British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its great to see the queen and Anne together supporting this.

The queen has shown she isn't shy of embracing modern touches, think her and Prince Harry Invictus video comes to mind. Happy to see the zoom.

I don’t know where this would go, so MODs please move if not appropriate.

Prince William and Henry have split Diana memorial fund between them. This was finalised in December 2019, and according to the article a spokesperson for The Duke of Sussex said Henry’s half will now go to Sentebale since the disbandment of Sussex Royal.

British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018

We will see The Duke of Edinburgh in an engagement on Wednesday, it will mark the transfer of him as Colonel-in-Chief of The Rifles to The Duchess of Cornwall.

The Duke will be at Windsor and The Duchess will be at Highgrove.

The Duchess of Cornwall is royal colonel of 4th. Battalion The Rifles.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I wonder if there are any images of Camilla's side of the ceremony.

Hopefully, if there are any, they will be posted later on.

Phil is still looking damn good !

Hard to imagine that the Duke is 99 years old!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking very good indeed!

If anyone's curious as to why the solders were marching so quickly it's a light infantry tradition.

And there we have it. The proof is in the pudding. At 99 years young, Philip is in extraordinary health for a man his age. At one point in the video it looked like he was expected to go back indoors but instead, took the time to walk down the stairs and talk with a few of the men before heading indoors.

If that is what 99 looks like, I'm all for it! :D

Lovely to see Philip still, as ever, honouring his military roles, even while handing over his role to his daughter in law.

If anything was going to get him in public again it would be a military role.

Here is a video of Camilla's side

Philip looks incredible - I’m so happy to see him looking so healthy and happy!

Camilla always looks good...

There were reports earlier this year that he was pretty much bedridden. I'm pleased to see, from Beatrice's wedding and now this, that he's anything but! He looks amazing for 99.

Prince Philip didn't miss a beat. I'm so glad we had the chance to see him again looking so fit at 99 years old. Quite an amazing man.

I love how they managed to handle the ceremony during all of this. :flowers:

Its great to see Prince Philip up and about doing well. We saw him in the wedding photos but this is still another step. Seeing him up walking and interacting with the soldiers. Great to see him in good spirits.

Its great that Camilla got to take over his colonel in chief position.

British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018

Prince Philip didn't miss a beat. I'm so glad we had the chance to see him again looking so fit at 99 years old. Quite an amazing man.

He really is amazing. Very inspirational too.

I was just musing to myself; a couple of years ago, we'll all remember, the Queen made a balcony appearance with seven people (including herself), a subtle pointer to the way forward: The Queen & Duke, Charles & Camilla, William & Kate, and Harry.
Now things have changed so much. The Duke retired, The Queen semi-retired (not through any wish of her own, but she is, in effect, retired too), Harry (gone). But we have a new 'Group of Seven' out and about, keeping the Monarchy alive – Charles & Camilla, William & Kate, Anne, Ed and Sophie...

To mark World Sight Day 2020 Queen Elizabeth joined the Countess of Wessex "for a video call earlier this week with eye health professionals working on the ground to deliver eye care across the Commonwealth":

** video **

Even though no picture has been release yet, it's so lovely to see the Queen in public again, after Captain Sir Thomas Moore's investiture at Windsor.

:previous:

Here are the first ones, bad quality though ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thank you very much iceflower for taking your times to find these newly and freshly released images. The quality does not matter at this point. :flowers: ?

The Queen looks lovely in light pink. The Duke of Cambridge's coat looks great as well ?

Here's a short video of their joint engagement today.

Well actually there's been strong criticism in the last few hours of the Queen and Prince William not wearing masks on their engagement by such guardians of public propriety as Piers Morgan of the DM and others, in the light of the strict new regulations now pertaining in England.

I refuse to link the DM but it's there all the same, and for once he's not criticising the Sussexes.

Yes I have read the criticism, but based upon the official government guidelines the Queen, Duke of Cambridge and all present at the event were adhering to the current COVID 19 rules for outdoor events. Those events do not require attendees to wear a mask.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

• <li class="covid__instruction-list-item"> Wash hands keep washing your hands regularly <li class="covid__instruction-list-item">
    <li class="covid__instruction-list-item"> Cover face wear a face covering in enclosed spaces <li class="covid__instruction-list-item">
    Make space stay at least 2 metres apart - or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions

I will admit that it can be rather confusing when we take into consideration that what is required in one nation differs from what is required in another.

When we saw other members of the BRF attending events in enclosed spaces during the past weeks, they were following the government's regulations and wore masks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom