British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest thing this all tells me is that Zara is a person that feels joy in giving. It doesn't mean that she spends a gazillion green dollars on gifts for the extended family though. She could buy something little like a scented candle for the ladies and small snowmen tie tacks for the men. Its the thought that counts. :D

I think its those times such as the Queen, Zara and Mike had with HM due to HM being under the weather and Mike and Zara recently suffering a loss that creates those special one-on-one times. Its those kind of times that we tend to carry with us for the rest of our lives.

Yeah, it’s all very nice of, Zara. It’s why I love Christmas. The spirit of giving and joy is something very precious.

Since the video is 55 minutes long and seems to have a lot of non-Christmas-at-Sandringham content, would someone who's watched it be willing to identify the relevant time stamps, please?

Relevant time stamps in regarding to what?

LaRae

What time indicated on the video where it begins to talk about Christmas at Sandringham. Like the 2:13 mark etc....

Reactions: hel
Thank Goodness he didn't wear it to the Christmas Morning Service ;)

Speaking on the podcast said: 'The Queen loves bright colours, that's why she wears all those amazing colours - she thinks that dark colours are for sad times.'

And such is the way with the older generations. Now, when I was growing up, light colors and bright colors were for spring and summer and dark colors were for autumn and winter. Now, any color goes at any time. Personal preferences kick in.

My mother thought as the Queen did. Its all perspective. :D

Speaking on the podcast said: 'The Queen loves bright colours, that's why she wears all those amazing colours - she thinks that dark colours are for sad times.'

Her granddaughters don't though do they eg Beatrice & Zara on the Christmas Day walk to church both wore navy blue.

Her granddaughters don't though do they eg Beatrice & Zara on the Christmas Day walk to church both wore navy blue.
You are right, they wore navy, not dark, almost black, navy.

You are right, they wore navy, not dark, almost black, navy.

Navy is navy. It’s not like it’s blue. Then perhaps there is a point to the argument. Nevertheless, I’m sure HMQ understand that general rule in fashion has changed and a lot of dark color outfits, even black, are made in a way that it wouldn’t be appropriate for funeral.

Last edited:
JMO, but I have always thought that the BRF, excepting HM, often choose navy because it is classic and because the Queen so rarely wears it. So, for family gatherings, navy is almost always a safe choice since the Queen wears its so rarely and the tendency is to dress in coordination with the Queen, but not in the same color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets move on now from discussing fashion colours, thanks.

:newyear:Do we know what the Queen does for New Year's Eve? I imagine they still have some of the family staying - based on the pictures from church yesterday - I wonder if they have a big party or if its a quiet night in front of the TV.

I wonder who's still at Sandringham asides from the queen?

I wonder who's still at Sandringham asides from the queen?

By the church pics; the Wessex’s and Anne and Tim. The Queen will be hosting friends at Sandringham as well.

I think the Wessexes tend to stay at Sandringham until the children are back at school (which seems to be next Monday or later this working week depending on the school).
It was nice to see Louise at the New Year's service with her parents; she looked very grown up in her coat. She's going to be taller than Sophie soon!

Royal photographer Arthur Edwards verdict on the Sussex Christmas photo:

“I HATE black and white Christmas cards. You can’t even tell they are watching fireworks. They remind me of war photos of a bombing.

“I don’t like they have their backs to camera. Nice try at doing something different but they are trying to be too clever and arty.”

Royal photographer Arthur Edwards verdict on Charles and Camilla’s Christmas card:

“A LOVELY card. Prince Charles wants to show how dearly he loves his wife and wants people to see that she will be by his side when he is monarch.

“There is a formality to this but it still manages to be very personal.”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EG21pXNX4AIWtW2.jpg
When I saw this picture on Kensington Palace IG from the DDoS 2019 Pakistani Tour, it reminded me of DDoS Christmas 2018 picture and how much criticism was leveled against "their backs to the camera" photo.

Last edited:
Do you think that both Princess Beatrice of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi will come to Sandringham?

Gosh! How shocking! Noone else in the family has EVER done this...

Didn't William and Kate do it one Christmas ?

Harry and Meghan 'will not be spending Christmas at Sandringham'
https://mol.im/a/7679223
via

> It really is up to H&M to decide where they decide to spend Christmas, its hardly the end of the world.

> W&C have spent Christmas in Berkshire with the Middleton's on several occasions, and the Philips and Tindall families are also not always there.

> Personally, I would think it odd if they chose to spend it at FC. If they are away, that is a different matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
My own thinking is that when it comes to holidays and family gatherings, with the Queen and Philip being in their 90s, their family has grown immensely down through great grandchildren even. If anyone realizes that as kids and grandkids get older and marry and have families of their own, they're also gaining their own extended families in the process.

I don't see the family gatherings at Balmoral or Sandringham as being a "command appearance" nor a snub to the Queen if someone should decline to attend because of other plans or preferences for their own holiday. Its also private downtime for the members of the royal family and none of the public's concern with how they spend it.

In the past few days reporters have said the Sussexes are spending Christmas in L.A., Sandringham and also Africa. They don't know. Why ppl are acting like it's some breech of protocol (to not be at Sandringham) is beyond me....as already pointed out, it's been done before by other royals.

LaRae

If it's true--which is always a very big "if"--it's an interesting data point. Is it significant? Who knows? It might mean nothing more than, like a lot of families, the Sussexes will alternate where they spend the holidays between his family and her family. What will be interesting, and potentially more meaningful, will be if the Sussexes don't show up for Christmas at Sandringham next year, and don't visit Balmoral this next summer. Then there's a distinct pattern. Until then, all there is is piles of speculation and no facts.

In the past few days reporters have said the Sussexes are spending Christmas in L.A., Sandringham and also Africa. They don't know. Why ppl are acting like it's some breech of protocol (to not be at Sandringham) is beyond me....as already pointed out, it's been done before by other royals.

LaRae

The reporters want to gin another Sussex "scandal". Play off the interview, the Sussex vs Cambridge "feud", speculation they are leaving the the BRF you name it. A non Sandrngham Christmas may have been the works all the long for all we know. I hope the have a lovely Christmas and they may spend it with Doria- and meet the Raglands possibly. The Markles will throw a paid interview fit but expected if that happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom