British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
to me, it is irrelevant where H&M chose to spend xmas and there was no need for them to communicate on it from my perspective. we already knew they would take some months off from the (self created) media drama they got themselves into, so i am sure no one expected them with the royals during xmas anyway.

i am excited to see who shows up this year. W&K have not been to spend xmas with kate's family in a while, i wonder if they will do so next year again, as they only did it once or twice.

It's because the British media and some others make a big issue out of everything this couple does. There was already a lot of speculation going on and they (BP) were probably getting a lot of questions. Better to answer them now and get it out of the way rather than them just not show up during the Christmas walk about the media and rumors going out of control.

I hope the Sussexes have a peaceful and relaxing Thanksgiving/Christmas with Meghan's mom who hasn't been able to share a Christmas with her daughter in 2+ years. I also hope that Doria gets a lot of cuddle time with Archie her only grandchild and his only living grandmother.

I hope the rest of the royal family is able to enjoy their Christmas as well.

Do you think that Prince Andrew will attend Christmas at Sandringham?

Part of me hopes in some ways he decides to spend it at his and Sarah's Swiss chalet. I just think HM needs a break from all the drama.

That said I do think he will probably be there, whether he attends the public church service remains to be seen.

Anyway, probably off topic!

I bet HM can't wait to get on that train to Norfolk for a break!

Do you think that Prince Andrew will attend Christmas at Sandringham?

I would love to see Beatrice and Eugenie, but I sincerely hope Andrew and Sarah will hightail it to Switzerland this year.

Let us pray.:ermm:

Andrew could end up doing what the extended family does, and just attend the Christmas lunch in London. Celebrate with his family then. And then head to Switzerland or just stay low in the UK.

I think it may depend on how the girls decide to spend Christmas. The Yorks are extremely close unit. If Eugenie and Beatrice are at Sandringham I can see Andrew going to be with them.

The only way we will know he is at Sandringham, IMO, is if we see his arrival. To avoid the press for his family sake, I don't see him doing the church walk.

They may decide to do a family Christmas instead either at Royal or in Switzerland. Beatrice and Edo may play into the decision as well. This is the first time in the royal family there has been a stepchild to consider (well a juvenile one, as Camilla's kids are adults).

One thing I could see perhaps:

-Wolfie is with his mom Christmas eve
-The Yorks spend Christmas eve at Sandringham
-Andrew/Sarah leave in the morning, the girls/husband/fiance after church
-Edo and Beatrice get Wolfie and either join the family at Royal, or they all head off to Switzerland

I could see them staying at Royal Lodge for the remainder of Christmas and heading to Switzerland for New years.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...oyal-Familys-Christmas-Day-church-outing.html

Well if protesters weren’t thinking it before they will be now. Looking less likely he will attend IMO even if this is made up it will push the Household to act

Of course its made up. Actual staff of the palace high up enough to have knowledge, wouldn't be talking. Its the usual 'sources' or 'insiders' who are 'understood to think'. DM covering their butts with their fake stories.

The queen is not going to invite or uninvite anyone to Christmas based on the dribble the DM posts.

Its highly likely Andrew will Choose not to do the church walk. But not because he is banished, or his mother is pressured. But to save the family the talk.

I don't expect to see the Duke of York walking to church this Christmas day and we may not see his daughters either,which would be a shame.

Andrew will make news either ways.. If he attends or not attends church.. I wonder is there risk of him getting heckled during the walk? I remembered a similar thing to Christina of Spain at a court hall.. Otherwise it won't make a difference either ways..

Christmas Day is the second most important Religious Feast on the Christian calendar after Easter and The Duke of York attending a church Service in full public view would be too much to stomach for many.

We'll see. I would not be surprised either way, but if Andrew does the walk to church on Christmas day it would be because that is what the royal family has always done and they are determined to carry on as usual.

I'm actually more curious if the Duke of Edinburgh is going to be doing the walk. He's been so invisible recently that I wonder a bit about his overall health.

Do you think Prince Andrew might arrive at Sandringham during the darkness of night in order to be avoided being photographed by the press? :photo::photo:

Philip hasn't done the walk for a while now I thought?

I could see Andrew turning up discreetly and just not attending church. We don't often see pictures of the royals turning up so it may be possible he'll sneak in. I have no problem with his family spending Christmas privately (and he is still family whatever else) but to me the Christmas Day service is a key royal family event, though not official as such, its a set piece event and seeing Andrew stroll to church with them all so close to this mess would just seem too much.

If 'family' means anything, surely it is at Christmas, and spending it with ones extremely elderly Parents is important, no matter the misdemeanours a family member may [or may not] have committed ?
Excluding a family member seems deeply unchristian, and not the sort of thing HMQ would countenance.

I think, given all that has gone on, it would be in rather poor taste for Andrew to walk with the family at Sandringham this year. Beatrice and Eugenie sure, since they're completely innocent in this, but not their father.

I think there are two issues:

a) will Andrew be at Sandringham

& then also

b) will Andrew take the very public walk to church

IMO part a) yes b) no

I do think Andrew will be at Sandringham, though perhaps he may leave earlier than normal for some time at the Swiss chalet? I don't think, though, that he will make the public walk to church. Not only would it be a distraction and in poor taste but could cause significant anxiety for his mother, his daughters, etc. and they've really all been through enough as a result of his mess.

It’ll be interesting to see how the Andrew and Christmas at Sandringham situation will play out.

At Christmas I just look forward for a quiet afternoon (evening in my place) of royals attending church service Just their walking in, climbing the steps, going in, turning right, their order of coming, their mini groups in which they walk, their filing, again the same while leaving, their gestures, body language.. every small, highly irrelevant thing.. gives me so much to sink in.. a quiet real holiday, and after a few hours, the Queens speech.
Again its not about the actual speech, but the small details..
But this year it simply won't happen.. Everything will be overshadowed..:( :( :(

I think he will join his family for Christmas but he won't attend church.

I think we won’t see Prince Andrew at the main church service but he may go to the early one where they have communion and normally drive.

I think we won’t see Prince Andrew at the main church service but he may go to the early one where they have communion and normally drive.

What is the time of the early Christmas church service?

I do think Andrew will be at Sandringham, though perhaps he may leave earlier than normal for some time at the Swiss chalet? I don't think, though, that he will make the public walk to church. Not only would it be a distraction and in poor taste but could cause significant anxiety for his mother, his daughters, etc. and they've really all been through enough as a result of his mess.

If he goes to Sandingham I can't see him leaving 'earlier than usual' as he, and the girls, leave after the Queen's Speech to go to Sarah for the remainder of Christmas Day. Charles and Camilla also leave at the same time usually - Camilla to go to her family while Charles goes to Birkhall to bring in the New Year.

If he goes to Sandingham I can't see him leaving 'earlier than usual' as he, and the girls, leave after the Queen's Speech to go to Sarah for the remainder of Christmas Day. Charles and Camilla also leave at the same time usually - Camilla to go to her family while Charles goes to Birkhall to bring in the New Year.

I thought Charles was usually around for the Boxing Day shoot and Camilla and he then went to Birkhall together around the 27th.

I think it would be nice if Princess Eugenie and Jack and Princess Beatrice and Edoardo spent Christmas at Sandringham with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. :holly::holly::holly:

I thought Charles was usually around for the Boxing Day shoot and Camilla and he then went to Birkhall together around the 27th.
Camilla joins him there after seeing her grandchildren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom