The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #881  
Old 05-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,526
I wonder if the Queen finds this a tiresome thought. She is an old lady after all and having lots of small children around is exhausting, even if you are just watching. I am sure her own two little grandchildren exhaust her, never mind the thought of having an 18 month old!
__________________

__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #882  
Old 05-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 13,216
She has had a baby at Sandringham for Christmas Day since Savannah was born. Fortunately they only stay for about 24 hours and they also have their own apartments/rooms to stay in if necessary.

George also won't be at the big house as no doubt William and Kate will be at Anmer Hall so George would only be over for a short visit.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #883  
Old 05-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Top End, Australia
Posts: 764
Also, there is every possibility William & Kate won't even be at Sandringham for Christmas as they have alternated Christmases with the Royal Family & the Middletons so far.
Reply With Quote
  #884  
Old 05-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
Also, there is every possibility William & Kate won't even be at Sandringham for Christmas as they have alternated Christmases with the Royal Family & the Middletons so far.
This is one blessing that the Cambridges have with having Anmer Hall. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if all the Middletons are at Amner and other than the family only events at the big house, the Middletons are invited to participate in things such as Boxing Day etc. And of course, amid all the fuss and pageantry of the holiday, George will be center stage.

Would be such a cute picture to see George, Savannah and Isla playing with all the wrapping paper and boxes that things come in. Prime attraction for little ones on the holiday.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #885  
Old 05-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Queen Camilla's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,861
Savannah is her grandmother's child and would not be impressed unless he comes into the house riding his reindeer leading a pony.
Reply With Quote
  #886  
Old 12-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Martin @CourtierUK · 2h 2 hours ago
The Queen is set to record her annual Christmas Message in the next week. Her 61st. Produced by BBC again this year.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #887  
Old 12-04-2014, 05:44 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Savannah is her grandmother's child and would not be impressed unless he comes into the house riding his reindeer leading a pony.

Have they stated anywhere that she likes horses?


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #888  
Old 12-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,629
I would think the big, family Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace would be next week as well... I like that the Queen has the entire family together before she heads off to Sandringham.
Reply With Quote
  #889  
Old 12-11-2014, 11:42 AM
BritishRoyalist's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 905
I am probably one of the few Americans who look forward to The Queen Christmas Message.

I wonder if she will mention any of The Anniversaries and Milestones coming next year?

2015 is going to be eventful year
Reply With Quote
  #890  
Old 12-13-2014, 09:17 AM
Queen Camilla's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Have they stated anywhere that she likes horses?
Mike Tindall said Savannah & Isla come over to ride the Tindall ponies.
Reply With Quote
  #891  
Old 12-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
♔ Mo_Holland @Mo_Holland · 5h 5 hours ago
Before leaving for Sandringham The Queen will host Her annual pre-Christmas lunch at Buck Palace for the extended Royal Family this week.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #892  
Old 12-15-2014, 08:27 PM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
♔ Mo_Holland @Mo_Holland · 5h 5 hours ago
Before leaving for Sandringham The Queen will host Her annual pre-Christmas lunch at Buck Palace for the extended Royal Family this week.
Do we have a date for the lunch at BP?
Reply With Quote
  #893  
Old 12-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,153
My guess is the 19th or 17th. Charles and Anne have engagements on the 16th and 18th. Some are outside of London. Camilla is going to a carol concert on the 16th. I would say the 17th since is a Wednesday instead of Friday the 19th. There is nothing on future engagements on the 17th.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #894  
Old 12-16-2014, 12:21 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
A surprisingly recent Buckingham Palace tradition-
BBC News - A surprisingly recent Buckingham Palace tradition

What a very nice story and I had know idea this happened because of a little letter from Graphic designer Robin Ollington.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #895  
Old 12-16-2014, 01:16 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 13,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
My guess is the 19th or 17th. Charles and Anne have engagements on the 16th and 18th. Some are outside of London. Camilla is going to a carol concert on the 16th. I would say the 17th since is a Wednesday instead of Friday the 19th. There is nothing on future engagements on the 17th.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
What is listed on the FE however is rarely an indication of who actually is going to do something as it only lists a few of the engagements that occur outside the various palaces.

I have regularly done a preview count for a month and found them short by around 300 engagements out of the around 400 done in the month. I am therefore saying that the FE only puts up about 25% of engagements in advance.

That being said it could be that the lunch is on Wednesday but the lunch is only a couple of hours so there could be other engagements done on the same day as the lunch.
Reply With Quote
  #896  
Old 12-16-2014, 05:02 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
What is listed on the FE however is rarely an indication of who actually is going to do something as it only lists a few of the engagements that occur outside the various palaces.

I have regularly done a preview count for a month and found them short by around 300 engagements out of the around 400 done in the month. I am therefore saying that the FE only puts up about 25% of engagements in advance.

That being said it could be that the lunch is on Wednesday but the lunch is only a couple of hours so there could be other engagements done on the same day as the lunch.
Off-topic, but can anyone tell me if there is a special forum for royal Christmas messages in general, or if each monarch's message is discussed in their respective forums ?
Reply With Quote
  #897  
Old 12-16-2014, 05:41 AM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
My guess is the 19th or 17th. Charles and Anne have engagements on the 16th and 18th. Some are outside of London. Camilla is going to a carol concert on the 16th. I would say the 17th since is a Wednesday instead of Friday the 19th. There is nothing on future engagements on the 17th.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I would say Friday 19th as I don't think Louise and James have finished school yet. Friday seeems like a good bet for the other children who attend to have finished school too

I wish we could see more clips of the lunch. We saw some clips of it in the Queen's 2004 message (the year we saw Louise getting a gift from Granny and Grandad) but can't recall ever seeing it again.
__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #898  
Old 12-16-2014, 06:44 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 32,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
A surprisingly recent Buckingham Palace tradition-
BBC News - A surprisingly recent Buckingham Palace tradition

What a very nice story and I had know idea this happened because of a little letter from Graphic designer Robin Ollington.
Yes it is and I never knew it was only a recent tradition and only started in 1996!

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall's Christmas Card 2014


The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall's Christmas Card 2014
Reply With Quote
  #899  
Old 12-16-2014, 06:59 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 13,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I would say Friday 19th as I don't think Louise and James have finished school yet. Friday seeems like a good bet for the other children who attend to have finished school too

I wish we could see more clips of the lunch. We saw some clips of it in the Queen's 2004 message (the year we saw Louise getting a gift from Granny and Grandad) but can't recall ever seeing it again.
This is a private family event - not an official engagement which is why the only photos that usually are seen are those taken by the paps sitting outside BP to see who arrives.
Reply With Quote
  #900  
Old 12-16-2014, 09:29 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
This is a private family event - not an official engagement which is why the only photos that usually are seen are those taken by the paps sitting outside BP to see who arrives.
I agree that a private event like this should not be filmed or photographed (although we may be lucky to see some footage during the Queen's Christmas Message), but it does reinforce my wish that the Diplomatic Corp dinner was filmed or photographed if only on the basis that it is an official function of the Monarch.
__________________

__________________
JACK
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
christmas


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asian birth britannia british british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese commonwealth countries coronation crown jewels customs daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family tree gemstones genetics george vi gustaf vi adolf harry and meghan henry viii highgrove history hypothetical monarchs japan japan history jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers meghan markle monarchy mongolia mountbatten names plantinum jubilee pless politics portugal prince harry queen consort queen louise queen victoria st edward sussex suthida swedish queen thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states wales welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×