photographed with Anne in one but none of her sons, I wonder how or why they choose certain compositions of people. Obviously this one is to show the future of the monarchy. It does also explain why they were so dressed up for the Christmas pudding video.

The discussion about the future working royals has been had so many times in the future of the royal family thread and yes if they still want to do close to 3,000 engagements a year they will need a similar number of working royals but tbh I am not certain they will operate in that way in the future and it may well be a case of "less is more". I wonder if they may think that these days with social media, the internet etc you don't necessarily need as many royals to visit every part of the country all the time as you needed three decades ago or so where if a place didn't get a visit from a royal the question could be asked what are the royals actually doing. Now everyone can see and hear what they are up to all the time. Anyway again this is a discussion for elsewhere.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:37 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Why? Heís part of the family isnít he?
Oh please.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:06 PM
Commoner

Royal Ohotos

If this is in wrong spot please move.

A number of news reports have be saying that the recent 4 generation photo is only the second time this has happened. Reporters are saying the recent Christmas photo and the 90th birthday photo of the 4 generations of HM POW DOC and Prince George are it.

Has everyone forgotten the beautiful christening photo of the family with the DOC holding baby George. I remember the QV photo of her heirs with QV holding he baby, so I have always liked the photo of William holding baby George. So in my book, there have been three photos released of the 4 generations. This doesn't mean there haven't been many more private family ones taken. I personally hope each ggc has his/her own photo of the 4 generations.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

This is in the wrong place, and will get moved however it looks like royal reporters arenít considering the Christening photo in the same vein as the other two because the Christening was its own event. The two other photos were specifically done for the generational purpose.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

https://twitter.com/delmody/status/1...005295104?s=21

The Queen attending church today, Peter Philips is also on the estate.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
https://twitter.com/delmody/status/1...005295104?s=21

The Queen attending church today, Peter Philips is also on the estate.
I've always wondered why we never see the Kents and Gloucesters spending a couple of days at Sandringham or Balmoral with the Queen. She spends weeks on these estates and we see a lot of unknown people at the church services but never her cousins. OK you get the odd time when Lady Helen or Princess Alexandra pop up but there dosn't seem to be a routine of the extended family getting invites which I find rather odd.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I've always wondered why we never see the Kents and Gloucesters spending a couple of days at Sandringham or Balmoral with the Queen. She spends weeks on these estates and we see a lot of unknown people at the church services but never her cousins. OK you get the odd time when Lady Helen or Princess Alexandra pop up but there dosn't seem to be a routine of the extended family getting invites which I find rather odd.

Or we just never see them, church on a Sunday during this time period is the only chance we get to see what family are visiting. If they donít want to attend church, we would never know they were there.

Tags
british royal family, current events