British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to think that article is bird cage fodder just like anything from any other British tabloid. The claim is that Louis will be left with Kate's parents while George and Charlotte go to church with the rest of the royal family. So, does that mean that Michael & Carole will be at Anmer for the holidays this year instead of at their own home? And what of Pippa & her family and James & his fiancee? I'm not sure Anmer is big enough for that many guests, but what do I know? Perhaps the other two are going to their spouse/fiancees families for the holiday. Guess we'll know in another 8 days whether there was any truth to this story. If not, I'm sure the Mirror will have some plausible reason why their source was wrong, lol.

I think Kate's parents will be at Amner Hall, I thought that even before it was said in this report as Kate and William didn't go to Bucklebury last year so I guessed they would be going this year. I have a feeling they are only going to Norfolk now as there will be no Harry and Meghan and they want to support the Queen with the Andrew thing going on too. Amner Hall is reported to have 10 bedrooms so plenty of room and, of course, it's not the first time her family have stayed there for Christmas.

It was the party at Buckingham Palace which is held each year for staff that work there. It was also attended by the Queen and Prince Charles. I believe the Daily Mail has pictures of Andrew either arriving or departing in his car around 7:30 PM.

It makes sense that Andrew would attend as he has staff that has worked for him at BP over the past year and its not in any way, an official engagement.

It's the Christmas lunch/party at BP today so I've posted the link to the Quenn's Christmas broadcast of 2004 which is the only footage I've seen of this usually totally private family occasion. Lovely to see HM giving out the presents to the children including a baby Lady Louise.

Last edited:
https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...christmas_lunch_at_buckingham_palace,_london?

Rex picture agency keeps updating their picture gallery

So far pictured arriving:

Andrew
Edward and James
Sophie and Louise
Zara and Mike with their girls
William and George
Lord Frederick and Sophie Winkleman and children
Charles
Catherine (and Nanny so assume Louis and Charlotte probably also in her car but can't see)
Anne & Tim
Flora Ogilvy
Beatrice
Prince & Princess Michael
Duke & Duchess of Gloucester
Lady Helen Taylor & Tim Taylor & Eloise
Camilla
Sarah and Daniel Chatto & Sam Chatto

Last edited:
Oh my! Shouldn't Prince George be in a booster seat in the back seat?

He probably is in a booster seat base. It is perfectly legal for him to be in the front as long as the passenger airbag is switched off.

It's nice to see all the photos of family arriving. I hope a good time was had by all.

I bet George loved being in the front seat.

I also spot earrings on Lady Louise which I hadn’t ever noticed her wearing before. Likely a 16th birthday present.

This event always makes me smile as so many family members go. I wish we saw a group photo of the event.

First BP Christmas party for Tom Kingston this year. What a wonderful gathering of the entire clan.

Not sighted, though that doesn't mean they weren't there just that they weren't pictured. That said, if they didn't attend I wonder if that makes it more likely they will both be at Sandringham next week.

Louis strongly resembles some Royal as a small child but I can’t place just who? A very young Andrew maybe? Anyway. George is taking this all very seriously isn't he? Adorable!

Louis has changed so much. Cutie.

Louis is looking so much like a Windsor right now!

LaRae

Looks like the Cambridge’s need to upgrade to a family car. William and Catherine have their own village, so they need a car to accommodate it. ‬

Looks like the Cambridge’s need to upgrade to a family car. William and Catherine have their own village, so they need a car to accommodate it. ‬

Might they have come from different places? Perhaps William and George went elsewhere first.

You know, maybe George and William just really wanted or needed some daddy boys bonding. Maybe Catherine and Charlotte wanted to have mommy and me time:) it’s healthy to not do everything together all the time.

My guess is between the protection officers and nannies they are going to be using 2 cars (or more!) from now on.

LaRae

The Cambridges weren't the only family that was split up into different cars. Who knows what the reason for it is and does it really matter? For all we know, it could have been arranged that way specifically to have younger royals in the front seat arriving such as Sophie and Louise, William and George, Edward and James etc. The Daily Mail did provide some really good pictures as expected.

Everybody looked happy and anticipating a wonderful family get together for the holidays except for Andrew. He seemed to be a bit on the dour side of things which is not surprising in the least.

Just the mention of the Sandringham turkey and all the trimmings at that lunch has got me into turkey mode yet again. Glad I have one in my freezer to be on demand to cook for a holiday meal here too. ?

I would suspect they arrived in different cars because they came from different places or because they wanted or needed to be there earlier than the other. Maybe William and George popped out to pick up Christmas presents for Catherine��

If they arrived separably and left together than it is likely they were not together that morning. I guess their security is driving the other car back? LOL the kids look 100% over it.

I’m just thinking about that old station wagon families used to pack themselves into back in the day. When your family expands, a bigger car is needed.

:previous: With this concept in mind, the Cambridges don't need a family sized car, they need a bus! (images of the Partridge Family's family bus comes to mind) Gotta have room for all the Cambridge family, all their protection officers and Nanny Maria.

I can hear the kids singing "the wheels on the bus go 'round and round... " now. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom