British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's ever been confirmed about the tiaras. Most sources I've seen say no tiaras.

LaRae

I think what Dman means is that they'll make their *public* family debut walking to church Christmas morning where Harry and Meghan are concerned.

They all most certainly were at the Christmas Eve formal dinner. We just don't get any information about that whatsoever.

I agree with what you say here. And I agree with Dman that they'll be with the family for the Christmas walk.

I just think the fact the Cambridges have their own house there means they don't actually "arrive at Sandringham", they just go over for events and stay at their own home. I guess it is word choice and interpretation.

Yes between Anmer and Wood farm, the Cambridges and Wales don't really 'arrive' at Sandringham. They could have been there for some time. It is a question of where Harry and Meghan are. Harry usually stays at the main home but I wonder if he will this year. It may be more comfortable, as Meghan gets used to her new family, for them to stay at wood farm. Would give her a chance to know Charles better, and there would be a bit more space. At the main house they have been falling over each other the past few years.

If they didn't plan to make the church walk tomorrow, not sure Harry and Meghan would have confirmed Christmas plans. There would have been no need to let us know. Be interesting to see her among the others. At least she has met them a few days ago so less nerves for her this time.

The extended family gets together for the big lunch because Sandringham is small. It is said that that they have to use servant courters at times there. It is why Windsor has been used at times in the past, much larger. The Kents and Gloucesters will be home with their own families.

:previous: Did Prince Philip take over Wood Farm? Or would he be staying at the main house during the time family is at Sandringham, and thus making Wood Farm available?

Yea, I don't think they would've made that statement if she wasn't going to do the walk Christmas morning. Given that no photography is allowed on the premises, the walk is the only time we see the. And it was very clear that we would be seeing them on Christmas Day. I think if at this point the plan is for her not to do the walk, there'll be disappointed people and media would have a field day.

:previous: Did Prince Philip take over Wood Farm? Or would he be staying at the main house during the time family is at Sandringham, and thus making Wood Farm available?

Yea, I don't think they would've made that statement if she wasn't going to do the walk Christmas morning. Given that no photography is allowed on the premises, the walk is the only time we see the. And it was very clear that we would be seeing them on Christmas Day. I think if at this point the plan is for her not to do the walk, there'll be disappointed people and media would have a field day.

Yes Philip has been staying at wood farm since retirement. But during Christmas I would expect him at the main house with his wife. Especially since that is where the family will do the walk from in the morning for church. I guess like Charles has in the past, he could join from wood farm, but seems unlikely. Since he was with them at the walk today, I'd think he is already with the family at the main home.

Not only to be with his wife, but also think he is a practical man. He knows space is limited. Taking up wood farm by himself, would put more strain on the main home. I guess Charles and Camilla could always stay with him, but it seems far more reasonable he is at the main estate.

The Cambridge’s and Harry always do the walk to church. Meghan will do the walk with Harry.

Last edited:
I think that's pretty much a given, Dman. :D

They walk togethern en masse as a family to church. Its not done by the order or precedence or anything. Usually though, its the Queen and Sophie that ride together to the church.

I expect big numbers of spectators this year. I don't think I'm going to be disappointed. Just a few hours away now. Until then, I'm tracking Santa.

https://www.noradsanta.org

Sandringham is a big estate. The whole family should be there.

It is a large estate, but the Sandringham house is not as large as we might imagine. In the past, staff have had to move out of their own bedrooms to make room for HM's niece, nephew and their families in addition to her own grandchildren and their families.

It is a large estate, but the Sandringham house is not as large as we might imagine. In the past, staff have had to move out of their own bedrooms to make room for HM's niece, nephew and their families in addition to her own grandchildren and their families.

It is a huge house, but senior royals get more than one bedroom. Charles not only is allocated a bedroom, but also a dressing room and another special room where he attends to his handwritten correspondence. Even though he is there for such a very short period over Christmas, this is what he requires.

It is a huge house, but senior royals get more than one bedroom. Charles not only is allocated a bedroom, but also a dressing room and another special room where he attends to his handwritten correspondence. Even though he is there for such a very short period over Christmas, this is what he requires.

Those are parts of the 'suite' he is given. You wouldn't put other family members in the same 'suite' as him anyways. But in the past years Charles has stayed at Wood farm. Sandringham is not that large, the suites are minimal, and even with families sharing suites, they have had to take over servant rooms. Even if we made Harry and Meghan sleep in Charles' dressing room, if in the main house, there is certainly not enough room for all the Kents and Gloucesters there as well.

Looks like the Snowdens and Chattos are also at Sandringham this year based on the dmail story - both David and Sarah were in the photos for Sunday services - so space will be at a premium.

There was more room at Windsor for the extended family to stay for Christmas. Sandringham’s quarters are limited. The Kent’s and Gloucester’s used to gather with the family at Windsor.

Picture:
People are starting to queue up very early at Sandringham to see the royal family-

Last edited:
The Queen praises 'powerful identities' of London and Manchester following this year's terror attacks and pays tribute to 'support and unique sense of humour' of the Duke of Edinburgh in her Christmas message

• The Queen's Christmas message will look at the last year with a 'home' theme
  • She will praise the 'powerful identities' of cities in the face of terrorist attacks
  • She will pay tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh who retired from solo public duties
  • The Queen's pre-recorded address from Buckingham Palace will be televised

The Queen discusses terror attacks in Christmas message | Daily Mail Online

Christmas Service today

Royal Family out for Christmas Day in Sandringham | Daily Mail Online

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed/2017/12/25/christmas_day_church_service,_sandringham

And the second service

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42477127

Gallery from today service

Pictures and Photos | Getty Images

The Queen’s Christmas Day Broadcast has once again topped off the TV ratings as almost 8 million viewers tuned in to watch in the UK alone.

The Queen’s Christmas Broadcast once again tops Christmas TV ratings – Royal Central

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the Snowdens and Chattos are also at Sandringham this year based on the dmail story - both David and Sarah were in the photos for Sunday services - so space will be at a premium.

While the Tindalls are enjoying the summer Christmas in Sydney.

Just watching the Service on BBC 1 ,looks like a nice morning for a walkabout after church.

I think the service is about 45 minutes.

God, I hate that color Meghan is wearing. :lol:

I don’t hate it, the boots seems pretty (but I like boots) the hat though is terrible, looks like the top of an acorn.. anyhow I don’t think she’s a bold colors person like the queen and Camilla, or even Sophie. She seems to prefer more toned down colors or dark versions of bold colors.

I loved that it was Camilla in the car with the queen today. I like Camilla and I like it that it seems that she is truly accepted and liked by the queen. I’m sure it makes Charles very happy to know that.

Last edited:
Yes, thank heavens the rain has held off so far. It could be a very large crowd. There was probably some fun at Anmer with George and Char's opening of gifts this morning.

I don’t hate it, the boots seems pretty (but I like boots) but I don’t think she’s a bold colors person like the queen and Camilla, or even Sophie. She seems to prefer more tones down colors or dark versions of bold colors.

I loved that it was Camilla in the car with the queen today. I like Camilla and I like it that it seems that she is truly accepted and liked by the queen. I’m sure it makes Charles very happy to know that.

I think I just don't like the brown. I'm ok with the coat. I know she's monochromatic color person, which is fine. But gah, that color! :lol: From the pictures of her, she looks adorable, but I just personally hate that color. :lol:

And honestly, they've been married 12 years and seem very happy. I'm sure the Queen, of all people, understand how important it is to have a good supportive spouse by the monarch's side. Honestly, the only thing Camilla has done wrong is the drama with the Wales' marriage, and that's not entirely her either as Charles and Diana all have their faults in that. There is only so long you can blame someone for something like this and then have to move on. But today isn't about that.

Yes, thank heavens the rain has held off so far. It could be a very large crowd. There was probably some fun at Anmer with George and Char's opening of gifts this morning.

Sky News said the crowd is bigger than last year. And I think they open presents yesterday? Though, they did miss the earlier service this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say it is so great to see Harry walking into that Church with his fiancee. No longer a trio but a foursome, yeeees!

It seemed a little windy as I noticed a few people trying to hold on their hats as they were walking.

As commenting any subtile sign from the BRF is a favourite sport on this forum, i would say that the shared car by the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall is a HUGE statement, especially this year with the worlwide media attention regarding Meghan.

I do think everyone is looking quite good, not a fashion extravaganza but quite British and cozy.

This is the first time i can picture Ms Markel as a member of the BRF...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom