British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Nice family pictures at the Highland games.

They probably will visit Balmoral during the Queen's stay but given the location of the games, it's more likely they're at the Castle of Mey with Prince Charles.

Ah yes; I forgot about the Castle of May!

I don't know if this is right place to enquire about this but I have to ask why did the Royal Family social media not acknowledge the Duchess of Sussex's guest editing Vogue last week but posted the Cambridges day in Cowes at the sailing regatta yesterday?

I don't know if this is right place to enquire about this but I have to ask why did the Royal Family social media not acknowledge the Duchess of Sussex's guest editing Vogue last week but posted the Cambridges day in Cowes at the sailing regatta yesterday?

One of the two was a royal engagement, and the other was not. The Court Circular (and the royal social media is usually reflective of the CC) typically only records when members of the royal family carry out engagements. Any work carried out by royals, be it preparatory work for a royal trip or engagement, background reading are not recorded.

That makes sense. I often wonder why something is or isn't listed.

Now, all they have to do is keep it up to date.

The sailing day, I suspect, was an official engagement. I haven't seen the CC for the 8th August yet but I would be surprised if this event didn't appear there.

The guest editing of Vogue wasn't an engagement as such and so wasn't something to acknowledge.

Well Beatrice and Eugenie have been spotted. Harry and Meghan have not been yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
They arrived with Jack and Beatrice's boyfriend.
I thought I recognized Edo’s neck in the DM video - but yes, it looks like Edo and Jack arrived with H & M in the Sun video, most likely because Eugenie and Beatrice appear to have arrived with the bride.

Ok I went and looked and cannot find the fashion thread for Meghan's evening looks...??

LaRae

Last edited:

They arrived with Jack and Beatrice's boyfriend.

I had to watch the video again - yeah, the Sussexes arrived with Jack and Edo; that's cute. Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice were seen with the Bride, maybe they were part of the Brital Party?!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-Meghan-Markles-furious-terrified-haters.html

The Royal Family's official Twitter account [...] has taken the unusual step of liking a tweet from a Meghan fan account [...]

The royal account never likes posts by fans or members of the public wading into sensitive issues, and it seems that the post may have been liked in error, or that a technical glitch could have occurred.

MailOnline has contacted Buckingham Palace for comment about the post, which has now been unliked.

[...]

While the tweet was sent on October 13, shortly after the couple completed their highly successful tour of Southern Africa, it appears to have only been liked by the account within the last week.

The tweet defended the Duchess and slammed those criticising her, reading: 'These anti-#MeghanMarkle trolls are all the same: they pine for "the good old days."

'She was genius to title her Vogue issue "Forces For Change."'

It went on: 'We are witnessing a seismic shift in power and culture, and her haters are furious and terrified. Oh well. Get used to it.'

What are the standard practices or policies of the British Royal Family's official Twitter account in regard to liking tweets?

The fact the comment has now been unliked tells you all you need to know about who liked it in the first place.

Also this has nothing to do with BRF Current events.

Such a shame the British royals aren’t having an incoming State Visit for the fall. I guess the next State Event will be The Diplomatic Corps Reception in December, huh?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-Meghan-Markles-furious-terrified-haters.html

What are the standard practices or policies of the British Royal Family's official Twitter account in regard to liking tweets?

I'd say that generally the royal family's account only likes Tweets that are related to the causes and organisations the royals support. I don't think there's ever been a case where an official account has liked a personal post such as this. They tend to stick to engagements and official information only - e.g. the @theroyalfamily account has recently been Tweeting mostly about Charles's trip to Japan.

I think they should have offered HM a chair. Letting stay on her feet that long was difficult to watch and for her maybe a bit hard to do.

I think it is wonderful that as a consequence of her I'll health the Queen invited Sophie to drive to and from chuch with her and that from that simple act of kindness a deep and abiding friendship, if not love, has developed over the years. They really are close and just like any other M-I-L I bet she got the warm fuzzies when Sophie called her Mama.

Last edited:
Is there a video of the speech where the Countess refers to the Queen as Mama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom