The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
OK. Say she just wasn't feeling well. Maybe her back was killing her. Why not tell the truth about it and end speculation before it starts?
because a local bobby said someything he shouldn't havedone and the DM picked up on that and a moaning mother before anyone realised what they had said

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
because a local bobby said someything he shouldn't havedone and the DM picked up on that and a moaning mother before anyone realised what they had said
But that shouldn't have been allowed to happen. This family has a PR machine. They should use it. But I'll shut up about it now. Even I'm getting sick of it.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
But that shouldn't have been allowed to happen. This family has a PR machine. They should use it.
it happened at the time - this was not a public engagement with the full panoply of royal PR. She went to Church and needed to go home. Really thats it.

Its not been mentioned anywhere else and now the media are concentrating on the Honours list and it is probably forgotten

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Send that bobby back to walking a beat and rescuing cats in trees for causing such a kerfuffle!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
OK. Say she just wasn't feeling well. Maybe her back was killing her. Why not tell the truth about it and end speculation before it starts?
Saying she was unwell would have opened another can of worms IMO. Than it would be back to back articles in the tabloids, on the telly and here at TRF....with the same basic questions..What is wrong with the Queen. Has she seen the doctor? What does he/she say? What is the recovery process.

It would have been a bigger nightmare. Surely everyone remembers what it was like when Prince Phillip and/or the Duchess of Cambridge was in the hospital.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
it happened at the time - this was not a public engagement with the full panoply of royal PR. She went to Church and needed to go home. Really thats it.

Its not been mentioned anywhere else and now the media are concentrating on the Honours list and it is probably forgotten
I spoke too soon.

The Queen tried to treat Diana's death and funeral as a private event, too. Remember what happened then? Quite a few members of the public didn't like the way she responded to something that mattered a lot to them. How many member of the public need to become unhappy for it to become important enough for the Royal PR machine to become involved?

Nothing that involves the Queen - at least nothing that touches on her relationship and interactions with her subjects - is entirely private and without the need for PR.

And nothing that finds its way into the papers is ever really forgotten.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Send that bobby back to walking a beat and rescuing cats in trees for causing such a kerfuffle!
Never underestimate the importance of rescuing cats in trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
It would have been a bigger nightmare. Surely everyone remembers what it was like when Prince Phillip and/or the Duchess of Cambridge was in the hospital.
But isn't it preferable for people to be worrying about them than thinking they are arrogant and don't care about kids with bunches of flowers?
Old 12-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

So true; if he could cajole cats down from trees, he'd be top cop in my book!

And looking at the picture of that forlorn little boy clutching his flowers by HM's car, she should at least have taken that bunch. He was right there. That photo was the "money shot," much to the Queen's disadvantage and a PR disaster.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Look they set this stuff up, themselves,. Yes she is elderly, my mother will be 99 is 2 weeks and still travels on her own, but has bad days, too. If she is so religious, she can attend church privately. I am sure that is doable for her. You set up this PR thing then you have to go trough with it, or make an announcement that HM will not be accepting flowers and whatever. People come because they are lead to believe that they will be able to see and approach them or someone else. Give them advance notice.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for posting that video from 1990, cracked me up that P Anne was wearing the same outfit!
What a beautiful, intimate church.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
But that shouldn't have been allowed to happen. This family has a PR machine. They should use it. But I'll shut up about it now. Even I'm getting sick of it.
I agree with everything you said, I'm sorry I ever put up a link to the article. however the Royal Household should have a half decent PR machine and there is no arguing that once the story came out all it seemed the Queen's team of 5+ PR staff did was confirm that she had been delayed on Christmas Day so was late for lunch. This is what the BBC reported and whilst I don't trust the media 100% I trust the BBC more than any other. Instead they should have said from the off - this was a private event and not a public one and the Queen does not always accept flowers but sometimes lets her family do it on her behalf.
Ironically this is what they said 24hrs + later by which point is was too late as the damage had been done.
Interestingly I think the Queen is between Press Secretaries at the moment, waiting to appoint a new one.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Yep, love that Anne was wearing an outfit from so many years ago.

I was I have to say a little surprised to see Anne still at Sandringham with Zara close to giving birth.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just another signal that the Queen is getting old and won't be around forever.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:15 AM
Majesty

Can someone tell me me if this id true? i read a policeman collecting the flowers sai something like this: "No more flowers. Her Majesty doesn't want to be late for lunch!" :-(
Old 12-31-2013, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Yep, love that Anne was wearing an outfit from so many years ago.

I was I have to say a little surprised to see Anne still at Sandringham with Zara close to giving birth.
I think that Anne is doing what so many of us are doing and have done, deciding who needs more help, parents or children. Zara is well looked after, has a husband and she probably felt her parents needed her more which seems to be the case.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:20 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Anne spent the sunday morning in church with mother, but later she watched races with Zara. No problem, at all.

Pregnant Zara Phillips is positively glowing as she attends the Cottenham races | Mail Online
Old 12-31-2013, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I think that Anne is doing what so many of us are doing and have done, deciding who needs more help, parents or children. Zara is well looked after, has a husband and she probably felt her parents needed her more which seems to be the case.
I agree. Most likely HM's children, in-laws and grandchildren will begin to take on more of her duties.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Can someone tell me me if this id true? i read a policeman collecting the flowers sai something like this: "No more flowers. Her Majesty doesn't want to be late for lunch!" :-(
We don't know if that's true it was only reported by the DailyMail that way.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
To have a baby in the house at Christmas is exciting!
To have a royal baby in the house at Christmas is really exciting!!

It would be delightful to see the reaction of George, Savannah, and Isla as Father Christmas entered the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Savannah is her grandmother's child and would not be impressed unless he comes into the house riding his reindeer leading a pony.
The pony could wear a fancy bow the color of Christmas red.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Imagine the excitement for this years Christmas with 2 royal babies at Sandringham. George will be almost 1 1/2 so he will be more aware of what is going on than he was last year. Mia will be almost 1 too.

Tags
christmas