The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
It is The Queen's equerry, Lieutenant Commander Andrew Canale.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Yeah I said he was her Equerry. The topic cropped up last year on another forum. He is always at Christmas and Easter with the Queen.
sorry, I had to believe

Old 12-25-2014, 10:34 AM
Majesty

Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 12 mins12 minutes ago
Prince George didn't miss out on church. He went to Sunday candlelit service at Anmer Church w W&K. Maddison Neal, 8, helped w his lantern.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

A member of my family was at Sandringham this morning. He said a police officer walked toward the crowd, to stop a man who yelled at William.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen's Christmas Message 2014: On Now
tvpc.com - BBC 1

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Queen's Christmas Message 2014: On Now
tvpc.com - BBC 1

Queen Elizabeth II is far from being my favorite royal, but I must admit that was one of her best Christmas Messages in recent years.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Queen Elizabeth II is far from being my favorite royal, but I must admit that was one of her best Christmas Messages in recent years.
I may be American but Her Majesty's Christmas Messages is my personal tradition and I always enjoy them. I like that she mention my favorite show, 'Game of Thrones.'

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and members of the Royal Family attended the Morning Service on Christmas Day at Sandringham Church-

Home - ITNSource News

I see The Queen didn't accept any flowers from children this year. I guess she's now leaving it to the younger royals.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

A very good speech by Her Majesty. I adore the Queen, but it is not always I have time to see the Christmas Message live on tv.

Old 12-25-2014, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
A very good speech by Her Majesty. I adore the Queen, but it is not always I have time to see the Christmas Message live on tv.

Not only one of her best of recent memory, but one of great truth as well. Especially during the times we live in where it seems our World is being torn apart by hatred and war. :(

Very well done indeed and, is also traditional for me, getting teary eyed at the end. Don't know why but every year I get choked up at the end of Rudolph when Santa wishes us all Merry Christmas and at the end of Her Majesty's Speech when she also does the same.

Every. Single. Christmas!! Can't explain it, but... :)

BTW...That was The Band of The Royal Marines playing first God Save The Queen and then Silent Night, right? Dad asked if I knew and judging from the uniforms, that's who I said it was, but not sure either, so...Just wondering if I got it right or not. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
James has alo not attend the past years and he is now already 7 years old.
Is there a reason why he almost never attends this kind of gatherings?
Old 12-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

BTW...That was The Band of The Royal Marines playing first God Save The Queen and then Silent Night, right? Dad asked if I knew and judging from the uniforms, that's who I said it was, but not sure either, so...Just wondering if I got it right or not. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
That is indeed the Band of Her Majesty's Royal Marines. Most likely chosen because 2104 is their 350th anniversary (and also because they're the best military band in the world ).
Old 12-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Seven year old boys can be very squirmy.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-25-2014, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
In wondered about that too because i think he should be old enough now to attend. Don't remeber when Louise started to attend but i think it at the latest 2010 when she was the same age as James is now.

Old 12-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Emily Andrews
‏@byEmilyAndrews
Prince George didn't miss out on church. He went to Sunday candlelit service at Anmer Church w W&K. Maddison Neal, 8, helped w his lantern.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-25-2014, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

European Royal Famiy Noel 2014

ROYALS CHRISTMAS 2014 | Selda Göktaş
Old 12-25-2014, 03:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
In wondered about that too because i think he should be old enough now to attend. Don't remeber when Louise started to attend but i think it at the latest 2010 when she was the same age as James is now.
I think Louise started to participate in the family walk from Church on Christmas Day in 2011, after her participation in William and Catherine's wedding, and Trooping the Colour. She was eight years old. Perhaps we'll see James next year, but it may depend on his ability to sit relatively still, and behave himself. Every child is different, and maybe at this time James is just not up to being a part of this.

I really enjoyed listening to Her Majesty's Christmas Message. I catch it every year. This year's message was quite moving, since as someone pointed out, it relates to what's going on in the world.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Is it possible Viscount Severn may be asserting nascent Atheism, and refuses to attend ? #joke
Old 12-25-2014, 06:39 PM
Majesty

RKD ‏@RoyalKateDebate
Great crowd video! A gift for Lupo & little girl breaks from the crowd to run & give Kate flowers
Old 12-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
RKD ‏@RoyalKateDebate
Great crowd video! A gift for Lupo & little girl breaks from the crowd to run & give Kate flowers
Well, that's interesting to listen to. I think I heard one "Sir," no ma'ams and no Catherines.

Also at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/...h-service.html Jill Lee steals a kiss from Harry and proclaims his cheek is very smooth.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Administrator

I don't recall seeing so many people waiting outside the church for the Royal Family! It was great to see the footage of almost everyone and particularly nice to see Lady Louise.
The Queen's Christmas message was lovely and beautifully filmed, there was a hint of a more personal feel to it than in previous years.

Tags
christmas