British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we saw a curtsy today. Meghan looked quite natural and graceful doing a curtsy.

Last edited:
Curtesy? Where is a pic of that?

LaRae

Curtesy? Where is a pic of that?

LaRae

I was watching on Sky News. Harry bowed at the same time. It was when the Queen was leaving in the car.

It was good to see the interaction amongst the Wales branch as they were walking down the church steps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm nothing on Twitter about that yet.

LaRae

Hmmm nothing on Twitter about that yet.

LaRae

Go to Sky News Live on Youtube. Once it starts streaming, hover the mouse over the bar and go back to that segment from before. You'll see them walking out and then waiting at the bottom of the steps as the Queen is getting into the car with Camilla. There was a curtsy. I looked multiple times.

:previous: You can tell from that pic that Harry took out his hands just in time. His pockets are still weird. :lol:

BTW, what is the rule on curtsy? I noticed no one behind them curtsied.

happy holidays..

Happy holidays everyone!

I was wondering about the roles and appearances of the royal members, as I recall the duke and the duchess of Cambridge engagement was on November so did the duchess attend the Christmas on the same year (before becoming officially member of the BRF)? :ermm:

not to offend but are the BRF(the Queen) more lenient towards Prince Harry?

I thought Meghan looked great and I loved what Camilla was wearing. I’m not entirely oversold on what Kate sported. It looked like something Princess Anne would wear!

Happy holidays everyone!

I was wondering about the roles and appearances of the royal members, as I recall the duke and the duchess of Cambridge engagement was on November so did the duchess attend the Christmas on the same year (before becoming officially member of the BRF)? :ermm:

not to offend but are the BRF(the Queen) more lenient towards Prince Harry?

No she didn't. William didn't even spend that Christmas with the royal family as he opted out to work so his coworkers can spend time with their families on Christmas instead. Meghan is the first royal fiancee to spend Christmas at Sandringham.

Couple of reason for this exception. One being that Meghan is a foreigner and has no family in England. Two being that Prince Philip and the Queen are at the age they are, every Christmas is a blessing.

William wasn’t there that year because he was working. So it makes sense that Kate spent that Christmas with her family.

:previous: You can tell from that pic that Harry took out his hands just in time. His pockets are still weird. :lol:

I think on the steps it might of been hard to curtesy.

LaRae

I thought Eugenie and Meaghan both looked fabulous. Not loving Catherine's coat. I have no idea what Sophie was thinking. It looked like she is wearing the living room curtins -- I'm very surprised. She usually looks pretty sharp.

I must say it is so great to see Harry walking into that Church with his fiancee. No longer a trio but a foursome, yeeees!
My thoughts exactly. Harry has been third wheeling for so long, it's nice to see him bring his very own partner for the very first time and she pretty much nailed it.

Can I just say though that the Queen is by far the best dressed today. She looks AMAZING in orange. :eek:

It is indeed lovely to see Harry as a group of four! They seem to mesh rather well too!

LaRae

They courtesy when first meet the Queen - my assumption is that they hadn't seen her prior to the church. They would have set out walking before the Queen's car left. Other members of the royal party probably had met the Queen already.

I've seen pictures where W and H bow their heads - as did the Vicar. Catherine and Meghan curtseyed then.

They don't courtesy every time, just the first time they see the Queen. It's entirely possible that they (William, Kate, Harry, Meghan) are staying at Anmer Hall, so it was the first time they saw her, while the rest of people saw her earlier that morning.

Catherine looks lovely. The Queen and Camilla looks so festive in their outfits. Sophie is soooooo chic, love it. The York princesses look beautiful. Lady Sarah Chatto looks beautiful. Anne looks classy as always. Louise is growing up so fast. Autumn looks chic and hip.

Bless Prince Phillip at 96 looking so spry and chipper.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't look like they did much of a walkabout today...

I was watching a BBC segment online, and they used the one word that I couldn’t find before and nailed it perfectly about Meghan this morning. Composed.

I don’t think I’d do too well if I had to move my whole life to a different country with a different culture, dress in a different custom, have first Christmas with the in laws and them being royals. Actually, just the in-laws part alone would’ve caused nerves. :lol: However, she looked quite calm and happy. Everything was right on queue. Including knowing exactly when to curtsy without having to be reminded or queued. And it’s good to see a picture from the photocall included next to Charles and Camilla in the Queen’s speech.

Last edited:
Very lovely royal Christmas appearance by the royal family and I enjoyed the Queen’s message. The choir was great too!

The Queen's Christmas Broadcast 2017

It doesn't look like they did much of a walkabout today...

I've been looking for photos of who swept up all the lovely bouquets. In past years Harry, Eugenie, Beatrice and Louise have all helped. I'm not finding that coverage yet, this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom