The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-20-2017, 06:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudete View Post
Iím going to scour my bookshelves tonight to doublecheck but Iím sure that the luncheon offered is a buffet style lunch to allow members of the family to circulate and talk to each other rather than a formal sit down affair.
I remember reading at the time of William's wedding that the Queen was far from happy that the reception was to be a buffet as she believes that meals should be had sitting down and not wandering around with food. I therefore doubt that it would be a buffet with people walking around - maybe the go and collect food and then sit at a set seat but as for walking and talking - I don't think so.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well yeah Bertie if that's actually true.

LaRae

Old 12-20-2017, 07:12 PM
Courtier

Iím on the hunt! So far Iíve found that a buffet is presented for the family on Christmas Eve at Sandringham but no mention yet of the Palace lunch.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:30 PM
Majesty

I got a kick out of Eugenie wearing earrings from Chelsy Davyís jewellery line
Old 12-20-2017, 09:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I think the previous traditions of fiancees not spending Christmas at Sandringham is also partly due to royal wives not being able to spend Christmas with their own families after the marriage. We know Diana wanted to spend Christmas with the Spencers prior to her father's death, but was told it can't happen. For a lot of them, until recently, that was the last Christmas they could spend with their own families.
I did not know that about Diana wanting to spend Christmas with her family before her father died. Could you tell me where you read that? I have been trying to find it.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudete View Post
Iím on the hunt! So far Iíve found that a buffet is presented for the family on Christmas Eve at Sandringham but no mention yet of the Palace lunch.
That would be interesting considering that is the formal dinner with everyone in full evening wear and tiaras according to all the reports I have read on that issue.

None of my sources have ever suggested that any meal is a buffet and certainly not the Christmas Eve dinner.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Definitely a poor choice in jewelry on part of Princess Michael.

Glad to see the family out in large numbers. Expect its a quite warm casual event as far as royals go. I am sure even the kids had a ton of fun.

Laugh at the Fail's continued mistakes. Little Freddie Windsor, and his suddenly blonde mother

Hopefully the real Sophie Winkleman is recovering well from her injuries
Old 12-20-2017, 11:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Anyone know when the Queen is leaving for Sandringham now that the family luncheon is over with? I did read that Will and Kate and family are getting ready to head to Amner Hall.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Anyone know when the Queen is leaving for Sandringham now that the family luncheon is over with? I did read that Will and Kate and family are getting ready to head to Amner Hall.
I read rumors that she heads out tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Little Freddie Windsor, and his suddenly blonde mother
Little Isabella Windsor, and her suddenly blonde mother

Tis a very confusing season!

I don't like Princess Michael's brooch, and I wouldn't like it if the blue were pink either, but it has been enlightening reading about other people's perceptions, and I can appreciate where they're coming from; I've learned something, always good.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
Little Isabella Windsor, and her suddenly blonde mother

Tis a very confusing season!

I don't like Princess Michael's brooch, and I wouldn't like it if the blue were pink either, but it has been enlightening reading about other people's perceptions, and I can appreciate where they're coming from; I've learned something, always good.
Yes I know its Isabella, that's why I mentioned both the child and mom. The awkward mistakes of Daily Fail get worse and worse

I'd say perhaps they drank too much eggnog but nothing new with the fail. Honestly if you are not one of the core members, and even those get confused at times, you might be called any name under the sun.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:35 PM
Heir Apparent

You'd think though the writers would at least have other previous photos to help identify the attendees. It's not like the lunch was a big surprise and caught them unawares.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:07 AM
Courtier

British Royal Christmas 2008-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
That would be interesting considering that is the formal dinner with everyone in full evening wear and tiaras according to all the reports I have read on that issue.

None of my sources have ever suggested that any meal is a buffet and certainly not the Christmas Eve dinner.

Iíve found one reference to the Christmas Eve buffet dinner but I think thatís a mistake on the part of the author because in Brian Hoeyís book and in Darren McGradyís book they both say that a buffet dinner is served at 8.30pm on Christmas Day and that the Christmas Eve dinner is the most formal meal offered over Christmas.

McGrady also makes reference to the Christmas Day buffet here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Christmas.html
Old 12-21-2017, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'd imagine by end of day Friday at latest, possible today even.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip arrive Sandringham for the Christmas

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...to_sandringham

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ings-Lynn.html

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh, lead into St. Mary Magdalene Church as the royals gather at Sandringham for Christmas Eve service

Old 12-21-2017, 08:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

It’s always a treat to see The Queen and Prince Philip arrive at Sandringham for the Christmas season.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-21-2017, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Here are some more pics of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh today:

** gettyimages gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Arrives At King's Lynn Station **
Old 12-21-2017, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and Prince Philip arrive in Norfolk for Christmas-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...idays?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-21-2017, 01:35 PM
Courtier

Okay, I want the queens coat! Somebody point me to where I can find it! (Or a similar one of the exact same color)
It’s beautiful!!
Old 12-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Okay, I want the queens coat! Somebody point me to where I can find it! (Or a similar one of the exact same color)
Itís beautiful!!
HM really stand out when she wears royal purple. And... matched up with that Hermes scarf, its magnificent! Bright, cheery, festive and quite a lot of other adjectives that just won't come off my tongue right now.

Tags
christmas