The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if the Queen finds this a tiresome thought. She is an old lady after all and having lots of small children around is exhausting, even if you are just watching. I am sure her own two little grandchildren exhaust her, never mind the thought of having an 18 month old!

Old 05-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

She has had a baby at Sandringham for Christmas Day since Savannah was born. Fortunately they only stay for about 24 hours and they also have their own apartments/rooms to stay in if necessary.

George also won't be at the big house as no doubt William and Kate will be at Anmer Hall so George would only be over for a short visit.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Courtier

Also, there is every possibility William & Kate won't even be at Sandringham for Christmas as they have alternated Christmases with the Royal Family & the Middletons so far.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
Also, there is every possibility William & Kate won't even be at Sandringham for Christmas as they have alternated Christmases with the Royal Family & the Middletons so far.
This is one blessing that the Cambridges have with having Anmer Hall. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if all the Middletons are at Amner and other than the family only events at the big house, the Middletons are invited to participate in things such as Boxing Day etc. And of course, amid all the fuss and pageantry of the holiday, George will be center stage.

Would be such a cute picture to see George, Savannah and Isla playing with all the wrapping paper and boxes that things come in. Prime attraction for little ones on the holiday.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Royal Highness

Savannah is her grandmother's child and would not be impressed unless he comes into the house riding his reindeer leading a pony.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Martin @CourtierUK · 2h 2 hours ago
The Queen is set to record her annual Christmas Message in the next week. Her 61st. Produced by BBC again this year.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Savannah is her grandmother's child and would not be impressed unless he comes into the house riding his reindeer leading a pony.

Have they stated anywhere that she likes horses?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Royal Highness

I would think the big, family Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace would be next week as well... I like that the Queen has the entire family together before she heads off to Sandringham.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Courtier

I am probably one of the few Americans who look forward to The Queen Christmas Message.

I wonder if she will mention any of The Anniversaries and Milestones coming next year?

2015 is going to be eventful year
Old 12-13-2014, 09:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Have they stated anywhere that she likes horses?
Mike Tindall said Savannah & Isla come over to ride the Tindall ponies.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

♔ Mo_Holland @Mo_Holland · 5h 5 hours ago
Before leaving for Sandringham The Queen will host Her annual pre-Christmas lunch at Buck Palace for the extended Royal Family this week.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
♔ Mo_Holland @Mo_Holland · 5h 5 hours ago
Before leaving for Sandringham The Queen will host Her annual pre-Christmas lunch at Buck Palace for the extended Royal Family this week.
Do we have a date for the lunch at BP?
Old 12-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

My guess is the 19th or 17th. Charles and Anne have engagements on the 16th and 18th. Some are outside of London. Camilla is going to a carol concert on the 16th. I would say the 17th since is a Wednesday instead of Friday the 19th. There is nothing on future engagements on the 17th.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-16-2014, 12:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

A surprisingly recent Buckingham Palace tradition-
BBC News - A surprisingly recent Buckingham Palace tradition

What a very nice story and I had know idea this happened because of a little letter from Graphic designer Robin Ollington.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-16-2014, 01:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
My guess is the 19th or 17th. Charles and Anne have engagements on the 16th and 18th. Some are outside of London. Camilla is going to a carol concert on the 16th. I would say the 17th since is a Wednesday instead of Friday the 19th. There is nothing on future engagements on the 17th.

What is listed on the FE however is rarely an indication of who actually is going to do something as it only lists a few of the engagements that occur outside the various palaces.

I have regularly done a preview count for a month and found them short by around 300 engagements out of the around 400 done in the month. I am therefore saying that the FE only puts up about 25% of engagements in advance.

That being said it could be that the lunch is on Wednesday but the lunch is only a couple of hours so there could be other engagements done on the same day as the lunch.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
What is listed on the FE however is rarely an indication of who actually is going to do something as it only lists a few of the engagements that occur outside the various palaces.

I have regularly done a preview count for a month and found them short by around 300 engagements out of the around 400 done in the month. I am therefore saying that the FE only puts up about 25% of engagements in advance.

That being said it could be that the lunch is on Wednesday but the lunch is only a couple of hours so there could be other engagements done on the same day as the lunch.
Off-topic, but can anyone tell me if there is a special forum for royal Christmas messages in general, or if each monarch's message is discussed in their respective forums ?
Old 12-16-2014, 05:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post

I would say Friday 19th as I don't think Louise and James have finished school yet. Friday seeems like a good bet for the other children who attend to have finished school too

I wish we could see more clips of the lunch. We saw some clips of it in the Queen's 2004 message (the year we saw Louise getting a gift from Granny and Grandad) but can't recall ever seeing it again.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
A surprisingly recent Buckingham Palace tradition-
BBC News - A surprisingly recent Buckingham Palace tradition

What a very nice story and I had know idea this happened because of a little letter from Graphic designer Robin Ollington.
Yes it is and I never knew it was only a recent tradition and only started in 1996!

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall's Christmas Card 2014

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall's Christmas Card 2014
Old 12-16-2014, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I would say Friday 19th as I don't think Louise and James have finished school yet. Friday seeems like a good bet for the other children who attend to have finished school too

I wish we could see more clips of the lunch. We saw some clips of it in the Queen's 2004 message (the year we saw Louise getting a gift from Granny and Grandad) but can't recall ever seeing it again.
This is a private family event - not an official engagement which is why the only photos that usually are seen are those taken by the paps sitting outside BP to see who arrives.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
This is a private family event - not an official engagement which is why the only photos that usually are seen are those taken by the paps sitting outside BP to see who arrives.
I agree that a private event like this should not be filmed or photographed (although we may be lucky to see some footage during the Queen's Christmas Message), but it does reinforce my wish that the Diplomatic Corp dinner was filmed or photographed if only on the basis that it is an official function of the Monarch.

Tags
christmas