British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's wonderful. I'm seeing my sister on Monday, for the first time in over 6 months, now that we're finally allowed to visit relatives in other parts of the country again. It's very hard not being able to see your loved ones, whether you're the Queen and the Prince of Wales or Joe Bloggs, and I'm sure it meant a lot to them to be reunited. I hope the Queen's able to see the rest of the family soon, including the new babies, and that Charles is able to see William and Kate and the children.

Last edited:
Such lovely photos of mother and son...it must be so painful to not have seen each other in months. The flowers and trees are gorgeous - it seems so early for them to be blooming...

Queen Elizabeth, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall attend a number of events in connection with the G7 summit in Cornwall today, June 11.

It started with a visit of the Duchess of Cambridge and US First Lady Dr Jill Biden to a primary school in Hayle:

** rex gallery ** dailymail article **

Last edited:
There is a reception with the BRF in Cornwall today. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...live-updates/#link-NZNZARTU3BDOLI5TEZXZLXZO5U

"The five-course dinner will begin with a melon gazpacho, followed by a roasted Cornish turbot, caught by a local fisherman, and served alongside locally grown new potatoes, greens and wild garlic pesto.
Finishing out the meal will be a selection of three Cornish cheeses, a dessert course featuring strawberry Pavlova and a final course comprising a selection of petit fours that includes a miniature ice cream cone and fudge made from clotted cream, along with chocolate earl gray truffles."

:previous:

Here’s an article about the reception:

** dm: First Ladies of fashion! Kate Middleton dazzles in white coat dress while Carrie Johnson stuns in…**

And twi mixed galleries of the whole day, also including photos of the reception:

** pa images gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Queen Elizabeth, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge also attended an event in celebration of The Big Lunch initiative at The Eden Project:

* gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

** dm article: 'There's a knife if you need it': Queen swats away advice from her aide as she slices cake .. **

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall attend a number of events in connection with the G7 summit in Cornwall today, June 11.

It started with a visit of the Duchess of Cambridge and US First Lady Dr Jill Biden to a primary school in Hayle:

** rex gallery ** dailymail article **

It looks like Catherine and Jill Biden hit it off nicely.

There is a reception with the BRF in Cornwall today. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...live-updates/#link-NZNZARTU3BDOLI5TEZXZLXZO5U

"The five-course dinner will begin with a melon gazpacho, followed by a roasted Cornish turbot, caught by a local fisherman, and served alongside locally grown new potatoes, greens and wild garlic pesto.

Finishing out the meal will be a selection of three Cornish cheeses, a dessert course featuring strawberry Pavlova and a final course comprising a selection of petit fours that includes a miniature ice cream cone and fudge made from clotted cream, along with chocolate earl gray truffles."

Sounds like a really nice dinner!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Royal family out in full force, good to see them back in action with the G7

I feel a bit uncomfortable seeing the queen surrounded by so many people from different parts of the world. At least it was a garden reception but still...

The Queen was joined by other members of the RF at the Eden Project in Cornwall ahead of a reception for G7 world leaders

Last edited:
"Are you supposed to look as if you're enjoying it...?" ? (Is that a little Philip I hear, Ma'am?)

She remains glorious.

All leaders trying to gain a moment with the Queen.

The ultimate display of royal diplomatic charm.

The Royal ladies all look wonderful, but HM is amazing. So elegant.

I feel a bit uncomfortable seeing the queen surrounded by many people from different parts of the world. At least it was a garden reception but still...
Stangely, most of those present kept their distance as per covid advisories and let's face it, you can't get more organised or civilised than the G7 Covid Pandemic "family" photo.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...sula-von-der-picture-id1233397384?s=2048x2048

Her Majesty is in fine form and she is emitting an incredible aura of joir de vivre. She's beaming and positively bouncing with joy which, under the circumstances I believe is easy to understand. For the first time in her life, she has been forced to take an extended leave of absence from "The Firm". At first, it was made easier with her and Philip spending the kind of time together they could only have dreamed of.

Then came the long drawn out concern over Philip's health followed by his abrupt death. What followed was a nightmare few could understand as she shared her loss with the country but, having celebrated an extraordinary life, she has gone on to live hers within the confines of Covid advice. But she's free to be herself in Covid even with an abundance of caution because of her age. She looks like a kid that hasn't been allowed to go to the beach . . . sand and sea for miles and she can at least paddle.

How many people missed her presence and her welcoming smile I wonder?

H.M. the queen is in jolly form this evening!

True. But somehow for me today and also in the Event where the Rose's in honour of Prince Philip was planted she looks truly old which she is of course
And she resembles the late Queen Ingrid

A nice Royal ladies moment from yesterday :

HM says "are you all supposed to be looking as if you're enjoying yourself".:lol:

Edit - just seen this was already posted upthread.

The Canadian PM is a snazzy dresser!

Last edited:
So great to see hm so perky and beautifully dressed. Yes and Trudeau could use a haircut and a shave!

I'm wondering if the Queen has phoned ahead to get a preference for what kind of flowers she should bring for Cruachan IV this year. :D

This is something I look forward to seeing every summer. The Queen being greeted by her four legged (and sometimes hungry) friend.

It will be wonderful to see them all in Scotland next week :previous:

I'm wondering if the Queen has phoned ahead to get a preference for what kind of flowers she should bring for Cruachan IV this year. :D

This is something I look forward to seeing every summer. The Queen being greeted by her four legged (and sometimes hungry) friend.
Who knows! I imagine she is this thoughtful.

Cruachan 14 is a dear... err, I mean, a fierce warrior. I can't believe I got it wrong.

The Holyrood Week has started for the Royal Family today: Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Cambridge (Earl of Strathearn in Scotland) visited AG Barr's factory in Cumbernauld, where the Irn-Bru drink is produced:

** Pic ** pa images gallery ** dailymail article **

** gettyimages: GBR: The Queen And The Duke Of Cambridge Visit Irn Bru Factory **

And they attended the Ceremony of the Keys at the Palace of Holyroodhouse:

** rex gallery **

** gettyimages: GBR: The Queen And The Duke Of Cambridge Attend The Ceremony of the Keys At The Palace of Holyroodhouse **

Last edited:
Wonderful to have The Holyrood Week back again its always a firm favourite of mine.

Here's a video of the Queen and Princess Royal from the visit to the Children's Wood Project in Glasgow.

Lovely to see Princess Anne accompany Queen Elizabeth to the Satellite Centre and The Children's Wood and Skypark in Glasgow, Scotland. The photos and esp the videos were most enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom