The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-26-2015, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Don't know why anyone would get upset over The Queen wearing fur. She's been wearing the same furs for years. When the State Opening of Parliament took place in November, she wore white fur capes. Women and men wear fur, and it remains the most elegant attire one can wear. The Queen was the only one who beautifully stood out at Christmas service.

Fur is now appropriately recognized as needlessly cruel to animals and many oppose wearing it.

I personally make an exception for antique furs, but oppose the manufacture of new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 12-26-2015, 11:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Fur is now appropriately recognized as needlessly cruel to animals and many oppose wearing it.

I personally make an exception for antique furs, but oppose the manufacture of new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
People often forget that The Queen have lots of fur coats and capes, and has had them for decades. Sometimes her dressers often incorporate her old furs in new creations.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-27-2015, 02:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder how may bedrooms there are at Sandringham House as the media always make it sound very over crowded at Christmas!
Here is an aerial view of Sandringham from the rear.
Although it does not answer your question, it shows the size of Sandringham House.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...925741d92e.jpg

It would be interesting to know who lives where.
Who lives in the 'main house?
Who lives in the 'L' shape that is attached to main house?
Who lives in the reddish brown section?
Who lives in the 'smaller' house to the left?

The smaller house connects to the main house.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:04 AM
Nobility

Daily Fail up to it's usual standards (nice pictures though)

"Prince Philip also walked to the church beside Princess Maragret, who sported a festive shade of red with a scarlet coat and hat"
Old 12-27-2015, 09:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm wondering if the people at the DF will even notice there's been a mistake. I seriously doubt it as they're all conspiring on the latest footage to pull some kind of "scoop of dirt" out of nothing at all.

I do admit though that they do have some of the best photographs though. Now if only their journalistic talents could be brought up to the same level.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post

"Prince Philip also walked to the church beside Princess Maragret, who sported a festive shade of red with a scarlet coat and hat"
If he did, everyone should start running! These crazy mistakes, lol.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-27-2015, 09:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post

But at least the readers of DM know that it was princess Anne and not her dead aunt....
Old 12-27-2015, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Here is an aerial view of Sandringham from the rear.
Although it does not answer your question, it shows the size of Sandringham House.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...925741d92e.jpg

It would be interesting to know who lives where.
Who lives in the 'main house?
Who lives in the 'L' shape that is attached to main house?
Who lives in the reddish brown section?
Who lives in the 'smaller' house to the left?

The smaller house connects to the main house.
Complete speculation but I imagine the Queen and DofE have rooms in the 'main' part of the house along with the main reception rooms.
I suspect the reddish brown section contain staff offices and staff bedrooms and maybe a few extra guest bedrooms.
When you look at it like this you can see that the house is not really that big for 30 guests and all the staff. (Of course it is a big house for any 'normal' family).
Old 12-27-2015, 09:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

I agree i have the same feeling that Sandringham seems "small" for so many guests.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:34 AM
Majesty

In pictures: The Queen attends church in Sandringham with members of the Royal Family - News - Eastern Daily Press
Old 12-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Royal Highness

Old 12-27-2015, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm wondering if the people at the DF will even notice there's been a mistake. I seriously doubt it as they're all conspiring on the latest footage to pull some kind of "scoop of dirt" out of nothing at all.

I do admit though that they do have some of the best photographs though. Now if only their journalistic talents could be brought up to the same level.
They did. When I read the article it says Anne not Margaret, so it has been fixed.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:41 AM
Serene Highness

Members of the family attended Sunday Service today. Zara & Mike were there too.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The Royal Family attended a church service amid heightened police security checks for wellwishers at Sandringham.

Officers carrying bodyscanners even checked a little girl and a baby in a pram as all arrivals were subjected to extensive searches.

The Queen, the Prince of Wales, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry were among attendees for the traditional Sunday service at St Mary Magdalene Church.
Read more: Heightened police security for wellwishers as Royals attend church service - Telegraph
Old 12-27-2015, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Experts who watched the scenes outside said the extent of police checks at the Queen's Norfolk home was "unprecedented" compared with previous years.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...h_3536042b.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...h_3536041b.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...c_3536039b.jpg
Old 12-27-2015, 01:13 PM
Royal Highness

It didn’t look like the Middletons were at church today. I thought Camilla Tominey claimed that the Middletons were invited to Boxing day. Seems like Katie Nicholl and Rebecca English weren’t the only liars.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice to see Zara and Mike at Church, maybe they spent Christmas Day with Mike's family and now spend time with the RF.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

There are some nice photos at the orderofsplendor blog, including one of Lady Sarah and her two sons.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Nobility

it looks like peter and Autumn Philiips weren't there this Christmas, maybe they were in Canada with Autumn's family.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Majesty

Did Zara and Peter were there for Chrismas or not? I'm sorry to ask but with the Christmas festivities I didn't follow much. I guess that's pretty normal if both Peter and Zara's families have skipped this year Christmas with the queen, to spend it with the other side of the family. That's what folks do anyway...

Tags
christmas