The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-21-2015, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I'll never say the Daily Mail is worth defending but it may be that it depends which photo agency the pictures come from?Lovely to see a fun family day out !!

Old 12-21-2015, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

My cousin and her son, who is a month older than Prince George, went to the same event at Whitmoor Forest last week and they really enjoyed it. It sounds as if it's a great event for children. There's also an arts and crafts centre which was a favourite of my little cousin.
I also think it's lovely to see such a close relationship with the Wessexes and Princess Anne's children - I love the photo of Louise talking to Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I'll never say the Daily Mail is worth defending but it may be that it depends which photo agency the pictures come from? Lovely to see a fun family day out !!
That's a good point. Some photo agencies are stricter than others about using their photos. I did think it was a bit odd though.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-22-2015, 09:11 AM
Majesty

BritishMonarchy @BritishMonarchy
Christmas trees line the Marble Hall of Buckingham Palace 🎄🎄🎄 #ChristmasWeek

https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/...78876651675648
Old 12-22-2015, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-22-2015, 05:45 PM
Aristocracy

I read that the family members are required to arrive at Sandringham in order of precedence or seniority. I fully understand that this is a royal family but to me it takes the family relationship out and inserts a "state" relationship, as though they were arriving for an official event. I wonder if Charles will relax this a little or stay with the traditional protocol requirements. Glad it isn't me as I don't think I'd survive messing up some point of required protocol.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Personally I've always wondered how true that is, after all we only ever hear it from the media no one 'official' as such. I guess one argument for it is that with up to around 30 people arriving they have to arrive in some order and this is a way of doing that. However, equally I can not see the Queen having a problem with people arriving out of order if they need to arrive later for some reason.
Personally I imagine behind closed doors there possibly isn't that much protocol beyond what might be seen as more traditional good manners. Its like when people get all worked up about the order of precedence. I doubt that behind closed doors anyone worries about who to bow/curtsey to apart from the Queen and DoE.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

British Royal Christmas 2008-2015

Is Harry calling up the Yorks to see when they are leaving and then waits 15 minutes after they leave and then calls Wills when he gets near Sandringham so they can jump in the car for their slot?

What happens if there is a traffic jam on the way from Gatcome Park to Sandringham and Anne's crew is stuck, does her brothers have drive around the estate until they show?

The Chattos have it easy, they can just show up 2 days before

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-22-2015, 06:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Is Harry calling up the Yorks to see when they are leaving and then waits 15 minutes after they leave and then calls Wills when he gets near Sandringham so they can jump in the car for their slot?

What happens if there is a traffic jam on the way from Gatcome Park to Sandringham and Anne's crew is stuck, does her brothers have drive around the estate until they show?

The Chattos have it easy, they can just show up 2 days before

Maybe I've read things wrong but I always thought that the "arriving according to precedence" was not for their actual arrival at the Sandringham estate but for going into the formal Christmas dinner and being seated. They also dress in white tie with all the trimmings.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I have seen reported for the arrival at the estate because the press always talks about Charles arriving last on Christmas Eve. The supposed white tie dinner is on Christmas Eve too with the present opening on 24th too. Christmas Day is just church, lunch and watching the Queen's speech

Old 12-22-2015, 07:06 PM
Courtier

This makes sense to me. The logistics of who is coming when and getting them settled and their rooms ready.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

It was nice to see The Queen so relaxed when her makeup and hair was being touched up before her Christmas broadcast in the doc.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-24-2015, 02:09 AM
Royal Highness

Clarence House front door Christmas wreath.

Last year it had oranges & apples. This year only apples.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVyn69_WsAALLDs.jpg
Old 12-24-2015, 08:22 AM
Majesty

Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry have a Christmas kickabout in football match at Sandringham - Telegraph
Old 12-24-2015, 08:47 AM
Royal Highness

According to Katie Nicholl, James Middleton was supposed to join them. It doesn't seem like he or the other Middletons are there.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

There have been conflicting reports about whether the Middletons are going to be at Anmer/ Sandringham this Christmas. Some saying the Cambridge's are doing the same as last year - Christmas Eve and Christmas Church with royals and then christmas lunch with the Middletons - others saying they will be at Sandringham and then Anmer without the Middletons who may join them after Christmas Day. Only time will tell what actually happens (or if we don't see any pictures the media will just speculate however they want)
Old 12-24-2015, 09:25 AM
Majesty

The bottom line is the tabloids/press don't have a clue what the private plans are.

The papers make up multiple stories hoping it gets one right. Just like everything else with the royals.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Exactly - if they papers get it wrong they will say what actually happened was a 'last minute surprise'. If they got it right they will pretend they knew all along!
Old 12-24-2015, 10:09 AM
Majesty

William no doubt scouting that 13 year old for Aston Villa? I love this tradition.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Majesty

They are both thoroughly enjoying themselves, mud, rain and all! Harry's putting his heart and soul into it as usual!

I don't believe the Middletons are in Norfolk. We shall see, but I do think it's a Windsor Christmas at the big house for everyone this year.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

If Sandringham is as crowded as they always say it is, why would the Cambridges spend the night there when there own house is a few minutes away. Even without the Middletons at Anmer, it would free up rooms and dragging all the baby stuff for Charlotte if they just go back and forth between the 2 houses.

Tags
christmas