British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something? I thought nobody processed except HM, Charles and Camilla? How is it a slight to the Sussexes?

Also- if William and/or Kate are perceived as frosty....well, Harry is the one who chose to reveal that he and William weren’t getting along. Why bother pretending everything is great if the cat’s out of the bag. I certainly wasn’t expecting animated chit chat between them like we saw with the Wessexes.

And- Harry’s acknowledgement was made before Harry and Meghan made a total PR mess out of this exit from the announcement to their website updates. Wouldn’t stun me if they still have a few more issues to work out now.

Am I missing something? I thought nobody processed except HM, Charles and Camilla? How is it a slight to the Sussexes?

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were due to process, but this was changed at the eleventh hour so they would go straight to their seats.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were due to process, but this was changed at the eleventh hour so they would go straight to their seats.

So if neither processed, I guess I don’t see how it’s a slight. Regardless of when the change was made.

So if neither processed, I guess I don’t see how it’s a slight. Regardless of when the change was made.

It can be viewed as a slight that current senior royals, which they are up until the 31st March. Weren’t asked/consulted on whether they would like to have “processed”, as they did last year.

It is rumoured that the Cambridge’s chose not to process at the eleventh hour to make it look better. This arrangement was done in 2018, in 2019 they all processed.

It can be viewed as a slight that current senior royals, which they are up until the 31st March. Weren’t asked/consulted on whether they would like to have “processed”, as they did last year.

It is rumoured that the Cambridge’s chose not to process at the eleventh hour to make it look better. This arrangement was done in 2018, in 2019 they all processed.

Okay. I see your point.

Still- wasn’t Harry and Meghan’s first announcement that they are no longer senior royals anyway? That was what they said they wanted. You’d think it wouldn’t be a massive issue to them since that part was their idea anyway.

In the end, neither did. So it seems like an attempt was made to smooth things over.

Following the frosty disaster that was the Commonwealth Service I am beginning to think they are well shot of the BRF. The meddling of so-called Courtiers has been an underlying poison for over forty years.

I agree about the courtiers. However, I think we need to be cautious about interpreting the behaviour of the Cambridges. That being said, I wouldn't blame Catherine if she felt annoyed with Harry and Meghan. Their departure has left her and William with a heavy burden. As far as the Commonwealth Service goes, all behaved as well as could be expected, and made a good family showing.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the Court Circular, 11 May 2020

The Duchess of Cambridge and The Countess of Wessex this afternoon held conference calls with nurses from around the Commonwealth in advance of International Nurses Day on 12th May.

The Duchess of Cambridge and The Countess of Wessex, Global Ambassador, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, talked to nurses from LV Prasad Eye Institute and Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India.

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards talked to nurses from Gidgee Healing, Queensland, Australia.

The Duchess of Cambridge and The Countess of Wessex later talked to nurses from Phalombe District Hospital, Malawi.

The Duchess of Cambridge and The Countess of Wessex, Colonel-in-Chief, Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps, subsequently talked to nurses from the Corps in Cyprus.

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards talked to nurses from Aberdeen Women’s Centre, Freetown, Sierra Leone.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Evelina London Children’s Hospital, and The Countess of Wessex later talked to nurses from the Hospital in London.

Their Royal Highnesses subsequently talked to nurses from Sandilands Rehabilitation Centre, Nassau, the Bahamas.

I really enjoy when royal family work together as a unit. Great video and collaboration.

Now that's nice ! That's what the Royal Family is all about.

Agree with everyone...wonderful video message

BRAVO !

A truly remarkable and wonderful collaboration effort from so many members of the BRF on International Nurses' Day.

Thank you to those dedicated men and women across the globe who are working on the frontlines of the pandemic.

An absolutely outstanding combination event, imagine if this had been in person. Boy it would have been good.

Fantastic to see everyone involved in this video - I'm sure it was great for the nurses on the other end of the call.

Now that's nice ! That's what the Royal Family is all about.

Couldn't agree more. The royal family's a team effort. Only HM has a star turn.

To me, this is the perfect example of "Team Windsor". No one is trying to outdo the other guy and its all of them united in support of the tireless efforts by the nursing community through this pandemic. This is what draws a nation together by example.

Yes it was the funniest thing. A room full of women from The Womens Institute who pride themselves on being the best cooks especially of cakes, and the Queen couldn't cut through the icing very well and Princess Anne had to lend a helping hand. Very funny indeed. And a wonderful photo captured the moment.

Is this the first time a Zoom-type video conversation involving HM has been shared?

I think so, as the message The Queen did for nurses week was spoken not videoed.

Yes, this is apparently HM's first public zoom. It actually took place last week but parts of it have been released to mark Carers' Week.

Personally I think it speaks a lot to HM's relationship with Anne that this is her first zoom video and it was for the Carers Trust which is Anne's patronage which was formed by merging "The Princess Royal Trust for Carers" (set up by Anne in 1991) and "Crossroads Care" so is obviously a cause close to Anne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom