British Royal Family Current Events 10: July 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're assuming that William wasn't smiling because he was being photographed. There are a zillion other reasons possible for him not smiling at that frozen second in time. Perhaps he had gas. Perhaps he was wearing new shoes that pinch. The possibilities are endless. :D

I don't think the Cambridges had an expectation of privacy at a very public event, where William's cousin was riding. It is like when William is playing polo and Kate takes the kids. They knew they would be photographed.

The event was very near Anmer in Norfolk. It was a horse event that Zara and her family were at--I think they went to see Zara ride and spend time with the Tindalls.

Last edited:
I think this is what the Cambridges hate, being seen during “off time”.
Did they stage this meet up on purpose?
Personally I think so. After all, if one doesn't care to be photographed the horse trials is not the right place to go.

THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE TO ATTEND ANZAC DAY SERVICE

Westminster Abbey, London

Thursday 25th April, 2019

The Duchess of Cambridge will attend the Anzac Day Service of Commemoration and Thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey on Thursday 25th April.

Anzac Day has been commemorated in London since the first anniversary of the Anzac landings at Gallipoli in 1916, when King George V attended a service at Westminster Abbey and more than 2,000 Australian and New Zealand troops marched through the streets. Since then, Anzac Day has become an important moment to recognise the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps who died during the landings, and to honour the sacrifices of men and women in all wars. Anzac Day is commemorated as a public holiday in both countries with memorial ceremonies held at various locations.

The Duchess of Cambridge will join guests, including the Australian High Commissioner, at the Service of Commemoration and Thanksgiving. This will be a traditional church service, incorporating an ‘Act of Remembrance’, the Last Post and Kemal Ataturk’s words from Anzac Cove read by the Turkish Ambassador to the UK.

The Duke of Gloucester will also attend the service

THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE TO ATTEND ANZAC DAY SERVICE

Westminster Abbey, London

Thursday 25th April, 2019

The Duchess of Cambridge will attend the Anzac Day Service of Commemoration and Thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey on Thursday 25th April.

Anzac Day has been commemorated in London since the first anniversary of the Anzac landings at Gallipoli in 1916, when King George V attended a service at Westminster Abbey and more than 2,000 Australian and New Zealand troops marched through the streets. Since then, Anzac Day has become an important moment to recognise the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps who died during the landings, and to honour the sacrifices of men and women in all wars. Anzac Day is commemorated as a public holiday in both countries with memorial ceremonies held at various locations.

The Duchess of Cambridge will join guests, including the Australian High Commissioner, at the Service of Commemoration and Thanksgiving. This will be a traditional church service, incorporating an ‘Act of Remembrance’, the Last Post and Kemal Ataturk’s words from Anzac Cove read by the Turkish Ambassador to the UK.

The Duke of Gloucester will also attend the service

Do we know who the other senior royals, other than the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke of Gloucester, will attend the service?

Do we know who the other senior royals, other than the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke of Gloucester, will attend the service?

Currently nobody bar DOCa and The Duke are listed as going on the RF site.

Currently nobody bar DOCa and The Duke are listed as going on the RF site.

Many thanks.

Good to see Catherine be the most senior royal at an important engagement like this.

Sorry to see Megan is not there at church but I guess there is concern she would go into labor at the service.

Where was the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall?

Sorry to see Megan is not there at church but I guess there is concern she would go into labor at the service.

Nah, she's too close to delivery. It was OK for Catherine last year because Easter was 3 weeks before she had Louis. Meghan is probably days away.

Where was the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall?

Charles and Camilla spend April and thus Easter in Scotland. They appear to have gone there after their Caribbean tour although they have done a visit to Northern Ireland since then (for one engagement).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Queen and members of the Royal Family attend the Easter Sunday Service at St George's chapel ,Windsor.

Maybe Eugenie and Jack are spending Easter with Jack's family.

Or both are spending with the Brooksbank family?

Eugenie is missing but already joined her grandmother on Thursday.

Yes I was also thinking that's perhaps why we saw her accompanying the queen to the Holy Thursday Service.

It’s good to see Harry attend his first Easter Service at St. George’s Chapel Windsor since 1996. Charles haven’t been since 96 and Camilla has never attended.

Last edited:
It’s good to see Harry attend his first Easter Service at St. George’s Chapel Windsor since 1996. Charles haven’t been since 96 and Camilla has never attended.

I thought C&C attended in 2006 and 2007. I seem to recollect seeing her in one of her elegant taupe suits and a lovely emerald and diamond brooch, and then again the following year in a lovely citrine and diamond brooch.

O
I thought C&C attended in 2006 and 2007. I seem to recollect seeing her in one of her elegant taupe suits and a lovely emerald and diamond brooch, and then again the following year in a lovely citrine and diamond brooch.

I don’t recall seeing them there during Easter Service. It’s been a long time for the Wales branch. They literally stopped going in 1996. That was during the turbulent Wales years.

Last edited:

Perhaps it's these events you recall:

The Queen's 80th birthday service in 2006
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detai...f-cornwall-stands-on-the-news-photo/117260527

Royal Ascot 2007
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detai...-prince-charles-prince-of-news-photo/74810353

There don't seem to be any photos of Charles & Camilla at the Easter Service for those years.

You are quite right, I would love to see those brooches used again.

Me too! I have a large brooch like the citrine one myself but in amber. Are both brooches from the Queen Mother's collection? I can't find any provenance for them.

Me too! I have a large brooch like the citrine one myself but in amber. Are both brooches from the Queen Mother's collection? I can't find any provenance for them.

My guess is they were. The emerald one had certainly been used by the QEQM, but I had not seen any evidence of the other one having been used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom