British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla is still sick with her cold....Andrew rode to the Church with the Queen...Beatrice rode back to the house with the Queen.

LaRae

Meghan curtsied last year, albeit less deep than this year, and was obviously at Sandringham.

I would expect William and Catherine to be at Anmer, but they would be spending today at Sandringham with the whole family.

Meghan and Harry stayed with the Cambridges last year....

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Where was the Duchess of Cornwall ? And who was in the car with the Queen ?
Duchess of Cornwall was not present. There was a rumor she's not feeling well and that's why she missed the Christmas Lunch last week.
I think Prince Andrew was in the car with the Queen.

A very nice curtsey from Meghan! Last year her curtsey was fine, but she looked a bit ill at ease, this year she's got it down perfectly.

Meghan curtsied last year, albeit less deep than this year, and was obviously at Sandringham.

I would expect William and Catherine to be at Anmer, but they would be spending today at Sandringham with the whole family.

The Sussexes were with the Cambridges last year. Looks like they were back this year. The press seemed to get it wrong... again. Shocker.

Maybe it's just become a bit of a custom to see the Queen off from Church at Xmas with a bow/curtsey? I think all the royals headed off in the direction of the big house for lunch last year, and didn't Eugenie also curtsey on the Church steps last year? The Yorks wouldn't have been going to Anmer for lunch.

No, they are curtsying and bowing because it’s the first they’ve seen HMQ that day whereas the others would’ve curtsied and bowed at the house earlier. The York Princesses did not curtsy on the steps last year. They were standing right behind the Cambridges and Sussexes last year and watched as HMQ left.

Cue the tabloids! "Meghan forced to stay with Kate at Anmer by the Queen!"

Wait for it!:D

The tabloids have to come up with a new "drama" as to why they got it wrong that the Sussexes did in fact stay with the Cambridges this year!

Last edited:
The Sussexes were with the Cambridges last year. Looks like they were back this year. The press seemed to get it wrong... again. Shocker.

There's not actually a great deal of comfortable space for everyone at Sandringham for overnight. At least, that's what I've heard discussed here previously.

But I didn't realize curtseying is any indication of not seeing the Queen again later.

Of course Kate and Meghan weren't going to go Real Housewives at Sandringham. But look at the crowd reactions to both women. Smiles, hugs, flowers, pictures. The crowd didn't buy into the media noise and I don't think the public overall doesn't either. Meghan's curtsy was great. I wonder what gag gift Meghan was get - a box of Pampers (diapers, nappies)?

Typically they curtesy the first time they see the Queen (or senior royal) then they don't for the rest of that gathering.

LaRae

There's not actually a great deal of comfortable space for everyone at Sandringham for overnight. At least, that's what I've heard discussed here previously.

But I didn't realize curtseying is any indication of not seeing the Queen again later.

It’s an indication they haven’t seen her earlier today. Curtsying bowing at hello and goodbye. They don’t do it in church, so it’s right after the service.

Typically they curtesy the first time they see the Queen (or senior royal) then they don't for the rest of that gathering.

LaRae

I believe the curtsy and bow is only to HMQ and Prince Philip. They don’t curtsy or bow to any other fellow royal.

Now the REAL question from that video. Who forgot they are supposed to ride back with the Queen? Andrew or Beatrice? It looked like they were both surprised. :lol:

I believe the curtsy and bow is only to HMQ and Prince Philip. They don’t curtsy or bow to any other fellow royal.

I've seen them (Cambridges for sure and Harry..can't remember about Meghan) bow/curtesy to Charles and Camilla.

LaRae

Lol, the curtsy is just a proper respect of seeing The Queen off. Right now they’re all gathering to watch the Christmas message. I’ll be tuning in.

The Queen’s Christmas Message can be viewed here- 3pm NOW

Last edited:
I think the curtsey / bow thing is being overblown. I think they did it last year for whatever reason and then felt they should do the same again. As much as we like to think its all spontaneous you can see Anne waiting to allow W&K go in front of her so its clear they know that the "scene" on the church steps in important. Equally there isn't enough room for all the family to bow curtsey probably unless we want them falling off the steps.

Meghan and Harry stayed with the Cambridges last year....

LaRae

Did they? All articles I’ve just looked at said they came from Sandringham House to church.

