British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Peter and Zara and their families either, that's the smallest Church parade at Sandringham I can remember.

Small but certainly colourful this Christmas morning ;)

British Royal Christmas 2008-2019

I have just seen on the BBC World Service a picture of the Duke of York walking side by side with the Prince of Wales in a sign of support from his elder brother. Was that picture taken on their way to the private service then ?

That’s correct. I posted said picture about an hour or so ago.

Not quite sure how you got the “sign of support” bit when they were just walking to church though.

Karen Anvil the photographer who took the Fab Four shot in 2017, got this fantastic shot of Charlotte when handing her a gift;

The RF are just leaving; Sophie is returning in the car with The Queen and Camilla is walking.

Last edited:
No Zara or Peter? So only little ones are the Cambridges.

Zara and Mike, I believe, are about to get on a plane for Australia and so didn't want the hassle of doing Christmas Day at Sandringham and then almost immediately have to pack the kids up again to set out for Oz.

Last edited:
No Zara or Peter? So only little ones are the Cambridges.

The Phillips were not at the Queen’s family Christmas lunch last week either. I’d guess they are visiting Autumn’s family this year.

No Peter and Zara and their families either, that's the smallest Church parade at Sandringham I can remember.

Smallest? with Yorks' boys? with all Snowdons? with all Chattos? Did you see footage of the arrival?

I have just seen on the BBC World Service a picture of the Duke of York walking side by side with the Prince of Wales in a sign of support from his elder brother. Was that picture taken on their way to the private service then ?

There are two services the one Andrew attended is at 9 a.m and I believe before people line up to see the royals. Andrew didn't attend the 11 a.m service which is where the public can see them arrive. As for a sign of support they are brothers, no matter what Charles is not going to disown his brother no matter how stupid he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christmas 2019 at Sandringham-pictured attending 11am service—
The Queen
Charles & Camilla
William & Catherine, George and Charlotte
Beatrice & Edo
Eugenie & Jack
Edward & Sophie, Louise and James
Anne & Tim
Sarah & Daniel, Samuel and Arthur
David & Serena, Charles and Margarita

And of course not attending the 11am service, but known to be at Sandringham-Philip and Andrew.

Last edited:
Perfect Christmas Day from the Royals IMO:

The picture of Cambridges by Kate was fab, I always think black and white covers up a bit of imperfection and apparently they had just been swimming so maybe helps cover the wet hair. Anyway its a lovely picture and nice that the Cambridge's are sharing more with us!

Nice Christmas day service, nice to see HM and Camilla arriving together and still including Sophie by riding home with her. It allowed us pictures of Charles William and George together.

Nice the children made their first appearance, about time and helps focus on the mainline future of the monarchy

Good decision about Andrew, the 9am service is private and more of a private family thing IMO. The later service is, to me, basically an official duty that just includes the wider family. Andrew attending that would have been making a point and its right he stayed away

The Queen seemed very smiley and happy, loved Camilla and Anne comparing their purple coats!!

Just HM’s Christmas Speech to ace now and it will be a super successful Christmas after a difficult year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that posts attempting to make comparisons between royal family Christmas cards have been removed or edited.

I am sorry not a fan of the new Cambridge picture. It looked like a bad attempt at being artistic and just didn't work. And if they were going to release another photo, something recent and with all would be more festive.

Good choice by Andrew. Still church as part of the family and Christmas, but the earlier service.

Great seeing Edo there with them this year.

Extended aside, the queen's immediate family slimmed down a bit. I suspect the Sussexes are not the only ones enjoying a Canadian Christmas. If true, I am sure after all these years of Windsor Christmas, nice for autumn to take her husband and daughters home to her family holidays. So all the fuss about Archie, and of the queen's eight great grandchildren, only three were there.

The Cambridge kids were cute and well behaved.

Festive dress. My list for women

1 Anne
2 Beatrice
3 tie for Elizabeth and Camilla
4 Kate
5 Eugenie
6 Sophie

I am sorry not a fan of the new Cambridge picture. It looked like a bad attempt at being artistic and just didn't work. And if they were going to release another photo, something recent and with all would be more festive.
I think the Cambridge photo was released because it was a cute, warm family photo, William kissing Louis was sweet.
I really like how the Cambridges are sharing their children just a bit more.
IMO, b&w was used to focus more on the people in the photo. I imagine the colors are not co-ordinated.

:previous: I agree that it is a treat to see another family photo. It appears to be one taken around the same time as Louis' first birthday photos. ?

Good to see that the 'new rule' on engaged couples has been extended to Edo as well; and a wise decision for Andrew to stay with his father, while the family also made clear he is still part of the family by having Andrew join his mother, brothers and niece to the early service.

Charlotte remains a blend of The Queen and Kate. Louis (in his more recent pics from last week) is looking more a Windsor. George a blend of William and Michael.

Waiting to see if the Cambridge kids are walking to Church with their parents.

LaRae

Totally agree with you on who Charlotte and George resemble.
George looked a lot more like William today than I’d ever seen before.

Charlotte is more extroverted than either of her parents or the Queen.

Good choice by Andrew. Still church as part of the family and Christmas, but the earlier service.

Great seeing Edo there with them this year.

Extended aside, the queen's immediate family slimmed down a bit. I suspect the Sussexes are not the only ones enjoying a Canadian Christmas. If true, I am sure after all these years of Windsor Christmas, nice for autumn to take her husband and daughters home to her family holidays. So all the fuss about Archie, and of the queen's eight great grandchildren, only three were there.

The Cambridge kids were cute and well behaved.

Festive dress. My list for women

1 Anne
2 Beatrice
3 tie for Elizabeth and Camilla
4 Kate
5 Eugenie
6 Sophie

Zara rarely if ever joins them for Christmas and Peter always does. Both are entitled, as his Harry, to spend Christmas elsewhere if they wish. They usually do have the Phillips girls and the Cambridge lot at Christmas. I am sure Charlotte and George are missing S and I, they seem close with. They so seem very found of Mia.

Totally agree with you on who Charlotte and George resemble.
George looked a lot more like William today than I’d ever seen before.

Charlotte is more extroverted than either of her parents or the Queen.

Young William was more of a spitfire than Charlotte. She still seems to have her timid moments. And George can be quite the goofball as we saw at the football match, and when he's around Savannah. We'll see how they change as they grow.

Last edited:
The sight of Princess Charlotte curtseying was cute, cute!
:flowers:

Young William was more of a spitfire than Charlotte. She still seems to have her timid moments. And George can be quite the goofball as we saw at the football match, and when he's around Savannah. We'll see how they change as they grow.

Harry was the most outgoing royal child.

Zara rarely if ever joins them for Christmas and Peter always does. Both are entitled, as his Harry, to spend Christmas elsewhere if they wish. They usually do have the Phillips girls and the Cambridge lot at Christmas. I am sure Charlotte and George are missing S and I, they seem close with. They so seem very found of Mia.

My point exactly. I was pointing out,might you missed the fuss comment, the double standards. All the whining that Archie isn't there and denying the queen him at Christmas. When in reality five out if nine of the great grandchildren are not there. It seems people choose to ignore Zara or Peters kids. Do people think the queen only cares about the grandkids closest to the throne??

I am sure the Cambridge kids will miss them more then the queen. I don't know how close they really are. But they have fun playing. Not having little cousins their age or close yo play at the queen's Christmas will not be as exciting.

Charlotte actually seemed more shy today. Her mother tried to get her to shake hands and she drew back. The hug was for the lady who gave her a big pink flamingo, which helped conquer her nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom