The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-20-2017, 12:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Osipi, donít get me started, because I just came across a recipe for Chicken-Apple Sausages wrapped up in puff pastry with a honey mustard dipping sauce. Iíll be making it for Christmas, but I want it right now....after seeing the royals enjoy a festive lunch.
Dman, you really should make it now - to make sure that it will do for Christmas a sacrifice on your part - taste testing - as a favor to your guests
Once we see the luncheon pix I know the Royal Christmas season has officially started, hurray!

Old 12-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Christmas Baking officially begins here on Saturday. Saturday is cookie and rice krispy treats being made. My God-daughter and oldest granddaughter are going to use Christmas cookie cutters and make iced cookies.

I'm making an old German cookie recipe I got from my Mother in Law years ago. A cooked raisin filled cookie (top/bottom with a soft raisin mixture in the center). They are amazing...I only make them during Christmas.

Sunday I start making some of the food for Monday. I'm doing an all appetizer menu for Christmas day instead of a sit down dinner.

LaRae

Old 12-20-2017, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

All the food sounds delicious, but back on-topic please
Old 12-20-2017, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

Late to the banquet--I enjoyed seeing little Charlotte in the pictures most of all, although its so nice to see everyone enjoying the day.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Late to the banquet--I enjoyed seeing little Charlotte in the pictures most of all, although its so nice to see everyone enjoying the day.
Charlotte looks like she just woke up from a nap. It was so cute. She has grown quite a bit since the photo they released as Christmas card though.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Harry and Meghan already left the lunch. A little surprising.

I think that's a normal amount of time. I read somewhere that the lunch lasted 2 hours. They were there for longer than that, so seems fine, IMO.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think that's a normal amount of time. I read somewhere that the lunch lasted 2 hours. They were there for longer than that, so seems fine, IMO.
Restaurants generally allow an Hour and a half for three courses, so with drinks beforehand 2 and a half[ish] hours is perfectly normal...
Old 12-20-2017, 04:07 PM
Courtier

As we all know, the DF has great pics, so i went there. They had Lord Frederick down with his wife, and two children Maud and Freddie. So one out of three right! Sophie was not there; i expect she is still recovering from her back injury, there was a blonde woman in the car next to LF, but it wasn't Gabriella, probably the nanny, or bodyguard, or whatever; it certainly wasn't Sophie. And little Isabella was referred to as LF's SON Freddie! Honestly, all they have to do is google if they don't know; a child could do it! Maud is SO CUTE! And so was Charlotte. And Meghan, great to see her there.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Iím going to scour my bookshelves tonight to doublecheck but Iím sure that the luncheon offered is a buffet style lunch to allow members of the family to circulate and talk to each other rather than a formal sit down affair.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...3779887625.jpg

Awww, cutest picture of the day. Love the corgi soft toy!
Old 12-20-2017, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Oh I like that. Thanks Gaudete. I can imagine all the adults mingling and eating and drinking while the kids all run around being the little crumb snatchers they are. I can see George gravitating to Maud and taking her to Mummy and saying "This is my friend from school!"

Family occasions are great.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:19 PM
Nobility

It was so lovely seeing these pics. Lady Margarita Armstrong Jones is growing up to be a very beautiful young lady
Old 12-20-2017, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudete View Post
I’m going to scour my bookshelves tonight to doublecheck but I’m sure that the luncheon offered is a buffet style lunch to allow members of the family to circulate and talk to each other rather than a formal sit down affair.
I read in a copy of Majesty magazine years ago that the guests are seated at round tables in the Bow room which is the room at the very back of BP which opens out onto the garden. I suppose it could still be a buffet though with guests taking their lunch to sit at whatever table they please. The Queen did a Christmas broadcast one year as well which showed some clips from that year's lunch. The sofas in the long gallery were covered in gifts and in one scene Philip and the Queen handed some to the daughters of Lord St. Andrews. I tried finding footage of that broadcast again but to no avail.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do we know if that is Tane Lewis or Rufus Gilman with the Duke of Gloucester?
Old 12-20-2017, 04:45 PM
Majesty

I know Rufus was there

Edit: The DM says it’s Rufus
Old 12-20-2017, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

How much Charlotte has changed allready since the photo they picked as christmas card!
Old 12-20-2017, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes I thought so as well...she's changed some plus she had a different expression on her face!

LaRae
Old 12-20-2017, 05:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes I thought so as well...she's changed some plus she had a different expression on her face!

LaRae
I also see a slight resemblance to Eugenie. Do you?
Old 12-20-2017, 05:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes - but she also looks here like a young Caroline Kennedy IMO.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Yes there's something about the upper part of her face that reminds me of Eugenie.

LaRae

Tags
christmas