The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-23-2013, 06:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I think once Charles is King the number of attendees to Sandringham will drop significantly. He may have his siblings attend for a year or two, but they will eventually not be invited and have their own Christmas celebrations. If you think about, Anne already has 2 grandchildren and will have another next year. In a few years time she may have more, therefore she will maybe want her own Christmas gathering at her own home with her own children and their partners. The same for Andrew - he may or may not remarry Sarah, and their daughters will likely be married in 5-10 years, thus they may have children. This may mean he will have his own gathering.

The only difference is Edward as his kids are still really young, but I don't think that still means Charles will extend an invite to them. He and Sophie will likely spend Christmas at Bagshot Park with her father (if he is still alive) and her brother's wife and children perhaps.

I think it's about time the spouses got to spend Christmas with their families. Once you marry you don't spend Christmas with your family at all. Kate made that exception and she has the only one in recent years to do so. The Chatto's and Armstrong-Jones' take it in turns with their families, but for the married in-laws (Camilla, Sophie, Tim etc.) they never spend Christmas day with their families since they married in.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:32 AM
Royal Highness

If Sandringham is too small, that the family has to use the servants rooms; then why does every assume that Anmer Hall is for William and not being remodeled for the family?

IMO, it could easily be for Anne and her family. The Queen has never stated it was for William or did I miss something?

The Queen/Phillip may prefer Sandringham so she had to reduce the number of people to her immediate family.

Charles may move Christmas to Windsor and keep inviting his family/siblings. Since it is closer to London/country homes of various members of the family, the familes can spend Christmas Eve and early part of Christmas with Charles & the RF and Christmas dinner with their non-royal family.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I think once Charles is King the number of attendees to Sandringham will drop significantly. He may have his siblings attend for a year or two, but they will eventually not be invited and have their own Christmas celebrations. If you think about, Anne already has 2 grandchildren and will have another next year. In a few years time she may have more, therefore she will maybe want her own Christmas gathering at her own home with her own children and their partners. The same for Andrew - he may or may not remarry Sarah, and their daughters will likely be married in 5-10 years, thus they may have children. This may mean he will have his own gathering.

The only difference is Edward as his kids are still really young, but I don't think that still means Charles will extend an invite to them. He and Sophie will likely spend Christmas at Bagshot Park with her father (if he is still alive) and her brother's wife and children perhaps.

I think it's about time the spouses got to spend Christmas with their families. Once you marry you don't spend Christmas with your family at all. Kate made that exception and she has the only one in recent years to do so. The Chatto's and Armstrong-Jones' take it in turns with their families, but for the married in-laws (Camilla, Sophie, Tim etc.) they never spend Christmas day with their families since they married in.
Actually, Camilla always leaves after Christmas lunch.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Looks heavenly and peaceful-

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Don't forget that not all the rooms are bedrooms. Many of the 'rooms' are also what we would call 'suites' so that, for instance, Charles and Camilla have something like a bedroom, at least one dressing room, a sitting room and a bathroom where they can be alone.

In many of these grand homes there is a space for the family to be totally private and then the guest bedrooms, with or without private bathrooms and maybe an extra room and then the general entertaining areas. There are also areas that are just for the staff - like Downton Abbey where the downstairs has about 6 or so rooms for them to spend their working time as well as these days a staff lounge where they can relax.

31 people coming from 10 different families - counting Harry now as a 'family' unit separate from his father and that means the suites and other rooms being used quite easily.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Majesty

it would need 16 bedrooms at least. Country estates like this usually have 10, maybe 12. Places like Blenheim and Chatsworth have the numbers required and they are on a different scale.

Also, they probably lost some small bedrooms in order to make bathrooms. I should think that's a issue as well.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Royal Highness

I think when Charles becomes king... BOOM! DROP! It will be him, Camilla, her kids, William and his family, Harry and his family....and no one else. Remember, the 2012 Diamond Jubilee balcony scene was a VERY telling picture of what is to come... Laura and Tom will most certainly be thrust into the inner circle as well once their step-father becomes king.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
I think when Charles becomes king... BOOM! DROP! It will be him, Camilla, her kids, William and his family, Harry and his family....and no one else. Remember, the 2012 Golden Jubilee balcony scene was a VERY telling picture of what is to come... Laura and Tom will most certainly be thrust into the inner circle as well once their step-father becomes king.
The balcony scene last year was the Diamond Jubilee not the Golden one, Lady Marmalade.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 12-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
I think when Charles becomes king... BOOM! DROP! It will be him, Camilla, her kids, William and his family, Harry and his family....and no one else. Remember, the 2012 Diamond Jubilee balcony scene was a VERY telling picture of what is to come... Laura and Tom will most certainly be thrust into the inner circle as well once their step-father becomes king.
I think the balcony scene during the Diamond Jubilee was specifically set to show the line of succession to the throne. The Christmas holidays are a whole different kettle of fish as its a private family celebration. I think that Charles will want to stick to the traditional ways the family has always done things but also I think he'll be more relaxed. We'll just have to wait and see how things go when the time comes.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 29m
Members of the Royal Family are currently on their way to join Her Majesty at Sandringham: including Prince William, Kate & George.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Royal Highness

Royals Christmas 2013
SELDA's ROYAL: ROYAL CHRISTMAS 2013
Old 12-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen- Christmas Day- 3pm UK Time
Her Majesty the Queen delivers her Christmas message to the nation and the Commonwealth-
BBC One - The Queen, 2013

Outside UK Viewers-
tvpc.com - BBC 1

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Majesty

BBC written "preview" of the Queen's speech. Apparently in does include footage from the Christening

BBC News - Queen to reflect on memorable year in Christmas broadcast

The message will be available on the Royal Channel on YouTube after it has been transmitted.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen is also wearing the yellow outfit she wore for William & Catherine's wedding.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-25-2013, 05:30 AM
Heir Apparent

BBC News - Queen and Royal Family attend church service at Sandringham
The Queen and other members of the Royal Family are attending church in Sandringham for a Christmas service.

Some arrived for an early service while the main one starts at 11:00 GMT and lasts for around 45 minutes.

odd that since Philip was taken ill we have started seeing pictures from this early service, I wonder what has changed? Also in the bbc pic is the Queen wearing a fur coat? (Harry still has his beard it looks like)
Old 12-25-2013, 05:38 AM
Heir Apparent

http://oi42.tinypic.com/ilizdi.jpg

http://oi42.tinypic.com/3504brn.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/k2enmd.jpg

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2vtwn46.jpg

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2e4j6mf.jpg

2nd service William and Catherine head into the more formal service holding hands...Awww.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/55jfyv.jpg
Old 12-25-2013, 05:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Four generations of the Royal Family gather at Sandringham | Mail Online

The article actually contains no information or pictures from today but will be updated;

Here's the front cover picture - http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...38_964x365.jpg

The Queen talks of 'happiness and hope' brought by baby George in Christmas message that includes unseen footage of her great-grandson's christening day | Mail Online
Old 12-25-2013, 06:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Gosh Harry, please put a coat on! Everybody else is wrapped up to the nines and he has just his suit jacket on.

Nice that Zara has come and she hitched a ride with the Queen for the early service.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Majesty

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 11m Kate told the crowds George opened his presents but was more interested in the wrapping. Said they've had a lovely morning
Old 12-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Majesty

Daily Mail report doesnt seem to have grasped the fact that they go to church twice. But the pictures are good.

Tags
christmas