British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see them attend church with the queen. I could imagine them perhaps having lunch with her after. Great that they spend some personal time not just the commonwealth event, with his grandmother.

From what I read this morning it seems they attended because there was a bit of a memorial service for a member of the military taking place and this soldier's father happened to work for the Queen at Windsor for a number of years. Admittedly I didn't read the article in depth because, well, no time for that when the office phone is ringing off the hook with questions about school closures due to coronavirus now hitting our state but it does seem as though they attended because Harry had some part in that service rather than just to spend time with HM.

Prince Harry is quite a joy! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

There are pics of him smiling etc.

LaRae

Members of the Royal Family attend the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey.

Last edited:
I think the powers that be successfully managed to keep this event about the Commenwealth and not Meghan and Harry.

Last edited:
So when the royals arrive, they wait for The Queen who arrives last, and process (walk) up the main aisle as a group to their seats. It’s now been decided that the Sussexes, Cambridge’s and Wessexes will not process. They will go straight to their seats and not wait for The Queen. As ACO says this happened in 2018, it’s not good bad or indifferent really.

Thanks ! Hmm, I want to read something into it (not necessarily bad), but I won’t ...though it’s interesting in any case.

Loving Camilla in blue ! Everyone looks gorgeous ...

Last edited by a moderator:
No visible [cosmetic, or otherwise] interaction betwixt the Brothers and their respective wives, then ?

Each couple departed the Abbey at distinctly separate intervals, not 'mingling' whilst waiting for their respective Cars, as they often have in the past.

Last edited:
Well, they're leaving and who knows what next. Brothers didn't want to pretend.. Now we can see..

I really wish I had better lip reading skills. I'd love to know what Sophie and Catherine were discussing. I saw Sophie's eyebrows go up as she said "really?" and then made a little "hm" type of face but I'd love to know what was really said. They really did look like two old friends chatting but I can't tell if it was girl gossip, kid stories, or what.

I really wish I had better lip reading skills. I'd love to know what Sophie and Catherine were discussing. I saw Sophie's eyebrows go up as she said "really?" and then made a little "hm" type of face but I'd love to know what was really said. They really did look like two old friends chatting but I can't tell if it was girl gossip, kid stories, or what.

:lol:
I am right there with you.

Thanks ! Hmm, I want to read something into it (not necessarily bad), but I won’t ...though it’s interesting in any case.

It was to stop the gossip and making the event about Meghan and Harry. And I love people saying oh the family decided it over dinner. The advisors decided it. End off. If you are going to survive as a family business like this you need your 'agents' ie your advisors to speak for you and to stay out of it yourself. Michelle Obama made it clear that if she didn't agree with something her husband was doing. She would get her secretary to talk to his. It may sound cold but its essential.

The original plan had been for the Cambridges to walk with the Queen and Charles and Camilla, The Sussex's were to go straight to their seats. For whatever reason the plans were changed, and the Cambridges went straight to their seats. We can only guess as to why.

It was to stop the gossip and making the event about Meghan and Harry. And I love people saying oh the family decided it over dinner. The advisors decided it. End off.

I completely disagree. It clearly wasn't about gossip or making this event about Meghan and Henry, as this choice for the non procession has happened before in 2018. The non-procession had absolutely no effect on the headlines, we still have the last engagement nonsense, the final send off and the over analysing of their body language, movement and lip reading.

If it had just been Meghan and Henry taking their seats, then perhaps the analogy might have worked but it was Cambridges, Sussexes and Wessexes. Now they had the same amount of time to talk to each other, seated as they would have had if they were stood waiting for The Queen.

I think this was very much decided last minute, either to stop the gathering of people at the entrance, or to speed the process along.

I completely disagree. It clearly wasn't about gossip or making this event about Meghan and Henry, as this choice for the non procession has happened before in 2018. The non-procession had absolutely no effect on the headlines, we still have the last engagement nonsense, the final send off and the over analysing of their body language, movement and lip reading.

If it had just been Meghan and Henry taking their seats, then perhaps the analogy might have worked but it was Cambridges, Sussexes and Wessexes. Now they had the same amount of time to talk to each other, seated as they would have had if they were stood waiting for The Queen.

I think this was very much decided last minute, either to stop the gathering of people at the entrance, or to speed the process along.

It was to stop gossip that the Cambridges were not processing.

It was to stop gossip that the Cambridges were not processing.

I’m confused, what do you mean?

I haven’t seen a copy of the Order of Service, but up until this morning my understanding had been that everyone would process like usual. This morning it was confirmed that Henry and Meghan wouldn’t, whether they were in the original OOS hasn’t been mentioned. It was then rumoured, then confirmed that the Cambridge’s and Wessexes would now also not be processing. Cambridge’s were confirmed as should have been processing as per the OOS.

Where does the gossip occur?

I saw a copy of the order of service online this morning but I cannot find it now, the Cambridges were to walk with the queen and Charles and Camilla, that then changed and they went directly to their seats. From what I recall the Wessex and Sussex were always to go straight to their seats.

I saw a copy of the order of service online this morning but I cannot find it now, the Cambridges were to walk with the queen and Charles and Camilla, that then changed and they went directly to their seats. From what I recall the Wessex and Sussex were always to go straight to their seats.

In 2018 only Charles and Camilla walked with HM and everyone else went straight to their seats. Last year Harry and Meghan along with William and Catherine all walked with Charles and Camilla and HM.

I’m confused, what do you mean?

I haven’t seen a copy of the Order of Service, but up until this morning my understanding had been that everyone would process like usual. This morning it was confirmed that Henry and Meghan wouldn’t, whether they were in the original OOS hasn’t been mentioned. It was then rumoured, then confirmed that the Cambridge’s and Wessexes would now also not be processing. Cambridge’s were confirmed as should have been processing as per the OOS.

Where does the gossip occur?

To stop the Cambridges. The press would have a field day with that. Harry and Meghan ousted by the family etc, etc. Instead they made the very wise call to send them all to their seats and let Charles and Camilla walk with her. It stopped the whole.event from being taken over by the media with a Meghan and Harry spin.

To stop the Cambridges. The press would have a field day with that. Harry and Meghan ousted by the family etc, etc. Instead they made the very wise call to send them all to their seats and let Charles and Camilla walk with her. It stopped the whole.event from being taken over by the media with a Meghan and Harry spin.

Exactly, even though the scenario that played out today has happened before the press will ignore that fact!
The order of service online this morning stated that the Cambridge’s would walk with the Queen, Charles and Camilla. Obviously that was changed at some point before the event.

I watched parts of the service, I feel like Meghan was much more at ease than Harry. She smiled brightly at everyone and seemed happy to be there. I could be reading him wrong, I am no body language expert, I felt Harry was tense and the weight of today being his last day as a senior royal was really weighing him. He has been attending special events in Westminster Abbey since childhood, it must have been so sad in a way for him to be there today.

Another video of the Commonwealth Service at the Abbey from the BBC

I felt Harry was tense and the weight of today being his last day as a senior royal was really weighing him.

l watched it too.. and Sussex looked incredibly uncomfortable, and 'ill at ease', in an environment he's been familiar with his whole life.

Last edited:
It was to stop the gossip and making the event about Meghan and Harry. And I love people saying oh the family decided it over dinner. The advisors decided it. End off. If you are going to survive as a family business like this you need your 'agents' ie your advisors to speak for you and to stay out of it yourself. Michelle Obama made it clear that if she didn't agree with something her husband was doing. She would get her secretary to talk to his. It may sound cold but its essential.

Why would they want to make this about M and H? This isn't their day......and also, I don't see how this actually does make it about them. Maybe it's more about Charles - and Camilla - as he is the heir.

Currently count a minimum of 7 articles that include Meghan and Henry at the start of a title, on the Dailymail.com.

This was H&Ms last engagement as senior royals, it was always going to be about them and their interactions with other royals attending. Edward and Sophie would have taken their seats with them, and frankly it wouldn't have made a single bit of difference if the Cambridges had sat down or not. If the announcement hadn't been made that the Sussexes weren't in the procession, which they never were going to be according to the OOS, then the public wouldn't have been any the wiser.

If the ousted image was such a prevalent issue, why hasn't it been mentioned that Henry and Meghan were seated on a whole different row to the senior royals? That's a clear sign they've been ousted right :whistling:

Last edited:
Why would they want to make this about M and H? This isn't their day......and also, I don't see how this actually does make it about them. Maybe it's more about Charles - and Camilla - as he is the heir.

The media. As it was it wasn'the too bad but then there are other things to think about. I wouldn't pay any attention to the red tops.

l watched it too.. and Sussex looked incredibly uncomfortable, and 'ill at ease', in an environment he's been familiar with his whole life.

This is bound to be an incredibly emotional moment for Harry. I can't imagine. He didn't want it...As in he wanted part time. I would even imagine he is thinking about the next time he sets foot in this Abbey. And please let that be for the Sapphire anniversary and not for sadder reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom