British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be nice if Princess Eugenie and Jack and Princess Beatrice and Edoardo spent Christmas at Sandringham with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. :holly::holly::holly:

Edo won't be there. He has family in the UK and will therefore spend Christmas with them.

I would like Eugenie and Jack to spend Christmas with Jack's family sometimes as well as with hers. She is so minor a member of the BRF that it really doesn't matter where she spends Christmas.

A list part of Christmas should be spent with Grandparents, giving their age...

I have read that Edoardo and Beatrice will spend Christmas apart, but will reunite for New Years.

They will spend New Years on the Mozzi property in Lamu, Kenya like they did last year.

Edo won't be there. He has family in the UK and will therefore spend Christmas with them.

I would like Eugenie and Jack to spend Christmas with Jack's family sometimes as well as with hers. She is so minor a member of the BRF that it really doesn't matter where she spends Christmas.
The BRF Christmas celebrations are private and Eugenie is just as important in the family as is William! They're both equally HM's grandchildren.

DM reporting staff party Monday and family lunch Wednesday, then HM will do State Opening Thursday. Guess we'll see her travel to Sandringham Thurs afternoon (usually Queen's speech from Throne is done by 12, back at BP by half past, change and time to jump on train) or first thing Friday ready to start her break, much needed this year it feels.

BP released a statement about it before they even left saying they wouldn't be there and it wasn't a big deal and had been done before by other members of the family etc etc.

It's just the media trying to sell stories

LaRae

I am just hoping we see James walking with a proper coat.

I think that will be the right decision. The children are old enough to now be introduced to a limited form of public duties like this.

Plus it will be really nice to see them on Christmas day.

Query whether the venue for the royal christmas celebrations would shift from Sandringham to Windsor, or even Balmoral?

I've read on more than one occasion that Charles intends to turn over Balmoral Castle and Sandringham House to the National Trust when he becomes King. He would still keep ownership and overall control of the estates but apparently he has said he will have no use for the houses themselves. Interesting.

I had a feeling we would see them this year. It makes sense with all that is going on. We probably will see the Tindalls as well.

Nice if we see George and Charlotte, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they choose this year. Firstly they are getting to an age where they are old enough to cope with it but add to that the year they have had (and the possibility of Andrew turning up) and it makes perfect sense. Sorry if that sounds cynical lol.

I'm surprised Camilla's children aren't invited to the queen's big do. They are Charles' step children.

And they are Andrew 's children ...
They have found a good balance between public/private life and they seem quite pleased by this arrangement ...

I'm surprised Camilla's children aren't invited to the queen's big do. They are Charles' step children.

They aren't invited to any royal do's at all - unless they are known to the main figure. The Queen isn't that close to them and she wants her family there - not Charles' step-family.

I am not sure we will see much more of them when Charles is King as it is clear that Camilla likes to keep that side of her life separate from her royal side.

Not having them at Sandringham is also a good excuse to Charles and Camilla to leave quite early (after the Queen's Message) so Camilla can spend the rest of Christmas in the more relaxed environment of her own family and Charles can set off to the privacy of Scotland. He sometimes sticks around for the Boxing Day shoot but often is in Scotland by nightfall on Christmas Day and stays there for most of January. Charles spends more time at Birkhall than almost anywhere else - January, the two weeks at least around Easter, August and September and the last week of December.

Nice if we see George and Charlotte, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they choose this year. Firstly they are getting to an age where they are old enough to cope with it but add to that the year they have had (and the possibility of Andrew turning up) and it makes perfect sense. Sorry if that sounds cynical lol.

I’m also in the cynical camp I’m afraid. The attention will be focused on George and Charlotte on Christmas morning and not on who is absent.

George is 6 and a half, certainly old enough to attend a church service without making problems. I would have been surprised if he had not started coming this year. Peter’s daughters and Lady Louise did at his age or even younger.

I’m also in the cynical camp I’m afraid. The attention will be focused on George and Charlotte on Christmas morning and not on who is absent.

Yes and it will also take the attention off Andrew. I don't think George and Charlotte are attending by pure chance this year.

Last edited:

I mean I don't think anyone really doesn't think it but whatever. No time like the present. They were going to eventually start doing these walks and why not now? It is a great PR so it is win/win for everyone.

I honestly think that if the two older Cambridge children join their parents and relatives going to church on Christmas morning, it will be more for the reason for the season than being a PR stunt, a diversion for the public away from Andrew or anything else relating to the press or public. They're going to church for Christmas service and that, I believe, is the main focus.

I am just hoping we see James walking with a proper coat.

I totally agree with this. Part of me thinks he refuses to wear one and his parents just don’t force the issue for an easy life. Fingers crossed he’s cold enough to put on a smart coat.

I hope we do see George and Charlotte.

I honestly think that if the two older Cambridge children join their parents and relatives going to church on Christmas morning, it will be more for the reason for the season than being a PR stunt, a diversion for the public away from Andrew or anything else relating to the press or public. They're going to church for Christmas service and that, I believe, is the main focus.

I tend to agree with you. The Cambridge children were going to join their parents on Christmas Church walk sooner or later. So, if their parents think this is the right time, then it is. I don't think they'd introduce the children to the church/walk if they're not ready.

Let’s be real here. Andrew will almost certainly go with as per usual and That may well attract some ugly scenes and language from onlookers. The press may be more vociferous than normal. The presence of Two small charming and adorable children that the public is crazy about may very well go along way to Ease the potentially nasty atmosphere.

It’s very savvy PR IMO. The family will want to take back the solid reputation that Andrews situation has robbed them of.

With the furor of Andrew's mess I think the kids should stand down. There is no guarantee some in the crowd would not get ugly despite their presence. Everyone knows Andrew will be there and that will be the focus.

I tend to agree with you. The Cambridge children were going to join their parents on Christmas Church walk sooner or later. So, if their parents think this is the right time, then it is. I don't think they'd introduce the children to the church/walk if they're not ready.

I don't disagree that they wouldn't have them attend if not ready but I also not going to pretend this doesn't time perfectly for the need of some positive PR for the family. Both things can be (and is) true.

The presence of the Cambridge kids is a great thing especially with the presence of Andrew and the lack of presence of the Sussexes. Both had been constant topics and the image of those two looking very adorable will change the conversation.

Anyways I am sure the picture will be front page worthy.

I tend to think that article is bird cage fodder just like anything from any other British tabloid. The claim is that Louis will be left with Kate's parents while George and Charlotte go to church with the rest of the royal family. So, does that mean that Michael & Carole will be at Anmer for the holidays this year instead of at their own home? And what of Pippa & her family and James & his fiancee? I'm not sure Anmer is big enough for that many guests, but what do I know? Perhaps the other two are going to their spouse/fiancees families for the holiday. Guess we'll know in another 8 days whether there was any truth to this story. If not, I'm sure the Mirror will have some plausible reason why their source was wrong, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom