The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2017, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I wonder if George got that police car that he's been wanting.

Old 12-25-2017, 05:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
A good friend sent me the transcript of the Queen's speech so I could read it and you're not alone, Gaudete, that speech put a big lump in my throat. It really hits (pun intended) home.

It really did make me weep! Maybe itís because Iím getting so old. But as HM was speaking, I had a lump in my throat and then the tears came. Iím so proud of her! Just the right note.

Old 12-25-2017, 05:59 PM
Administrator

These days I always get a lump in my throat when I watch the Queen's Christmas message, it;s always played a significant part of my Christmas all these years and this year in particular it was a very personal message.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Majesty

The speech was very, very moving and very family centred which was echoed in each of family groups walking to church. Wales, York, Wessex, etc. all underlining the joy that only family can bring and that Christmas is a "family" celebration.

It also gave an idea to watchers of just how many "families" there are in the royal family and they were not even all present. Just underling that the people on the balcony after the Trooping of the Colour are all family. Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, nieces, nephews and nieces grandchildren, great-grandchildren, grandnephews and nieces. All extended family.

I love the way the "Fab Four" presented a united front, with William and Harry figuratively standing between the public and their wives, but also a family.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
This is sweet..
This is a great pic. Meghan looke d great, but i am not a fan of that hat. Loved the color but it looked like a dome with a curly que on the side.

What wa up with york princess wearing sneakers. Unless she hurt her foot or something, that was once again a not a good look on her.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000 View Post
This is a great pic. Meghan looke d great, but i am not a fan of that hat. Loved the color but it looked like a dome with a curly que on the side.

What wa up with york princess wearing sneakers. Unless she hurt her foot or something, that was once again a not a good look on her.
Beatrice wore them to the first private church service--the ladies don't dress up for it. She wore heels to the big public walk service.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000 View Post

What was up with york princess wearing sneakers. Unless she hurt her foot or something, that was once again a not a good look on her.
That was a different church service. She wore this on the second, more formal service:
http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-co...ristmas-11.jpg

Old 12-25-2017, 06:58 PM
Majesty

To be honest, I think the press only realised they attended early service for Holy Communion the first year after William and Catherine married! Now they have to get there early enough to get a good spot for the 0830hrs service and then hang around for the 1100hours Carol Service. They must all freeze their tooshes off!
Old 12-25-2017, 07:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I wonder if George got that police car that he's been wanting.
When I saw the letter I had visions of many people/organisations suddenly getting a police car posted - I really can't see that he didn't get one 😆
Old 12-25-2017, 07:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
That was a different church service. She wore this on the second, more formal service:
http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-co...ristmas-11.jpg

Still. It sends a message. Not ready for prime time. @sneakersatsandringham
Old 12-25-2017, 08:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Beatrice wore them to the first private church service--the ladies don't dress up for it. She wore heels to the big public walk service.
Ok, that threw me off.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:10 PM
Nobility

I don't think it's a bad show of character to want to be comfortable while meeting your Lord in his house, especially when this is not the press/public service of the day.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Still. It sends a message. Not ready for prime time.
I actually think attending three church services in two days sends a more important message than what kind of shoes one wears, but then Iím religious and donít consider Christmas a fashion show.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree. the Royal Family is about so much more than what they wear. But then again, I'm not interested in fashion overly much.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Those are parts of the 'suite' he is given. You wouldn't put other family members in the same 'suite' as him anyways. But in the past years Charles has stayed at Wood farm. Sandringham is not that large, the suites are minimal, and even with families sharing suites, they have had to take over servant rooms. Even if we made Harry and Meghan sleep in Charles' dressing room, if in the main house, there is certainly not enough room for all the Kents and Gloucesters there as well.
No. You're wrong.

Charles was upset when Edward and Sophie, as officially a married couple, comandeered more rooms than he did as a widower in the big house. Charles never went to Wood Farm. As soon as he and Camilla went to Sandringham as a married royal couple, they got all of the rooms back that a Prince of Wales and Consort was entitled to.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I know some were asking about the walk about and flowers earlier. This video is much closer to the gate, which is the end of the crowd. Some members have flowers in their hands. Harry and Meghan at the end. They were about to walk into the gate, and Harry stopped her since he saw a little girl with flowers. They went over there and she shook hands with the little girl. Note to everyone, if you want to make sure they definitely come over to you, have a child with you. Meghan stopped to say hi to a couple of young children at Nottingham as well after Harry already got in the car on the other side.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:14 PM
Aristocracy

Her Majesty The Queen's 2017 Christmas speech was emotional

It was a good speech. A very good speech.

One to cherish, in ten years, we may never get to see this type of grand setting again.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
No. You're wrong.

Charles was upset when Edward and Sophie, as officially a married couple, comandeered more rooms than he did as a widower in the big house. Charles never went to Wood Farm. As soon as he and Camilla went to Sandringham as a married royal couple, they got all of the rooms back that a Prince of Wales and Consort was entitled to.
Interesting. Can you provide the source for this information, please?
Old 12-25-2017, 09:17 PM
Aristocracy

Andrew should stay with his brother and sister and parents this week at Sandringham.

I think the next time we would see the Duchess of York at St Mary's church is when Philip passes on, Philip and Sarah have a bad relationship as former father-in-law and daughter-in-law.

I know Charles and Camilla travel to Scotland to Birkhall, I wonder if Meghan will go to Birkhall soon to see her great-grandmother-in-law's summer holiday home?
Old 12-25-2017, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
Andrew should stay with his brother and sister and parents this week at Sandringham.

I think the next time we would see the Duchess of York at St Mary's church is when Philip passes on, Philip and Sarah have a bad relationship as former father-in-law and daughter-in-law.
Honestly, even without Philip, I don't know if we would ever see Duchess of York at Sandringham again. It's one thing to invite someone who is marrying into your family soon, it quite another to invite someone who has divorced out of your family. She's quite simply not a member of the royal family at this point. And yes, I'm well aware she's still the York Princesses' mother. But plenty of people don't get invited to ex-in-law's for Christmas.

Tags
christmas