British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Osipi, don’t get me started, because I just came across a recipe for Chicken-Apple Sausages wrapped up in puff pastry with a honey mustard dipping sauce. I’ll be making it for Christmas, but I want it right now....after seeing the royals enjoy a festive lunch.

Dman, you really should make it now - to make sure that it will do for Christmas :flowers: a sacrifice on your part - taste testing - as a favor to your guests ?
Once we see the luncheon pix I know the Royal Christmas season has officially started, hurray!

The Christmas Baking officially begins here on Saturday. Saturday is cookie and rice krispy treats being made. My God-daughter and oldest granddaughter are going to use Christmas cookie cutters and make iced cookies.

I'm making an old German cookie recipe I got from my Mother in Law years ago. A cooked raisin filled cookie (top/bottom with a soft raisin mixture in the center). They are amazing...I only make them during Christmas.

Sunday I start making some of the food for Monday. I'm doing an all appetizer menu for Christmas day instead of a sit down dinner.

LaRae

All the food sounds delicious, but back on-topic please

Last edited:
Late to the banquet--I enjoyed seeing little Charlotte in the pictures most of all, although its so nice to see everyone enjoying the day.

Late to the banquet--I enjoyed seeing little Charlotte in the pictures most of all, although its so nice to see everyone enjoying the day.

Charlotte looks like she just woke up from a nap. It was so cute. :lol: She has grown quite a bit since the photo they released as Christmas card though.

Harry and Meghan already left the lunch. A little surprising.

I think that's a normal amount of time. I read somewhere that the lunch lasted 2 hours. They were there for longer than that, so seems fine, IMO.

I think that's a normal amount of time. I read somewhere that the lunch lasted 2 hours. They were there for longer than that, so seems fine, IMO.

Restaurants generally allow an Hour and a half for three courses, so with drinks beforehand 2 and a half[ish] hours is perfectly normal...

As we all know, the DF has great pics, so i went there. They had Lord Frederick down with his wife, and two children Maud and Freddie. So one out of three right! Sophie was not there; i expect she is still recovering from her back injury, there was a blonde woman in the car next to LF, but it wasn't Gabriella, probably the nanny, or bodyguard, or whatever; it certainly wasn't Sophie. And little Isabella was referred to as LF's SON Freddie! Honestly, all they have to do is google if they don't know; a child could do it! Maud is SO CUTE! And so was Charlotte. And Meghan, great to see her there.

I’m going to scour my bookshelves tonight to doublecheck but I’m sure that the luncheon offered is a buffet style lunch to allow members of the family to circulate and talk to each other rather than a formal sit down affair.

Oh I like that. Thanks Gaudete. I can imagine all the adults mingling and eating and drinking while the kids all run around being the little crumb snatchers they are. I can see George gravitating to Maud and taking her to Mummy and saying "This is my friend from school!"

Family occasions are great. ?

Last edited:
It was so lovely seeing these pics. Lady Margarita Armstrong Jones is growing up to be a very beautiful young lady

I’m going to scour my bookshelves tonight to doublecheck but I’m sure that the luncheon offered is a buffet style lunch to allow members of the family to circulate and talk to each other rather than a formal sit down affair.

I read in a copy of Majesty magazine years ago that the guests are seated at round tables in the Bow room which is the room at the very back of BP which opens out onto the garden. I suppose it could still be a buffet though with guests taking their lunch to sit at whatever table they please. The Queen did a Christmas broadcast one year as well which showed some clips from that year's lunch. The sofas in the long gallery were covered in gifts and in one scene Philip and the Queen handed some to the daughters of Lord St. Andrews. I tried finding footage of that broadcast again but to no avail.

Do we know if that is Tane Lewis or Rufus Gilman with the Duke of Gloucester?

I know Rufus was there

Edit: The DM says it’s Rufus

Last edited:
How much Charlotte has changed allready since the photo they picked as christmas card!

Yes I thought so as well...she's changed some plus she had a different expression on her face!

LaRae

I remember reading at the time of William's wedding that the Queen was far from happy that the reception was to be a buffet as she believes that meals should be had sitting down and not wandering around with food. I therefore doubt that it would be a buffet with people walking around - maybe the go and collect food and then sit at a set seat but as for walking and talking - I don't think so.

Well yeah Bertie if that's actually true.

LaRae

I’m on the hunt! So far I’ve found that a buffet is presented for the family on Christmas Eve at Sandringham but no mention yet of the Palace lunch.

I got a kick out of Eugenie wearing earrings from Chelsy Davy’s jewellery line

Reactions: Fem
I think the previous traditions of fiancees not spending Christmas at Sandringham is also partly due to royal wives not being able to spend Christmas with their own families after the marriage. We know Diana wanted to spend Christmas with the Spencers prior to her father's death, but was told it can't happen. For a lot of them, until recently, that was the last Christmas they could spend with their own families.

I did not know that about Diana wanting to spend Christmas with her family before her father died. Could you tell me where you read that? I have been trying to find it.

I’m on the hunt! So far I’ve found that a buffet is presented for the family on Christmas Eve at Sandringham but no mention yet of the Palace lunch.

That would be interesting considering that is the formal dinner with everyone in full evening wear and tiaras according to all the reports I have read on that issue.

None of my sources have ever suggested that any meal is a buffet and certainly not the Christmas Eve dinner.

Definitely a poor choice in jewelry on part of Princess Michael.

Glad to see the family out in large numbers. Expect its a quite warm casual event as far as royals go. I am sure even the kids had a ton of fun.

Laugh at the Fail's continued mistakes. Little Freddie Windsor, and his suddenly blonde mother :lol:

Hopefully the real Sophie Winkleman is recovering well from her injuries :flowers:

Anyone know when the Queen is leaving for Sandringham now that the family luncheon is over with? I did read that Will and Kate and family are getting ready to head to Amner Hall.

Anyone know when the Queen is leaving for Sandringham now that the family luncheon is over with? I did read that Will and Kate and family are getting ready to head to Amner Hall.

I read rumors that she heads out tomorrow.

Little Freddie Windsor, and his suddenly blonde mother

Little Isabella Windsor, and her suddenly blonde mother

Tis a very confusing season!

I don't like Princess Michael's brooch, and I wouldn't like it if the blue were pink either, but it has been enlightening reading about other people's perceptions, and I can appreciate where they're coming from; I've learned something, always good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom