British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was certainly a picture taken of Queen Victoria with Edward VII, George V and Edward VIII.

As they didn't expect that the second son would become the King maybe they didn't bother having such a picture.
There are at least one picture with Queen Victoria, Edward VII, George V, George VI taken at George's christening. Heir or not, Queen Victoria had innumerable photographs taken of herself together with her many descendants.

What would be a fantastic family picture is on with The Queen, Charles and Camilla with his sons and spouses. That’s a picture I’m dying to get.

What would be a fantastic family picture is on with The Queen, Charles and Camilla with his sons and spouses. That’s a picture I’m dying to get.

I’d rather have an updated version of the 2007 family photo.

I think the message is very clear - the monarch and her three heirs are the future and, other than for personal milestones, I wouldn't expect to see any 'staged' pictures that aren't of these four. These are the future of the monarchy.

If the rumours that Charles wants a smaller royal family - that doesn't include siblings then, at some point that will also mean Harry is out.

Given the Andrew situation I can see them further restricting the 'working royals' to just the heir and spouse in each generation (four working royals in total).

British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018

Hardly going to happen now that Andrew’s disgraced.

Why? He’s part of the family isn’t he?

I think the message is very clear - the monarch and her three heirs are the future and, other than for personal milestones, I wouldn't expect to see any 'staged' pictures that aren't of these four. These are the future of the monarchy.

If the rumours that Charles wants a smaller royal family - that doesn't include siblings then, at some point that will also mean Harry is out.

Given the Andrew situation I can see them further restricting the 'working royals' to just the heir and spouse in each generation (four working royals in total).

I disagree. To me this is just a picture of the 3 heirs. Signifies nothing other than that.

However if it, does happen, then I highly anticipate the royal popularity and visibility to cause real issues. A four person working royal family just isn’t going to cut the muster for the UK and the commonwealth. Even I’ll be questioning why we have them if that’s the case.

Last edited:

As opposed to her other children and their families. I think they have done it right in recent years. The entire family, just her children, the little ones or her heirs. There is no reason for Camilla, Kate, Meghan or indeed Harry now to be in any released photo that doesn't include the whole family. Her own children in law do not appear in official photos with her and neither have her youngest sons in offer 10 years. I mean the picture with Archie was a moment. I don't think we will see the same again.

Last edited:

Harry is going to be needed for at least another 20 to 25 years minimum if not longer. The Cambridge kids won't (assuming they even work full time) be available really until that range.

The BRF did almost 4000 engagements this past year. In the next 10 years or less you are going to see a big reduction in family workers. So either Charles gets rid of a lot of engagements (for the working family) or he uses what he has.

Charles
Camilla
William
Catherine
Harry
Meghan
Anne
Edward
Sophie
Andrew (if he's ever allowed to come back full time)

Charles/Camilla, Anne are getting up there in years. Andrew/Sophie and Andrew aren't that far behind them.

LaRae

We rarely get official photos anyway to be honest, especially with wider family. The last one I can think of with more than a few people was the one of the great-grandchildren, Louise and James which was for her 90th birthday. Interestingly then she was photographed with Anne in one but none of her sons, I wonder how or why they choose certain compositions of people. Obviously this one is to show the future of the monarchy. It does also explain why they were so dressed up for the Christmas pudding video.

The discussion about the future working royals has been had so many times in the future of the royal family thread and yes if they still want to do close to 3,000 engagements a year they will need a similar number of working royals but tbh I am not certain they will operate in that way in the future and it may well be a case of "less is more". I wonder if they may think that these days with social media, the internet etc you don't necessarily need as many royals to visit every part of the country all the time as you needed three decades ago or so where if a place didn't get a visit from a royal the question could be asked what are the royals actually doing. Now everyone can see and hear what they are up to all the time. Anyway again this is a discussion for elsewhere.

Last edited:
Royal Ohotos

If this is in wrong spot please move.

A number of news reports have be saying that the recent 4 generation photo is only the second time this has happened. Reporters are saying the recent Christmas photo and the 90th birthday photo of the 4 generations of HM POW DOC and Prince George are it.

Has everyone forgotten the beautiful christening photo of the family with the DOC holding baby George. I remember the QV photo of her heirs with QV holding he baby, so I have always liked the photo of William holding baby George. So in my book, there have been three photos released of the 4 generations. This doesn't mean there haven't been many more private family ones taken. I personally hope each ggc has his/her own photo of the 4 generations.

This is in the wrong place, and will get moved however it looks like royal reporters aren’t considering the Christening photo in the same vein as the other two because the Christening was its own event. The two other photos were specifically done for the generational purpose.

The Queen attending church today, Peter Philips is also on the estate.

I've always wondered why we never see the Kents and Gloucesters spending a couple of days at Sandringham or Balmoral with the Queen. She spends weeks on these estates and we see a lot of unknown people at the church services but never her cousins. OK you get the odd time when Lady Helen or Princess Alexandra pop up but there dosn't seem to be a routine of the extended family getting invites which I find rather odd.

I've always wondered why we never see the Kents and Gloucesters spending a couple of days at Sandringham or Balmoral with the Queen. She spends weeks on these estates and we see a lot of unknown people at the church services but never her cousins. OK you get the odd time when Lady Helen or Princess Alexandra pop up but there dosn't seem to be a routine of the extended family getting invites which I find rather odd.

Or we just never see them, church on a Sunday during this time period is the only chance we get to see what family are visiting. If they don’t want to attend church, we would never know they were there.

Or we just never see them, church on a Sunday during this time period is the only chance we get to see what family are visiting. If they don’t want to attend church, we would never know they were there.

I know what you mean but I tend to think they just aren't invited as I'm sure we would have seen them at church occasionally over the years. It is a bit strange as the Queen seems to get on well with them all and includes them in family events the rest of the time.

Last edited:
What a fantastic engagement, and so personal as well.

It's not often we see Anne and Camilla together like this and so it was indeed a great engagement.

Wonderful engagement. Camilla and Anne seem very comfortable around each other. It looked like they had a great family time.

Wonderful photos wish we saw more of Anne and Camilla!

Fantastic to see Anne and Camilla together at this engagement - glad that Anne's tireless work is being formally recognised too! It seems that the two are quite friendly with one another; an unlikely duo ?

We have a huge family appearance on Monday:

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge, The Earl and Countess of Wessex and The Princess Royal will host a reception on behalf of The Queen at Buckingham Palace to mark the UK-Africa Investment Summit on Monday.
It’s the new royal order!
But I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Harry too.

Looking forward to this event. I hope the media will have access to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom