The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2018, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

My favorite family photo. Little Louis is so cute and looks like mama

Old 12-15-2018, 02:26 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, I think the Xmas card photo is a portrait H&M enjoy, and it signifies a special moment in a very special year for them, so it's a good choice to share on a Xmas card which sums up the year for them. Plus, the photo selection also signifies I think how much they enjoy Windsor and Frogmore environs, which is where they will soon be setting up full-time residence. The photo is likely meant to further underscore how much this setting means to them.

Old 12-15-2018, 03:19 AM
Serene Highness

I agree, he is the image of Catherine. I like that the photo doesn't look too staged & instead could be taken just before they go for a walk or play games in the garden. It's one of those happy photos that grandparents have framed.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:54 AM
Majesty

Royal photographer Arthur Edwards verdict on the Cambridge family Christmas photo:

“It is fantastic because it is a classic, family picture where everyone looks so happy and relaxed. It is the best picture of Prince Louis so far. And Prince George looks full of mischief.

“People will look at that and feel the Royal Family’s future is in safe hands.”
Old 12-15-2018, 06:58 AM
Royal Highness

one more verdict

Markle sparkle v. country Kate: Two very telling cards...and deliciously, says JAN MOIR, they reveal all you need to know about the different wives of Windsor
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ing-cards.html
Old 12-15-2018, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
one more verdict

Markle sparkle v. country Kate: Two very telling cards...and deliciously, says JAN MOIR, they reveal all you need to know about the different wives of Windsor
Rubbish. Thoroughly nasty snark towards both families.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:15 AM
Majesty

Royal photographer Arthur Edwards verdict on the Sussex Christmas photo:

“I HATE black and white Christmas cards. You can’t even tell they are watching fireworks. They remind me of war photos of a bombing.

“I don’t like they have their backs to camera. Nice try at doing something different but they are trying to be too clever and arty.”

Royal photographer Arthur Edwards verdict on Charles and Camilla’s Christmas card:

“A LOVELY card. Prince Charles wants to show how dearly he loves his wife and wants people to see that she will be by his side when he is monarch.

“There is a formality to this but it still manages to be very personal.”
Old 12-15-2018, 07:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Interesting, Arthur sounds grouchy. Probably angry he’s not gotten good photos of H & M.

I thought it was a lovely, romantic photo from the couple’s wedding day-the most important day for them as a couple. I know we only see them from behind, but they seem relaxed and happy to me.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

“I HATE black and white Christmas cards. You can’t even tell they are watching fireworks. They remind me of war photos of a bombing.

“I don’t like they have their backs to camera. Nice try at doing something different but they are trying to be too clever and arty.”
I get that Arthur thinks he is an expert, but why did we need to hear this? He just sounds cranky and petty. GRINCH!

We all get to pick out our own photos for Christmas. And if people don't like them, they should just not look. Merry Christmas, Arthur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post

Lovely picture of the two of them, yet not very much a holiday picture imo. Wrap a red bow around them with mistletoe hanging above.....
The photo the POW chooses is almost never Christmassy. They pick something from over the year, This is very in keeping with that.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:56 AM
Administrator

I personally like the use of this photo for their Christmas card - it was always going to be a photo from their wedding and the fireworks add a festive, celebratory touch to the idea. It seems back and white photography for their official photos is something they will continue to do and I like that consistency.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:06 AM
Serene Highness

I love that card. The b/w gives it a wintery feel & we're invited in to share their view & their romantic moment at the end of their wedding day. I think it'll be a hit with many young people, who also have this kind of photo taken at their wedding. Plenty of time in the future for the kids & dogs pics.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
one more verdict

I thought it was actually a kind of funny article. Putting aside the equal-opportunity snark, it isn't saying anything that isn't perfectly obvious from just looking at the different photos. All three couples chose different styles of photos as their Christmas card image, and they all present different impressions. Are those impressions carefully calculated? Probably, but the Christmas cards are another form of BRF public relations, so nothing earth shattering there.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:18 AM

A lovely photo of the Cambridge family.

I love the black and white photo. It looks artsy and current. But I don't think it suits a Christmas card. It's my personal opinion that Christmas card photos should look warm and happy.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Yeah the fact that they have their backs to the camera is kind of weird. When I think of any Christmas card, the senders are always turned towards the camera. It's really nice and probably signifies a lot to them, but it doesn't feel very Christmas-y.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I get that Arthur thinks he is an expert, but why did we need to hear this? He just sounds cranky and petty. GRINCH!

We all get to pick out our own photos for Christmas. And if people don't like them, they should just not look. Merry Christmas, Arthur.

He doesn't sound cranky and petty - he just sounds like someone who doesn't like the photo. And many people, even on here (myself included) did not think it was a great choice for a Christmas card. Everyone is allowed to have their opinion and just because we're not singing praises for Meghan and Harry doesn't mean we're not allowed to say what we think.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:07 AM
Royal Highness

I just can't with some reporters, royal or otherwise. They expect royals to reach out to them to get press. The picture is beautiful and showing they will do their own thing.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I love that card. The b/w gives it a wintery feel & we're invited in to share their view & their romantic moment at the end of their wedding day. I think it'll be a hit with many young people, who also have this kind of photo taken at their wedding. Plenty of time in the future for the kids & dogs pics.

I had many black and white photos from my wedding, so I think you're right about that. Black and white feels vintage and timeless. Also, it makes me think of New Years, rather than Christmas. H&M are not going to be queen and king, and they don't really owe the public a certain kind of photo.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgirl44 View Post
I love the black and white photo. It looks artsy and current. But I don't think it suits a Christmas card. It's my personal opinion that Christmas card photos should look warm and happy.
I think Harry and Meghan look happy in their Christmas card photo-even though we don’t see their faces you can see it in their body language. The photo exudes love.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

It’s not an official Christmas photo. They just used their wedding reception photo for their Christmas card. I totally understand, Arthur’s, point but it’s a beautiful picture of the couple.

Arthur, has been a bit cranky with, Harry, because he think, Harry, has become too serious now that he’s gotten married and became a Duke. Harry, is still a very fun guy, but he’s also grown up too. He’s got a wife and now a baby on the way. It’s all natural.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-15-2018, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't believe that the photos for any of the royal's Christmas cards were selected with the public in mind at all. These are the photos chosen for their personal Christmas cards to friends and family. They just happen to feel generous enough to share them with the public.

I still really like the photo Harry and Meghan chose. Then again, I'm not one that celebrates Christmas so what do I know?

Tags
christmas