Everywhere I have seen says they were staying at Sandringham with the Queen and its been suggested part of the reason they stayed at Anmer last year was because they were unmarried and the Queen doesn't usually have unmarried couples staying for Christmas so it would have created an unfair precedent.

It was nice to see Kate and Anne chatting away as they left church.

Did they? All articles I’ve just looked at said they came from Sandringham House to church.

This makes sense. As its tradition that they all walk to church en famille and then congregate back at the Big House for Christmas Lunch and the Queen's Speech, it makes sense that those that were staying at Amner Hall drove over to the Big House, parked there and joined the family. Their car would be there waiting for the return home after the activities for the day were done.

Everywhere I have seen says they were staying at Sandringham with the Queen and its been suggested part of the reason they stayed at Anmer last year was because they were unmarried and the Queen doesn't usually have unmarried couples staying for Christmas so it would have created an unfair precedent.

Perhaps by stating that they stayed at Sandringham could mean that they stayed on the Sandringham Estate which Amner Hall is a part of. The Queen's residence is referred to as the "Big House". ?

Last edited:
Tim Laurence bows his head (I think Jack does was well), so I’m not sure the bowing/curtseying tells us anything at all about where Meghan and Harry are staying.

They stayed with the Cambridges but they all head over to Sandringham and walk from there to the Church.

LaRae

:previous:
How do we all know who stayed with whom? Was it announced somewhere and if so please let us know. I haven't seen any announcement from KP or BP as to where the Susses's were staying nor did the Cambridge's announce it.....or are we all guessing here all because of last year maybe......times change and people do move on to other things!

I think they will have stayed with the Queen because otherwise it would look like they are not welcome in her house. Yes it is busy and full but no more so than in other years before the Cambridge's had Anmer. So far all indicators have been they stayed at the main house not Anmer.

I assume the family all meet in the morning before heading to church - certainly even the Cambridge's arrive on foot and can't have walked from Anmer! I guess they all go to lunch at the Big House after church anyway so I don't think the bowing or curtseying tells us anything about who is staying where.

Last edited:
How do we all know who stayed with whom? Was it announced somewhere and if so please let us know. I haven't seen any announcement from KP or BP as to where the Susses's were staying nor did the Cambridge's announce it.....or are we all guessing here all because of last year maybe......times change and people do move on to other things!

Because last year (which is part of what we are talking about) it was announced they stayed with The Cambridges.

LaRae

Because last year (which is part of what we are talking about) it was announced they stayed with The Cambridges.

LaRae

No wonder I am confused, I am in Christmas 2018 not 2017.........why are we going on about last year when it is done and over with? I was talking about the present not the past which is moot...gone and not to return I sure hope. So nobody knows for darn sure who is staying where, heck, tell HM to give us a guest list so we don't guess anymore who is going where or doing what...that is the least she could do, right..........?

Well in that case we'd then have to see a list of who stays in what room so the media can know for sure who gets relegated to the servants quarters:ROFLMAO::whistling:

No wonder I am confused, I am in Christmas 2018 not 2017.........why are we going on about last year when it is done and over with? I was talking about the present not the past which is moot...gone and not to return I sure hope. So nobody knows for darn sure who is staying where, heck, tell HM to give us a guest list so we don't guess anymore who is going where or doing what...that is the least she could do, right..........?

Both are being talked about ....the last year got brought up a few posts up if you scroll up you will understand why it's being talked about.

LaRae

Did that and guess I will stay in this year for it makes more sense to me, love living in the present as that is all we have is now....all I know for sure is that no one knows for sure who is staying where as HM has yet to tell us......?

Well in that case we'd then have to see a list of who stays in what room so the media can know for sure who gets relegated to the servants quarters:ROFLMAO::whistling:

Heck Tommy100, we could then tell the media so they could get their act together and inform the public of the *real facts* instead of their assumptions and lies.:lol:

I still don't see why the RF wants to crowd everyone in at Sandringham, when there's lots more room at Windsor.

I still don't see why the RF wants to crowd everyone in at Sandringham, when there's lots more room at Windsor.

I think its because Sandringham at Christmastime is something that the Queen holds dear to her heart. She spent Christmas there with her parents and family and to her, it seems like "home for the holidays".

One tidbit that reinforces this opinion for me is that the Queen stays at Sandringham until February 6th, the anniversary of her father's death.

:previous: I didn't know that. It's quite an interesting tidbit. Did you find it out in the book you mentioned you are reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom