The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-04-2022, 11:04 AM
Courtier

It has been stated many times, by many people, that wherever Charles is, he has food sent DAILY from Highgrove. What does that footprint look like? I doubt it comes FedEx.

Old 01-05-2022, 03:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
It has been stated many times, by many people, that wherever Charles is, he has food sent DAILY from Highgrove. What does that footprint look like? I doubt it comes FedEx.
It may have been stated so in the some articles, but I think that is highly unlikely that all of the food for Prince Charles travels from Highgrove. Whilst at Birkhall or Sandringham, I am sure he is usually fed off the produce of the local estate.

That said, each of us often travel with certain things we like. As an example, I travel with my own muesli and tea, where it is convenient or within the regulations. I would not take it to Australia or the US, because of the local regs, but would happily take it around Europe and parts of Asia. The incremental carbon footprint for those items is zero, as they are part of my luggage.

Old 01-08-2022, 11:23 AM
Courtier

It was a former chef to the PoW that stated this. Sent Daily. I guess he would know.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

I know he has the food sent up to London but I didn't think he needed it in Scotland where he has plenty of food growing locally so I would have assumed that he uses locally grown food on the Balmoral estate, using his preferred organic methods.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I know he has the food sent up to London but I didn't think he needed it in Scotland where he has plenty of food growing locally so I would have assumed that he uses locally grown food on the Balmoral estate, using his preferred organic methods.

I agree that he'd prefer to have it sent to London where there's less space for growing organic produce. When he's in Scotland it seems reasonable that he'd make use of the produce grown there or the meat/eggs/dairy that is raised/produced there.
Old 01-10-2022, 08:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
It was a former chef to the PoW that stated this. Sent Daily. I guess he would know.
As other posters have said, I can see the point of having food from the royal estates, including dairy from Windsor, being used at BP and Clarence House. Whilst at Birkhall, I suspect it is locally sourced food from the Balmoral estate and the local environs.

Tags
christmas